General Greivous: "I am sending you all to Mustafar. It is a volcanic planet. You will be safe there...

General Greivous: "I am sending you all to Mustafar. It is a volcanic planet. You will be safe there." WHAT THE FUCK WAS LUCAS THINKING?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk&t=102
youtube.com/watch?v=j3IJQXwah0E
youtube.com/watch?v=2tLf1JO5bvE
youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8&t=715
youtube.com/watch?v=07JnYFxRVTo&t=15
youtube.com/watch?v=iJDMlBJartI&t=135
youtube.com/watch?v=Li0vFxbo3sY&t=196
youtube.com/watch?v=PW4OIHDsWsM&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Where are my pants?"

>durrrrrrrrr they fighty on lava
that's what he was thinking

>Grievous, Nute Gunray took my underwear. I'll pay you 50 republican credits for yours.

Why couldn't he just use a normal planet with a big volcano nearby? Mustafar was just too far fetched for me.

Because most scifi universes make the mistake of having planets only have a single biome every time

how does a volcanic lava planet have breathable air

The melted rocks have oxygen in them

>Go to Mustafar they said
>It will be a safe place they said

Mustafar is moon.....................................

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Lucas needed to kill off a large number of characters and end the galactic sized war quickly.

WRONG

>AAAAAUUURRRGGHHH! THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PLACE FOR A CASTLE!

WITH MY FEED IN THE AIR THE HEAD ON THE GROUND

we hadn't seen a volcanic environment in star wars prior to mustafar. Lucas has always been careful at bringing new original environments in every chapter he produced. Im not judging if it was good or bad, but if you think about it you will realize that every single planet brings a different environment in both prequels and OT. And it's by design not chance.

Well, Grievous was right. The separatist leaders were safe on Mustafar. The Republic army never found them.

It wasn't until the Emperor betrayed them and sent Vader to assassinate them that anything happened to them.

maybe nobody was going to try and look for separatist leaders on a backwards industrial lava planet?

Seems like a good enough place to hide, they only got killed because Sidious gave Anakin their explicit location AND the orders to terminate, something which would have happened regardless of the copious amount of lava.

I'm like 90% sure that Sheev built him a castle there just to troll him and encourage him to be more evil.

nah, he pisses him off enough by sending him a birthday card for his wife every year

His castle is on Mustafar because his windows and shit literally look out onto the volcanic plains where his old life was painfully destroyed forever.
He gets a sweet power-boost from his hatred/ dark side etc etc and having a castle on Mustafar helps with this.

The banking clan will sign your treaty

>power boost from hatred
Really should have been Tattooine

kek

The Techno Union Army EEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAA is at your disposal, Count

why does a banking clan have an army?

ask israel

Many Bothans died
to bring us this information.

This, sith are big on being super hard on yourself.

There was this episode II game for the GBA that I have vivid memories of playing through. I'm pretty sure the end has you killing both this dude and Count Dooku.

some of you alien jews are alright
don't go to mustafar tomorrow

>It is a volcanic planet. You will be safe there

It's such a bizarre line. How about "it's a remote planet"? Or "it's a volcanic planet, the Republic would never think you were hiding there"?

Hard to sneak into or attack a place when it's surrounded for hundreds of miles by lava fields. At any rate it's not like the Separatists fell in the lava.

the fact that Lucas can't write dialog to save his life was already obvious, no real need to point it out

There is literally a thousand ways to word that phrase to make it sound believable, but George couldn't think of one of them.

Not that hard when everyone and their fucking mom has personal space ships

This, Han Solo won the fastest ship in the galaxy in a fucking poker game. Spaceships are basically cars, any asshole can get one.

>tatooine: desert planet
>moon of endor: forest planet
>hoth: ice planet
>FUCKING WHAT

ANGRY prequel apologists will contest this
>Daisy Ridley is a bad actress
youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk&t=102
youtube.com/watch?v=j3IJQXwah0E
youtube.com/watch?v=2tLf1JO5bvE
>Rey is a Mary Sue, how did she pull the jedi mind trick with no force training whatsoever?
youtube.com/watch?v=2WBG2rJZGW8&t=715
>Rey is a Mary Sue, she shouldn't have won if she hasn't had any lightsaber training
youtube.com/watch?v=07JnYFxRVTo&t=15
youtube.com/watch?v=iJDMlBJartI&t=135
Also
youtube.com/watch?v=Li0vFxbo3sY&t=196

star wars always having bad actors doesnt negate her being a bad actress

considering the fact that the disney owned mcu has better female actresses to lead their movies, star wars shouldve been given just as much thought

>AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH GIVE MY LIGHTSABER TO MY SON WHEN HE'S OLD ENOUGH!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=PW4OIHDsWsM&t=1s

??????????????

Falcon isn't the fastest. Parsecs aren't a measure of speed.

The line is fucking retarded and delivered awfully.

I guess the idea he was trying to get across is "It's such a remote/uninhabitable planet that they wouldn't think to look there, oh and it's volcanic", but Lucas wrote shit dialogue and it was delivered awfully.

A competent director or writer wouldn't have done this

The Falcon made the Kessel Run in a shorter distance than anyone because Han moved the ship closer to the black holes than anyone would have ever dared to, because his ship's engine had so much power it could escape their gravitational pull. The Falcon is really fucking fast.

It's kind of funny that even the worst Star Wars EU writers are still better writers than Lucas himself. I'd rather watch a prequel series written by Karen "Mandalorian Fetish" Travis than Lucas.

Because you only own what you can defend

I fucking love how this dude moves like a Warcraft 3 character portrait. It's like they put Tassadar in the film.

You know even though as EU content it all adds up, I somehow don't think George spent any time writing it like that.

>star wars always having bad actors
Worse* actors. Important, because...
>doesnt negate her being a bad actress
...you can't use it as an argument that TFA

underrated comment

Who would look for you on a volcano planet?

You could literally say Han is talking out of his ass, he's trying to build himself up and his ship, shittalking to an old man and some naive kid. Like a typical shitposter, he has no idea what the terms he's saying actually mean, so he confuses parsecs for speed. Instead we get autism like

Kek'd

Syndrome

There are also a load of other gasses dissolved in the rock that would make the low lying air poisonous

Right, that was the point originally. Han Solo was a full of shit scumbag who pretended to have the best ship in the galaxy to make a cash deal, while pretending he wasn't on the run from murderous hitmen due to fucking up a criminal enterprise. But nope, he's a straight shooter the whole time and he actually was the best pilot in the galaxy just hanging out being persecuted in the desert...

>"George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it! "

the original movies didn';t have bad actors, they had to work through lucas' writing. You gonna say Mark Hamill (the VA for the joker of all things), Harrison Forde, Alec Guiness, James Earl Jones and Carrie Fischer are bad actors? The Worse there might be Fischer and Ford and they're still miles above anyone in TFA

Well he does successfully outrun the entire Imperial Fleet in the middle of an asteroid field. Maybe he's over-rating his ship, but the Millennium Falcon is clearly pretty fast.

"I'll never forget his last words to me...

>"AAAAAUUURRRGGHHH! YOU'RE A GOOD FRIEND, OBI-WAN!"

The Falcon was supposed to be the spaceship version of a bootlegger car. Unassuming on the outside but customised for speed and storage.

Sure, Han's got a mysterious set of talents, just like everyone in the series. His scumbaggery is an ingredient in the main theme that things are not what they seem, and that 'luminous beings are we, not this fleshy matter'. That being said there's no way Lucas was trying to fit in an EU extrapolation into the story to explain why an insecure jackass didn't know the difference in measurements between time and space.

AAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH MAKE SURE TO MISLEAD MY SON ABOUT MY FATE SO I CAN DO A KICKASS REVEAL TO HIM AFTER BEATING HIS ASS IN COMBAT OBI WAAAAAN

It's old concept art done by McQuarrie they recycled, like half the new stuff in Disney's SW

After they took off in ANH there was a SD right on his ass, the fact that he was home free as soon as he got into hyperspace means it has a really good hyperdrive.

Have you heard of a planet called Mercury?