Who was in the right here?

Who was in the right here?

Todd was not wrong. In any way.

This was a really weaksauce thing for Todd to finally blow up about. Maybe that was supposed to be part of it, that this was just the last straw. I thought that diminished the scene's force, though.

Bojack at least tried to turn his life around, and has shown to be a good person when left to his own devices. A major problem of the character is that each time he gets help, it's half-assed and often not about what he would actually want, i.e. what he fired Carolyn over.

Todd on the other hand, has only bumbled from one person's goodwill to another, and only succeeds thanks to their fortune: Bojack's creative influence on the Rock Opera, being a big part of Mr. Peanutbutter's affairs while Mia had to go through years of study, Disneyland not being copyrighted, and Emily's ideas for the cab service. Almost all of what he does flopped thanks to his incompetence, but he bounces back because he can lean on others.

It's actually a decent foil, given the pair's behaviors, intelligence, actions, etc. etc. along with how people treat them. I'd like to see it addressed in Season 4.

remind me what he blew up about

Todds not wrong but he's such a weak character and frankly Bojack ruining his space opera was far worse.

If I recall correctly, Bojack slept with Todd's friend who he doesn't want to fuck

So two consenting adults had a regretful night, but it's ALL Bojack's fault? I know Bojack did a lot of shit before that Todd totally had the right to be mad about, but how is the sex Bojack's fault? In fact, what exactly is the problem with the sex?

Bojack, because asexuals are special snowflake attention seeking virgins. Bojack was literally just himself.

Todd's friend became uncomfortable around Bojack after that and since she and Todd set up their business in Bojack's living room she didn't want to stick around and sold out her part of the company.

So this problem occurred because Todd was leeching off of Bojack's apathy regarding what he does in Bojack's house (rent free). Man, that horse is such an asshole!

Except Bojack outright stated he keeps Todd around to abuse and not be alone, basically making Todd a paid companion like old ladies have. He also sabatoged Todd's attempt to get away from him.

At that point Todd can't be blamed for the situation.

Didn't he have millions of dollars to his name and could have done anything with it but he just gave it away to a waitress?

Well, that was by accident.

So what? Drunk drivers are still held accountable for their idiocy.

I cannot fucking believe Todd "coming out" as asexual was supposed to be some sort of climax for the S3 finale.

Todd can just walk away and go dumpster diving. Nobody is stopping him.
But oh wait, Bojack gives him a roof, food and chances to hang out with Hollywoo stars.

Yes, it's so very appropiate to tell THAT guy, who tries to get better, that he won't ever succeed.

Todd is a hypocrite and an enabler.
He's the worst character in the show, only because he's never SHOWN to be a hypocrite. Diane is the same but at least she's mocked and suffers for it.

Todd isn't really dependent on Bojack.

Even though Todd is asexual Bojack didn't know that and him sleeping with Emily just shows that he didn't consider Todd's feelings. When Bojack confessed he just tried to make excuses saying he was drunk. Todd just told him like it is, that he is at fault for all the shitty stuff he does and he should take responsibility and be better rather than falling back on the same old excuses. Although Todd has his own flaws he was right about Bojack and sometimes if you care about someone you need to be brutally honest with them.

Bojack doesn't really try to get better though. At the end of the day, he just wants people to feel sorry for him so he doesn't have to put forth the effort to actually GET better. This is alluded to in nearly every argument he has with the people who put up with him

It is the last straw. Quite frankly, Todd doesn't need some grand finale reason to walk out on Bojack, because he and everyone else has a dozen reasons per season to leave him on his ass. You're going to be judged based on your actions, and the fact of the matter is...Bojack's not a good person. Can he be? Yes. Has he been? Rarely.

why does someone always have to be in the right
no one is in the right

>BoJackshit Horseman

>Bojack doesn't really try to get better though. At the end of the day, he just wants people to feel sorry for him so he doesn't have to put forth the effort to actually GET better. This is alluded to in nearly every argument he has with the people who put up with him

Yes, and because the argument is made, it's true? We've also seen Bojack's horrendous childhood. He never had parental love.
The closest thing he ever got to a normal family was the damn stupid sitcom. At the same time he drank the "love" of the audience until he was full and completely self-confident. Then he gradually lost it all. The fact that his character was "THE HORSE" adds to that sad scenario. He wasn't anybody. Just that guy.

He's fundamentally broken. It's no surprise that he keeps sabotaging himself because he doesn't believe he deserves to be better in the first place.
So when that kind of person tries to get better, it really isn't THE BEST THING for you to tell them they're not doing it for real, or that they need to do it on their own. They clearly need help. If you don't care enough, you shouldn't get involved with them at all instead of pretending to be their "friends".

I figure they went with that just because most of the other LGBLT identities had already been done.

Todd would probably crash at Mr. Peanutbutter's place anyway and Mr. Peanutbutter would see it like a cross-over movie.

Didn't he have a girlfriend? We see it in the flashback in the rock opera episode

>my GIRLFRIEND left me

>putting a sexual minority in your story makes it better

>all sexual minorities should be categorized as a monolith for maximum ease of ensuring political conformity

I think he was just testing the waters back then. Guess we have a good guess as to why they broke up, now.

Who else thinks S2's climax was way better and character-defining than S3's?

if this was a problem from S1 then maybe it wouldnt had been a big deal.But he fucked his friend AND his play and he did it not thinking about him.And he KNOWS it was a mistake but he never attempts to change.
Todd just got tired of that shit.If bojack had fucked someone else over he would have had the same reaction.

There's a threshold to how much his friends can take. They're legitimately care about him, but if he's not willing to change his ways then they're only going to be hurting themselves by being with him.

S3's climax was kind of shit.

He's not wrong but the problem is we know Todd is a weak willed hypocrite for it.
Even when he's actually confrontational, he intentionally regresses into not thinking about how bland and dull he'd be outside a jester and a puppet for someone else.
He has no drive for love, entertainment, or happiness of his own enjoyment, and will possibly suffer til the end of his days for it.

Anyone's excited for DRUMPF in the next season? It's gonna be hella epic!!

Didn't the creator say he was going to make the show more "Political"?

Yes, it's a good time to drop it

Especially after S3 was mostly just spinning wheels.