What is it that makes 24fps seem so natural for watching film?

What is it that makes 24fps seem so natural for watching film?

pretty sure our eyes see at 24fps

Not really.

For starters we have two visions.

Is this a james and ryan thread?

I wouldn't say natural, but it does induce a trance-like effect on the audience. Also provides motion blur.
I guess it boils down to people being used to it.

it's just what we are used to

I think the fact that shitty soap operas and daytime talk-shows have been using high-FPS cameras for so long we ironically associate high framerate with cheap/low quality productions.

used to it. we've watched movies and television in ~24 frames our entire lives. i've been doing some 48f projects for a few years now and i've gotten used to that which was awkward at first, so 24f is pretty awkward to watch some times for me. there's "haze" and blur during motion for example which i was weaned off on 48.

No, find a better place to flirt with other autists.

talking about FPS is the most autist thing you can talk about.

>we've watched movies and television in ~24 frames our entire lives
Wrong, TV is 60-50 FPS, depending on where you are.

anyone who doesnt say "used to it" is dumbshit. anything else is a rationlization. every single major development in every single medium goes thru this "wtf-i-dont-want-more-reality-in-my-escapist-art" stage. see the advent of the novel, color in film, ETC

It's the film industry brainwashing convincing you that their shitty cost-cutting measure is somehow "artistic".

They work at that frequency but the video was still filmed at 24 or 25fps.

You're not making any sense, be specific about your ramblings, you stupid shit.

no. you're confusing frames per second with fields per second. so you still get the motion blur.

Wrong, live television was broadcast at 60 FPS NTSC and 50 FPS PAL.

> TV is 60-50 FPS
no, it's 30-25.

No, you're making up intensely stupid shit because you have a mental condition.
Wrong again, look it up.

i looked it up. television is broadcast in either 25 or 30 frames per second, to match with 50/60hz.

there is no reason to be upset.

...You genuinely don't know the difference between fields per second and frames per second?

Are you trolling?

shut the fuck up brainlet

I'm not upset, I misrimembered whatever information I read.
See, this is merely done for attention, you need to clam down.

24 fps is a shitty jewish trick

>REEEEEE videogames make me buttangery why can't everything be le vidya
You're still saying nothing, you retarded child.

It seems you were the one with the "mental condition" then.

IT LOOKS WARMER

kys pleb

>No, you're making up intensely stupid shit because you have a mental condition.
>I'm not upset, I misrimembered whatever information I read.
>See, this is merely done for attention, you need to clam down.

Easier for your eyes to process (less frames to track), moves at a quick enough pace so as to not be noticeably slow and slow enough to not have the soap opera effect where everything is constantly animated.

Our eyes see way beyond 24fps. The reason 24fps looks good because it adds this minor blur that makes sets look more realistic. Most HDTVs negates the blur 24fps creates and it instantly makes everything look super fake. I had to go into my settings to turn it off because it made watching older movies unbearable. Trying to watch even a Blu-Ray version of Wrath of Khan looks awful with the blur removed. It makes it obvious the ships were filmed on green screen and placed within the scene. Watching Stargate Atlantis looks so bad. It instantly goes from decent looking sci-fi show to something that looks like it's done on a shoestring budget.