You're not a soldier

>You're not a soldier.
You're not a person.

The Rucka run is ass. He'd rather make sure the reader understands he doesn't agree with Frank's methods than tell a story

>>You're not a soldier.
>You're not a person.
can I be a cat?

> The Rucka run is ass.

I love this run so much.

But then, I read it for Rucka, not for Frank, so I'm a filthy casual. Apologies to actual Frank fans.

It's great comics. I dunno if it's good Frank.

Disagree. Rucka may not like Frank's methods, but he's very sympathetic to Frank in the series.

Rucka, to his credit, attempted to showcase franks duality. That he believes what he does is both morally reprehensible and absolutely necessary. Some frankophiles don't agree with the characterization.

Thank you.
Rucka is a talentless hack this board has a boner for, just like Yost and any other mediocre writer Sup Forums dickrides.

>That he believes what he does is both morally reprehensible and absolutely necessary
You mean, exactly what Ennis did but done terribly?

The child is right. Frank is a Muhreen

Checchetto Frank is so hot.

Marines are niggers of the military.

Ennis too often descends into excess and exploitation to the point of parody. Frank comes off not as morally reprehensible and absolutely necessary but ineffectual and self-righteous very often. There's a reason why Punisher MAX discussion only focuses on about half of Ennis' run.

Everyone loves Big Boss.

Checchetto everyone is so hot. :)

The Rucka run brought a new Female Punisher to the 616, which wasn't just T&A. That's one of the high points, too bad that she hasn't been brought up since.

And Rucka puts zero effort into anything like a talentless hack he is. There is absolutely nothing memorable about his shitty run. OP's picture is a proof of that. When Aaron was going out of the way with his PunisherMAX to portray Frank as a selfish sociopath, Rucka was pussyfooting around like in OP's pic.

No, she was just a mind-numbingly boring character, which is par for the course for Rucka.

It seems like every time Rucka gets a male-led solo he has to shoe-horn in some female PoV character.

Dude, she guested in Edmondson's run. Picked Frank up in a truck and told him to shape up or something.

C'mon, dude. Rucka is a drama queen, but he's incredibly talented. I'm a hard righty, I find his politics beyond disgusting, but his work never fails to draw me in.

Well. Yes. That's Rucka. Like Morrison has to "subvert" everything (preferably with drugs), and Dixon has to have all the dudes be some version of the Punisher, and Straczynski has to write everything to death. Everybody's got their thing.

>but he's incredibly talented
He's anything but, unless you have low standards. I don't give a fuck about his politics. His comics are just a chore to read and that's why I hate him.

What the fuck is wrong with his mouth?

Was he eating paint?

I wanna get into Punisher, please help

Punisher MAX and Welcome Back Frank

I have never found that to be true. But if you do, that's a valid experience.

>but he's incredibly talented.
Retelling the same story over again doesn't take much talent.

Do you actually like reading superhero comics?

I'm not gonna call you wrong, dude, I just disagree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed the shit out of Punished Frank and Queen and Country. Haven't read much of his other stuff, but I didn't find much to object to.

Seriously. It felt like it took extra effort to read through 16 fucking issues.

Man, dunno what you were doing then, but I burned through them. Twice.

People praise it, but I only got through Gotham Central because of Brubaker's issues.
Now that I think of it, I wish Brubaker wrote Punisher. He's the kind of a crime pulp writer whose style would fit Frank well.

>Frank comes off not as morally reprehensible and absolutely necessary but ineffectual and self-righteous very often
But that's because Frank Punishing people IS ineffectual and ultimately is just Frank murdering people because he's miserable and when Frank kills people he feels better, using morality to rationalize the reprehensibility. What he does isn't necessary because in the end, it doesn't DO anything other then causing death - the cause of crime is entrenched in social and economic factors that exist far beyond the individual will, and murdering criminals en masse doesn't solve the underlying problems that cause crime at all.
The point is that it feels so fucking satisfying when the Punisher punishes people.

Punisher does good work, man.

I did enjoy that.