Spider-Man: Homecoming was the best Spider-Man movie in the same way poop is the best flavor of chocolate

Spider-Man: Homecoming was the best Spider-Man movie in the same way poop is the best flavor of chocolate.

I can rant all day about how terrible of an adaption it is but even beyond that it really isn't all that great a film period. Most of that is due to the directing which is some of the most bland, Disney channel, mass audience pleasing garbage in any of the Spidey films.

Picking a guy that's only done like 2 movies previous to this one was such a huge fucking mistake on Marvel's part. He's got no idea how to direct action and he's only barely above par with everything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nL8hVXSDmNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I loved this movie

879.7 million USD

It was the best, but that isnt hard when the next best spiderman is on the level of the first Power Rangers movie. I had doubts about Keaton but he was great.

But all the teen angst highschool bullshit really brought it down.

angst=cringe

>poop is the best flavor of chocolate.

>Spider-Man Homecoming was bad because poop and I didn't like it. Disney and inexperience and everything but discussing the movie itself because I'm a halfwit.
Great review, please do more.

Rami spiderman > homecoming

>spider-man movie
>hardly any web swinging
boooo

just because it flopped doesnt mean it was a bad movie

>this moron who keeps making the same threads about how terrible this movie is as if anyone at Sup Forums gives a fuck.

Enjoy page 10 in a few minutes bigot.

>revenue is an indicator of quality
I guess Spider-Man 3 is the best Spidey movie to date then.

It didn't flop (unfortunately).

Eh, tonally it was the best Spiderman and that can take it far. My primary gripe is that the villain didn't have any stakes, and it seemed much ado about nothing.

We still don't have enough of Spiderman fighting street-level guys. They could learn a thing or two from the Netflix Daredevil series.

>My primary gripe is that the villain didn't have any stakes
I thought the villain was one of the best parts of the movie and a fresh of breath air for superhero movies. In most capeshit the villain want to destroy a city, or a big chunk of the planet or destroy everything. Often with little reason other than I'm so evil. In Homecoming the villain is just a working stiff who steals stuff and sells it. It's simple and it focuses more on the characters rather than the New York City destroyfest we get in a lot of these movies.

agreed. I loved how he said Tony Stark made billions selling weapons so why can't he

It made absolutely no sense how he could spend years selling alien weaponry and not bring any attention to himself. Also the fact that he showed absolutely no remorse for vapourising one of his colleagues makes it hard to sympathise with him.

>It made absolutely no sense how he could spend years selling alien weaponry and not bring any attention to himself
They were being very careful that's a major plotpoint of the movie when his cronies start being reckless. Vulture is afraid of the Avengers because he knows he's not some ultimate badass which is why he wants to move the product slowly and carefully and not bring any attention to themselves. This is what leads to vaporizing one of his colleagues who was jeopardizing everything and everyone in the operation.

>spider defined by how much he wants to be an avenger
>the best
back to where you came from

>Peter Parker going from an absolute sperglord to getting the girl on a date is "quality writing"
>the entire film was about how iron man was cooler than spider man
>people unironically think this is a better film than Spider-man 2

>poop is the best flavor of chocolate.
what?

The movie was the best of the franchise. Not the best Spiderman. I prefer the first. But like i said, it the movie was too much like watching Power Rangers

spider-man wasn't even spider-man in this movie.
for example, the vulture kills a guy right in front of him who spidey could've saved but who he chose to ignore in order to instead have a stupid fight with vulture before (once more) fucking everything up and cutting the ferry they're on in two.
anyone who can look at that scene and say that this is anywhere close to a good adaptation of the character either had their brain pounded into mush by the process of watching through all the other parts of the movie up to that point, or they don't know anything about the character beyond the costume and lolquips

youtu.be/nL8hVXSDmNM

The ideal Spider-Man movie would just be an extended version of that section in Spider-Man 2 where he decides to be a normal person.

It would be Toby walking around with a smile on his face, succeeding in school and recovering his genuine love for science, living his life and being awkward but with a relaxed smile on his face that says he has no worries, just showing up to dates with MJ on time without the guilt that he has to hide a secret identity, and visiting Aunt May once a week and doing all the odd jobs she can’t do herself.

That’s what we all needed I think. A happy Toby/Peter.

Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2 are the best Spider-Man films.

Between them, the video games and comics, I don't even need new Spider-Man crap. That 2000-2008 with the X-Men, Raimi Spider-Man, Nolan Batman (the first two) and the first Iron Man were the golden years of cape shit. Everything else after is recycled nonsense. It's all been done.

Damn...

>tfw my grandma took me to watch the first 2 Spider-Man movies in the theater because she knew he was my favorite superhero.
>tfw the only time she went to the movie theater was to take me to see these movies.
>tfw she told me someday I would meet a girl like Mary-Jane and fall in love and I should be good to her.
>tfw after watching the second one she gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me, “He reminds me of you.”
>tfw my grandma died a couple of months before the 3rd one came out.
>tfw when I go to see the movie with friends and cry in multiple scenes because it’s so bad and I miss my grandma.
>tfw when everything about my life and the world has gone downhill ever since.

Ramen Spiderman > rami spiderman > homecoming

This is now a Raimi thread