*makes another kino*

*makes another kino*

Will his Dune be as good as his BR?

*has actually only made one*

He's a great director and we're lucky to have him in Hollywood. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
after BR flop I'm expecting news of it being cancelled any day

>after BR flop I'm expecting news of it being cancelled any day
I would certainly expect it to have a much lower budget, which is a shame because of just how much money a good Dune movie would need, but I wouldn't expect a cancellation. I mean I'm pretty sure that they weren't expecting the new BR to make over 300m in total when they were giving him all that money, they'll probably hope to make back their losses with dvd/bluray sales and shit.

Is his older frog shit worth watching?

I've seen Incendies and I absolutely loved it that guttural, animalistic gasp at the revelation still impresses me, but that's his only French film I've seen.

Sicario, Enemy, Prisoners, Arrival and 2049 have all been great.

how does he do it, the absolute madman

*WOMEN CANT UNDERSTAND AND THEREFORE HATE IT*

Polytechnique is a decent portrayal of that school shooter, like all Villeneuve films it objectively shows both sides of the conflict. And the shooting scenes are pretty raw and brutal.
A decent watch

I don't know about Arrival though. It was pretty dumb, "love is 5th dimension" dumb.

What was dumb about it?

I must be a sucker for that shit because I loved Interstellar too.

I'll check it out, any suggestions on the others?

Are you being serious?

>"love is 5th dimension" dumb.
No, you are talking about Interstellar.

Yes I'm seriously asking you to say what did you think was "dumb" in the film

Main thesis of the film - how does language shape our perception of the world - is stupid. I know 3 languages and shit still looks and smells like shit.

Over the top schmaltz. Even setting aside the god awful romance between the two leads, the fact that the hardass chink general is immediately softened by the last words of his wife like something straight out of a lifetime movie. The scifi is fine. It's all the human shit that kills the film.

Also, I'm not the guy you're replying to, just my take

It's not the fact that she learns a language, she gains perspective on an entirely different way of non linear thinking by interacting with the ayylmaos. It's not the same as you learning German/French/Italian which all basically work the same way.

How could you possibly know what kino is when all you watch is pleb approved imdb fodder?
>b-but I watch both
The hallmark of the pleb that has never had a genuine cinematic experience

>learning the alien language and immediately gaining the power to see into the future makes sense.

How is 6 months of learning and interacting "immediately"?

I've just realised that Arrival is the kino based on Stranger in a Strange Land we deserve.

She was immediately fluent in time language once she realized how it worked. Yes, I know that sounds like all languages, but she literally goes from recognizing a handful of symbols to seeing the flow of time instantaneously

His son is a big guy.

Arrival was shit. He redeemed himself with Blade Runner.

It wasn't dumb, but it was incredibly predictable. Anybody who didn't see the twist coming for at least 45 minutes before it happened is a brainlet.

Don't talk to me or my mom's husband ever again

>his

>no, it's okay honey, stay over there and keep doing the scene till it's perfect
>I'm sure our son and I can find something to do together

His daughter though

>SON LOOKS LIKE THE MOTHER
>DAUGHTER LOOKS LIKE THE FATHER

QUE VOULAIT-IL DIRE PAR CA?

How bad is the BR flop?

I know everyone only talks about the hollywood jews wanting only money but wouldn't it be realisticly be good for them to have someone like denis as a token kino good goy?

"See? We do support kino and not only capeshit!"

As long as he breaks even with his movies and some more via dvd/blue ray and wins them a shit ton of awards and award nominations all should be fine, right? right?

It really hasnt flopped, $150mil budget and its made $250mil at box office, at worse its broken even

This was a passion project for the producers too. They'll use this flop to enslave him during the Dune production (and its inevitable sequels that'll never actually get made).

goose

Is Dune happening?
Who's gonna be in it?

No she didn't, she constantly throughout the entire film got multiple flashes of memories or feelings she didn't quite understand

if louise can see the future why didnt she just find the cure to cancer and save her daughter?

Isn't that the question posited at the end?

>why didnt she just find the cure to cancer
Because its that easy? Just cure cancer right?

Not that guy
but the whole learning a language rewires your thinking is dumb enough as it is without adding time shananigans to it.

I still liked the movie but the premise/resolution is pretty dumb.

The production hasn't even started yet.

well im pretty sure being able to see in the future when cancer has actually been cured would help