What the FUCK was her problem?

what the FUCK was her problem?

will we ever get a proper book adaptation ?

needed to get laid. punished all men for her rejection by some.

Nothing. She treated the mentally ill as the genetic dead ends they are.

I'm never really sure whether she was sadistic or incompetent.

I don't understand why everyone said she was evil. I've never read it but from what I've heard she's a massive cunt in the book. But here, Nurse Rached just seemed like someone who wanted to maintain control of all the crazies.

She was just doing her job

>injun escapes at the end
>dies of alcohol poisoning in a gutter somewhere

she represented "the man" and Nicholson was "the radical" that was shaking up the system and teaching the pilled up inmates to live again through his free and wild thinking maaaaan

Absolute hippy trash, but it is a funny movie, it wouldn't even be made for Netflix now as it uses mental illness as a source of comedy, in that aspect it's a fucking masterpiece. Also the book this is based on is utter fucking garbage

She was in charge of a psych ward with mentally unstable patients, and this douche that wants to skip prison time by faking mental illness fucks shit up. I can't blame her really.

Yeah but she was a bit of a sadist and a control freak. She wasn't a bad person but when you give someone authority like that and not the proper training or supervision, that's what you get.

Stanford prison experiment in action. You had a nurse running therapy and never see any of the doctors. They just dispense medicine and punishment when needed.

>I didn't get it

she literally didn't do anything wrong. she wasn't there to be friends with anyone she was there to do her job and she did it well under the circumstances of having a reckless dangerous convicted criminal that was trying to weasel back into society again to commit more crimes.

if you think she was in the moral wrong then welcome to my plebe filter

>expecting a Sup Forumstard to "get" something

>what the FUCK was her problem?
Her Occupation.

She's hot as fuck

She was just doing her job.

Ever had to be in charge of a group of people? It aint just about a power fantasy; people can become uncontrollable if they dont have proper strict guidance. The people in the institution knew that as well as the wider society.

>crazy people can't be genius.

Yeah, a huge miscast.
It's a key point about her appearance in the book that she's a woman you can't get sexually excited about, despite not being outright ugly.

>torturing an autist with the idea of telling his mother he had sex

>did nothing wrong

I get it you agree with this guy but rachet was a grade a cunt no matter how you spin it. Fucking hot though

>He never met a bitter, middle-aged woman past her prime
They are all alike

>you can't get sexually excited about, despite not being outright ugly.

Ew this describes me perfectly

Lol

Desperate virgins with shit taste. Don't get me wrong I love femdom and an evil controlling woman can be hot as fuck. But not this one.

>Desperate virgins with shit taste.

Projection: the post

I haven;t read the book for a long time , but I thought it was kind of the opposite, she was a woman that could be hot, but was frumpy and dowdy on purpose. The book kept mentioning her big tits, didn't it?

She did do something very wrong. What she did to Billy Bibbit is unforgivably evil especially since she knows he is psychologically unstable. She practically had a gleeful expression as she told him she was gonna inform his mother. No care for her own patient or his well-being. Pure sadism. McMurphy was right to choke a bitch.

Does anyone else think that in the ending scenes McMurphy might have just been drugged up and the cut on his head could have been from altercation that took place earlier? Well obviously he was sedated but should Chief have at least waited until the morning? He could have murdered McMurphy and escaped at anytime he wanted.

often I see user claiming a character did nothing wrong, but in this case she literally did nothing at all even slightly wrong.

Has there ever existed a couple who did this little wrong?

She was jealous that Sisko was the emissary of the prophets.

To your average alt-righter sadism and abuse of power are a-ok so long as:

1) you're white
2) you don't break* any laws

*Bending them is fine of course, even encouraged. So long as you get the job done or some other such bullshit.

Sounds like a better end to me, than have some white sadistic bitch decide over your own fate.

She was going off an outdated school of thought in psychology.

Shit was archaic. Not that we have everything figured out now, but it's a lot better than the 60's.

Yeah, she showed signs of sabotaging her appearance to keep the patients from getting any ideas.
But it's a crucial point that McMurphy couldn't see her in a sexual light.

you can't damn her 40 years on for using outdated nursing techniques.

I'm sexually excited from reading that.

I know, I'm just answering the quesiton. She was using far outdated methods and mindsets to help people with their mental health.

What the fuck does the "alt-right" have to do with a movie made in the 70's?

she was helping everyone. mac shouldn't have even been there. he was the real villain.

She was a petty tyrant. You'll see this a lot out in the world. People who have very little influence or control in their lives will go completely bonkers when they just get a tiny bit of authority.

Tell me you wouldn't let her put you in a straightjacket and edge you for 3 hours

It's an explanation for the replies you see here.

Are you really that thick?

>Tell an unstable highly anxious mental patient with blatant mother issues that you're going to tell his mother he had sex with a prostitute, then leave him alone in a room long enough to kill himself
>The guy kills himself
Waahhh, she did nothing wrong!!!!!

Oh fuck off and go to reddit if you're going to hunt for political boogeymen. No one cares.

Trump funneled large sums of money into the USSR to basically force our mental health institutions to treat patients that way. Once the USSR collapsed Trump no longer had a reliable means to subvert our culture and distanced himself from the initiative. You find that mental health treatment improved dramatically after the collapse of the USSR. Coincidence? I think not.

This botting program hasn't had all the kinks worked out yet.

if mac hadn't been there and gotten him laid this situation would never have arisen. his recovery would have progressed.

mac was too busy being an edgy rebel loser to think about the effect getting laid would have on such a fragile mind.

they should have just kicked the shit out of macedgy straight away and thrown him in solitary. were I the head of an asylum faced with such a problem that's what I would do.

I'm the second guy telling off the first guy, I have no idea how you think this makes sense.

Yes. Yes she was.

So you didn't refute my point at all, nice.

And I guess its lucky some edgy faggot larping as a badass on Sup Forums will never be the head of an asylum then.

your post implied that getting laid would solve all of billy's problems, rather than open up another unneeded can of snakes.

he needed to know that he was still a very ill individual, despite the temporary thrill that getting laid can provide.

literally every Sup Forums poster would benefit from having nurse ratched monitoring them.

You are one dumb fuck, I never implied that at all. I implied that hanging a seemingly world-ending situation over a mentally-ill patients head that drives him to suicide, because you're momentarily pissed off at him, is in fact doing something wrong.

The Sup Forumsshilling sure is strong in this thread.

If Nicholson wasn't crazy why did they lobotomize him

Pah'wraiths

women are evil

So the Sorosbucks went straight to botting all the Sup Forums boards.

>You must wait longer before posting a reply

he was an beta tard in need of a strong sexless female. it was a normalfag boreball fan and his lmao let's all get laid bullshit that made him kill himself.

>there are people who WOULDN'T want to get dominated by Nurse Ratched

>in need of a strong sexless female
>uses the word "cuck" as an insult unironically

Back to your containment board please

>he was an beta tard in need of a strong sexless female. it was a normalfag boreball fan and his lmao let's all get laid bullshit that made him kill himself.
Jesus Christ, can you stop talking like an absolute faggot? That's barely legible.

And yeah, it was totally getting laid that drove him to suicide, thats the really logical and totally not ass-backwards autistic way to see it.

she hated masculinity

she probably had dealt with similar guys before, I'm sure at least half of these kinds of people dont think they're crazy

I didn't use the word cuck. I wonder what based nurse ratched would make of you.

face it. he would still be alive if not for macmurphy. he would have gotten out in a few years, had sex normally with a non-hooker and have been just fine.

why are you so intent on challenging me? even the chief would probably have recovered. instead he ran off and likely ended up sucking dick to pay for his juicy fruit/

She represented a communist dictator. Forman, the director, grew up in Czechoslovakia.

These were people who voluntarily stayed in a looney bin. They needed a control freak.

The film is interpreted in different ways by different people, because of personality differences. The bickering in this thread proves this.

Nothing, Kai Winn did nothing wrong

>different ways by different people
Not really. Only way you could possibly think she did nothing wrong is if you're either really nutty or a troll.

Seriously, what was to be gained from this?

(OP)
>"The Communist Party was my Nurse Ratched"

What did he mean by this?

>tfw you know exactly what he meant by this

The film is based off of a book.

>buzzwords, the post
Are you legitimately retarded? Why can't you form a legible thought? You need to get off the internet for a while, it's warping your mind, brainlet

What does this have to do with the movie?

not enough dick

The book is better, chief should be the focus