Lackadaisy Bearcat

Tracy on fire with update fever

Featuring best bartender once again.

God damn this comic is gorgeous, shame it doesn't have much traction to it.

They made left-handed guns back in the 20s?

Looks like he took it out of his right hand pocket, which you would grab with your left hand

Ah, that makes more sense.

>Mordecai is an OCD, jewish serial killer for a crime boss AND a lefty
He keeps getting worse, yet his clothes get better. I hope he doesn't kill the bartender

bartender a qt, too bad i feel he is going to die

I wish Sup Forums had a more than tepid interest in Lackadaisy. I mean, we're even getting updates now.

Good things don't get attention unless people make up shit about them to hate, or they get really popular and bring in shitposters and idiots

What in the hell is going on with the big mans hair? It looks like the stuff sticking out to the side is thing that's hair, and the rest is fur. If it's meant to make him look weird it works

You've never been in the military have you? That's what a fade with a gumby the maximum 3 inches allowed on a swole white dude looks like.

>AND a lefty

Has Mordecai been shown as left-handed before this? Or is it some sort of ruse?

>left-handed guns

After some thinking, how sill she cut that into 2 equally sized pages? Given her skill, she already knows how, I just don't get how.

Why the heck does Lackadaisy not get more traction?

It is literally because it is "furry" and NOT sexual? Is it the total lack of sexuality in it?

Lackadaisy seems like it should be all over the place, but it still is stuck in relative obscurity.

It's slow as fuck.

I hear people say that, but It seems to be way faster these days.

Like, isn't this the 2nd or 3rd update in a month?

Do not confuse Sup Forums's current apathy with lack of interest. Lots pf people care, read, and even give Tracy hard earned money. It's just this board stopped caring about 3 years ago. Nobody knows why.

I have a conspiracy theory that the art on this comic is so good that Sup Forums ignores it because all the wannabe comic artists here know they will never be on this level

mostly though I think Sup Forums just doesn't read it because it doesn't have fetishy pandering

>It's just this board stopped caring about 3 years ago.

We cared during the Patreon push to get her to quit her job about two years ago.

Well, the "we" mostly consisted of non-Sup Forums crowd. Fans who don't come here.

>Your're late

Tracy needs to proof-read this shit.

>Tracy needs to proof-read this shit.

She fixed it on the site pretty quickly. But thanks to speedy fans, her shame can live on.

3 new pages in January, a bit of a breakneck speed, though they used to come out in small bursts like that. It seems that now with Patreon the subscribers get it first and then it goes up on the main site later, so I'm not exactly sure how fast the pages are being made.

being anything less than ambidextrous would constitute an unacceptable degree of asymmetry.

having been born left-handed and forced to use his right hand may even be the source of his symmetrical obsessions.

it's just that it's slow. I love lackadaisy to pieces but it's impossible to care when it never updates. the characters haven't even done anything REALLY. We're just now getting into it imo

Updates are too slow for a big 'fandom' to build up and stay invested. She's been working on it for over a decade, and the story is still snailing along. The art is amazing, but it usually takes a fucking year for a couple of new pages to come out.

That's just too long a wait for most people.

over a fucking decade already? yikes

First page was posted in 2006.

They exist. I look it up. The magazine catch and safety are on the right-side so that a left-handed thumb can quickly access them.

>It seems that now with Patreon the subscribers get it first and then it goes up on the main site later

She polled patrons to see if they wanted a single lump release, or one page at a time. They voted for one multi-page update. So she posted the first page on Patreon for those who wanted single pages. But she couldn't get them all done before a con and posted the first two because of her perpetual guilt about the slow updates.

This current page was posted to Patreon and her website simultaneously.

Every time he was shown writing or holding a gun so far, he was doing it with his right.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a born lefty trained into ambidexterity, though. My dad said he was hit over his left hand with a wooden ruler until he learned how to write with his right.

damn that 1911 is drawn beautifully

This, that was common practice in the olden days of public education to "correct" lefties

My father, now 75, had the same experience. He's left hand dominant, but can still write with both due to the threat of beating in his childhood.

This shit made me laugh harder than it ought to have

My dad is breaking 50, same thing. But I'm from commielands so we're backwards by nature

She needs to get over he perpetual guilt about things. Other artists give 0 fucks. It is cool that she cares, but it feels weird to have the artist of a web comic apologizing for the most tiny things that either no one cares about, or that she has no control over.

Sometimes I feel like she needs a manager or something.

It is criminal that Lackadaisy does not have a bigger Sup Forums crowd.

LOL -- I wish we were able to make Tracy famous enough that Disney would tap her to direct a Zootopia squeal, or at least a few episodes of an animated series. :P

She has the skills enough to do it.

So if he's ambidextrous, does he carry around two guns, one specifically for each hand? Does he have righty gun still stashed after the big cat took his lefty?

Shit, now I'm laughing.

>2 guns

Apparently just retarded. And I'm not sure why.... :(

Care to illiterate on your meme?

>anything with animals has to do with Zootopia
>sequAL

I have to imagine that Mordecai is not that stupid. He is able to properly understand that accuracy is better than an extra fistful of bullets that won't hit shit.

Nobody said anything about using them at the same time

Fair point.

Ok fine.... bringing up "that" movie was a bad idea.

But there also was that video with the poster version of her expressions tutorial on the wall in the Disney studios, so I feel like time kernel of connection and influence can't be denied.

I just mean, she draws animal characters better than pretty much everyone out there. She deserves a big studio gig.

Obviously, the optimal would be if some studio decided to make a 2D Lackadaisy movie as Oscar bait--Not to win, because only Disney and Pixar are allowed to win the Animated Oscar anymore---but as like, the 4th and 5th wheel indie nominations they always like to give out as a token to the "little guys"....

Either way it would be a hell of a recognition.

You believe that the goal of every artist is to be assimilated into the machine that is Disney. You also believe that the company invented the "Disney style", when they merely figured out what "sells most", and stuck to it.

You are well-meaning for wishing Tracy more success, but you are also stupid in your beliefs.

Aw yeah, Mordecai's got a new boyfriend.

I think you missed the point.

It is never about being assimilated, it is about finding some way to get broader recognition.

Disney is merely a tool--a means to those ends.

And like I said, the indie rout would be good too, but still takes funding so some studio or investor would be needed.

Also.... you said I "also believe that the company invented the "Disney style", when they merely figured out what "sells most", and stuck to it."

So, that is kind of the opposite of what I said. I said I felt Disney not only did not invent anything, but I also implied based on one of Tracy's tutorial posters being up in Disney studios, that they may have even "borrowed" from Tracy's style for their stuff.

Guess I misread your post.

But you're missing the point; Disney is a wonderful boot, but not everyone fits it. And while it is a great means to an end to attain exposure, some people are content with their current exposure, even if that means less income. Not to mention Ms. Butler is already making a pretty penny on patreon comparative to the cost of living in Saint Louis.

There should be a "UNDERAGE B&" report button.

>Care to illiterate on your meme?
>illiterate
The stupid burns but the irony is delicious.

If St. Louis ever turns itself around that house of Tracy's is gonna be worth a mint.

Anyone else think Tracy is (ironically) getting lazy with her faces?

No.

Is there anything that can feasibly be done to ensure that this is actually completed at some point?

Basically what I've been doing for the last sixteen months:
Gibe monies on Patreon and don't cash in on your tier's reward to give her more time to focus on the actual comic.

I want Zulie to molest him NGL.

>Zulie

would