It's not as good as the first one

It's not as good as the first one.

Other urls found in this thread:

realorfake4k.com/my-product/stranger-things/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nope, it's better

seems fine to me, 2 episodes in

For me it matched the first one up until the last 3 episodes.

Problems I had were

>The scenes with 11 felt the weakest
>The "sister" was so annoying and I didn't understand the point of that entire subplot
>11 was just hidden away for a year only to just show up in the end and save everything in one scene like a superhero. It was too easy
>just took 1 month for everyone to be back to normal after literal demonic shit went on
>Bob dying felt pointless. We didn't need that happen for le drama, there was enough drama going on. It was also obvious he was going to die the way the camera slowed down for an age when they smiled together
>Hooper being so concerned for 11, and as far as he was aware, she was still in the hut. But after escaping the building and everything that was happening, didn't stop to go back to the hut to get 11 or see if she was ok

Also in general the season structure followed the same beats as the first season

That was my conclusion as well. Still enjoyed it.

008 plot was 1/10 though.

I liked this season, but I agree. Season 1 was comfy.
The only cons I remember were
>episode 7
>the bullshit with Nancy and Jonathon
>How Billy was "defeated"
> Bob killing himself
I don't remember much else, but I didn't walk away from it like I did with season 1. This season kinda just ended. I'm rewatching it soon anyway.

So episode 7 was universally disliked right?

The people in the van who were meant to be cool and bad arze just seemed like a lame bunch of dorks.

I predicted bobs death as soon as talked about needing to know Basic.

That's when I said to my girlfriend that bob's gonna die.

yes, not surprising

I have most of the same criticisms, almost exactly. Anything that didn't involve the main group of boys was pointless (which was at least 1/3 of the season and entire episodes). Once it became apparent that they'd cover the _exact_ same plot points as the first season (evil government agency hiding secrets, the same demogorgon monsters, same tunnels/spores with traps, etc) I mentally checked out.

Maybe 6/10. The paper tunnels covering the house was a cool prop, though.

is this picture a meme yet? I just capped it

>Chapter 7 is the worst

I knew he would die too but I thought it wasn't necessary

The other characters in the show feel like real and relatable people. These assholes came off as cliche cartoon characters.

The sister is what they're gonna run with for season 3. They can't just keep going to the shadowverse, that gravy train is running out. At least not in the context of Hawkins saving the day. There's probably going to be more holes discovered and the problem might become public globally.

wonder why

If they made it go public then it stops you from being able to immagine that it's something that happened in a small town in the 80's.

She doesn't even look anything like the baby version.

I still don't understand the story behind max and her brother. Why weren't they allowed to hang out with anyone? Why would it be dangerous for them? Did I miss something? Only thing I remember explaining them is when Max said their parents were divorced. Then all of a sudden the dad and step mom came out of nowhere.

No, its not. I wish I could erase the 7th episode from my memories.

>Try to portray Harper as a caring father figure
>I only see him as a child rapist who took in El as a child bride

It was bad in episode 2 when they were sprucing up their new home

It was quite literally pointless. I don't know what we gained from it

See
>11 was just hidden away for a year only to just show up in the end and save everything in one scene like a superhero. It was too easy

The only reason the storyline happened was because she was cooped up in a hut for a year

Is he a racist?

What's so bad about max hanging out with the black kid?

Also why qas he made out to be a nad giy in the end?

His 13 year old step sister was hanging out in what looks like a crack house with steve when she should be in bed.

If anything he was being a good stepbrother but wss made out to be an asshole.

The graffiti on all the walls looked so fake.

It looks like it was done by regular joes with spray paint and not actual taggers.

Season 2 was ok but nowhere near as good as S1

>Bad pacing
>Zero mystery at all, you already know exactly what's going to happen and just wait for the payoff
>Diversity crew episode (ep 7) could have been left out entirely, it is not relevant and is just 45 minutes of cringe
>Dustin is the only one who doesn't get what he wants, despite being one of the best characters this season
>Same for Steve
>Billy's character's potential is wasted

I could go on, but it was a bit disappointing compared to what I'd hoped for.

The thing is that the characters in episode 7 are meant to be bad arse scary punks but you get more of an annoying theatre kid vibe off them which makes you cringe.

>>Dustin is the only one who doesn't get what he wants, despite being one of the best characters this season
He got to dance with Nancy. He might be able to get with her next season because Jonathan's going to an out of state college and I'm sure Steve will find someone better than her.

>on my 4K hdr tv you can clearly see that she has a mustache

ewww.
Anyway. I liked the season a lot. Great visuals, very well made sound. Kids are great, story is ok. 8.0/10.0 overall.

And yeah episode 7 is crap, it doesn't fit at all.

>he bought the 4K meme

Stranger Things isn't even streamed at 4K retard, you can't see more than the rest of us.

>El gets a power up and becomes an ex machina
>Set up for 008's return to Hawkins to fight El which leads to "girl power" team up

they need diversity crew to set up for season 3

The lesser focus of Mike really makes the show worse

Are you fucking kidding? We got a shitload of El character development. Wow, stick to basic cable, dude.

>Stranger Things isn't even streamed at 4K retard

It is streamed in 4K + HDR10.

What was the point of having Max again? In the first season each character felt like they had an impact on the bigger, supernatural plot.

Max feels like she's just there to create some tension between Dustin and Lucas? But even that subplot is resolved in like 5 minutes.

I'm not sure why have this character at all.

realorfake4k.com/my-product/stranger-things/

S1 was shot in 6K, S2 was shot with 8k RED camera and downsampled to 4K with added HDR.

>Is he a racist?
It was implied.

>What's so bad about max hanging out with the black kid?
Nothing. Billy was just racist.

>Also why qas he made out to be a nad giy in the end?
Because he was. It was said before the show came out that he's the new human villain of the show, but he was severely underutilized.

>His 13 year old step sister was hanging out in what looks like a crack house with steve when she should be in bed.
He doesn't give a shit, he only went looking for her because his dad called him a faggot and forced him too.

>If anything he was being a good stepbrother but wss made out to be an asshole
I don't think you paid attention to Billy at all.
>Almost ran the boys over
>implied that he beats Max
>attacks Lucas
>constantly antagonized Steve
>rapes Steve

It made sense that he was kinda pushed to the side. He was depressed about El and he just wanted to be there for Will. Lucas and Dustin had their own shit to worry about. Mike was treating Max the same way Lucas treated Eleven in season 1 so it wouldn't make sense for him to be around her. He still put on a great performance, I cried when he saw El again.

Looks like I'm skipping season 3 then

boom

Maybe the duffer brothers were trying to stick to a "badass for the 80s" vibe. Movies like the Lost Boys have those badass punk archetypes that are not threatening at all but are obviously supposed to come off that way so people know they're from the wrong side of the tracks or whatever

is this tv show even worth the watch?

never really trusted shitflix stuff

S1 is top comfy, S2 is okay but came short of the impossibly high hype surrounding it

What will be the house gimmick for season 3?

>season 1
>Ouija board wall

>season 2
>tunnel drawings on walls

super spooky Mario brothers on the walls

Talk again after episode 7 mate.

haunted lite brite

Did Max/Billy add anything to this season besides another love triangle and another rival for Steve?
Looking back over the season you could cut them out and it would be completely fine, probably even better.

Wasn't their Dads image on the board at the conspiracy theorists place? I thought I saw it in the images of the "bad people" that the 80s after school special party were hunting.
Could be wrong tho

S2 just wasn't spoopy or atmospheric at all.
S1 had a lot of cool moments that hit pretty close to home with shit seeming to move inside the walls, the shadows, the feeling of being watched when nothing seems to be there, etc. It was incredibly atmospheric. The Upside Down was handled much better as well despite the way lower budget.
I really don't get how they managed to miss all that entirely in S2, was it just a fluke?

Should I press play or what?

'MEMBER ALIENS?

I LOVE TO 'MEMBER ALIENS

I think the writers really fucked up by not making max and billy experiments like el. I was waiting for the reveal and then a fight between max billy and el.

I MEMBER

MEMBER THE 80S AGAIN?

I loved aliens and honestly I loved that scene.

a-am I becoming a normie? Have I always been a normie?

'MEMBER GHOSTBUSTERS AGAIN

>"Who you gonna call?" The...nerds
Literally the only intentional funny moment in the season (Episode 7 was hilariously cringe-worthy)

Stranger things 2 sucked

How did Hopper know that Eleven/Jane left the Cabin?

The woman that saw her called the cops

No, I mean, when she left for her mother and then Chicago while Hopper was stuck in the Upside Down and Hawkins Lab the entire time. How did he know she was gone?

>How did he know she was gone?
He didn't know

>7.8

Who the fuck gave that a good rating? WHO?

Cause she came back with makeup on looking like she was part of the poo squad

Wow man that's some crazy insight.

How do you do it?

I thought they were called the Poo in Loo Crew.

Or, was it the Pajeet Beat Agents? The Snake-Charmer Six?

they really missed their chance at making her a mysterious superpowered villain, would have been a lot more interesting instead of boredom we got

Ooh, I have another one.

The Urban Turbans.

>people loved the first season because of the cute relationship between Mike and El
>reduced their roles greatly for the second season

What were they thinking?

Should've had her come back in the last episode as a set up villain for season 3 or just left her out until the third season. Man they really fucked up this season.

the first season was complete garbage too.

>implying the first one was any good
This is the problem with normies and hype. They tend to completely overrate mediocre films/tv shows when things are popular and hip. Just look at how normies are eating up Blade Runner 2049 despite that being not very good as well.