"In a comic you know how you can tell who the arch villain is going to be...

> "In a comic you know how you can tell who the arch villain is going to be?! He's the exact opposite of the hero! And sometimes they're friends like you and me!"

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Eddie Murphy

I wish. Nowadays the villain is exactly like the hero but evil.

Example?

>"The broken are the more evolved."

Hillary and Trump.

Killary is nothing like Trump

He was right

"I'I just going to rest here a little while with my friend."

Fuh. Gets me every time.

So..he lost an eye, right?

Nice bait, black manta. Aquaman isn't falling for this one

>He's the exact opposite of the hero!
Man fuck you Mr Glass, you're supposed to be a fucking comic book fan and all you read is capeshit and typecast villains. Your movie is a two hour constipation climaxed with a wet fart and your "hero" has somehow less character than Man of Murder..

nope

Unbreakable is a better realistic superhero movie than The Dark Knight, and a better take on "Superman in the real world" than MoS.

What I really like about Mister Glass is that his motive is something other than taking over or destroying the world, something more personal.

unbreakable is not a good movie

t. Mr. Hipster

excellent retort

> realistic superhero movie than The Dark Knight

NolanBats isn't realistic, it just toned down elements to fit Nolan's specific universe, just like any Elseworlds. It still had ninjas with microwave machines and crazy clown men and Two-Face.

found the newfag

I know it's plebeian but I appreciated that Deadpool did a good job of showing this without getting in anyone's face about it.
Deadpool has to suffer and is more human and more of a hero for it, Ajax doesn't feel pain so he doesn't give a shit about anybody else's.

The beast/mr. Glass team up when?

Unbreakable is one of the few films I can watch repeatedly. It would have been nice to see the planned sequels at least make an appearance as comics. Pity.

But user they slowly are.

M night Shyamalan has stated he wants to create his own grimdark suspense hero series. Hell Dunn, Bruce Willis character from Unbreakable, makes a cameo appearance at the end of Split and even states that they are in a shared universe.

WHAT

They namedrop Mr Glass too.
M Night will technically have the longest running cinematic universe

split is part of the universe

Villains often walk with a limp and/or showcase varying degrees of mental disorder. This is why people always like them despite their behavior. They're not the chosen one or destined for greatness, they worked for what they got and the universe punished them for it.

But it isn't a bad one. It's just sort of neat.

This is fucking hilarious... is it bad that I'm not hating this? I kind of like it.

There's contrary and dark mirror: eg Luthor and Zod. Those are the common ones, but there are more.

Second longest if you still count the Universal Monsters.

It's not that it's a series.

M. Night envisions it as a trilogy, and that Unbreakable 2 will be the final movie.

i always thought Mr. Glass transitioning into Hannibal role for Poncho-man from inside the prison could be cool

Nigga we ain't friends. I don't know you !

And your legs are fucked up, how did you get on my couch?

holy fucking shit

Calling Hillary evil is a bit strong, don't you think.

That actually sounds pretty neat. Is the actual movie good?

Agree, it reminds me to Kang vs Kodos.
Well Benghazi takes a lot of points from her if you ask me.

Strong?
She destroyed Syria. Fuck you.

No.

I don't like Trump at all, but she's a genuinely awful human being. You don't even have to believe in the conspiracy theories to know it.

all memes aside she's destroyed entire countries for personal profit

She is completely amoral, is driven by her desire for more money and power, and does not care how many millions of lives she destroys by her actions.

Evil may not be the correct word to describe her; rotten and scum would be closer to the truth.

>What I really like about Mister Glass is that his motive is something other than taking over or destroying the world, something more personal.
And yet everyone hates BvS's Lex for the exact same reasons. His Prometheus speech and what he tells Supes on the top of the tower make it obvious that by his world view, his superior intellect and power mean that he should be an ideal to strive for. But then you have this alien coming here, trying to become a model for all, and who pretends to be absolutely good and being praised for it.

Lex's whole point is about taking him down a few notches. But no, it's just "I'M CURAZY" right?

(They did go too far with the mad angle, and BvS is not a good movie, but it's not as bad as most people make it out to be)

Because it wasn't well done.
And Mr. Glass' motivation was more "I've been disrespected my whole fucking life even by my fucking genes themselves, the one bright spot is comic books which also get disrespected. Fuck everything, I'm making comic books happen."

I mean, for what it is. Its like that episode of star trek where data becomes a whole civilization.....except he wants to kill little girls.

I liked Mr. Glass because the movie managed to hit this perfect note of dream surrealism for me, where we see this tired mundane man realize he truly IS superpowered, and then finds out that this other dude orchestrated it, and that much little evidence of the unreal being real was enough to turn psychosis into its own kind of power.

It was weird and scary with how grounded the film was about everything else, giving Glass' revelation some genuine menace. Glass is crazy, but he's RIGHT CRAZY, and when matched with Willis it paints a great still image of seeing this eager genuis lunatic create a comic book of his life, and there's nothing he can do to stop it, because all the pieces really are there.

Unbreakable was better than the 6th sense

I think most people hate Lex because of the actor and his direction honestly.

There's the Reverse and there's the Dark Mirror

What if Mr. Glass was the one with the superpower all along and Willis survived the accident by pure chance, his unconcious reality manipulation manifested itself and made Willis the Unbreakable Man when he successfully rules lawyered the pieces to fit.
>well I almost drowned once
>uhh you're weak to water
>o fug it's true

Now THAT would be the ultimate tweest if it's revealed in the sequel.

The movie also deals with the idea of whether there is fate involved.
Mr. Glass expresses interest in the notion that superhumans are just magnified human ability (which David and Kevin fit along with), but that's disregarding other aspects of the mythology.
Including why David had a sense of extrasensory perception, and why everything coheres to that mold.

It was fate.

>Because it wasn't well done
Yes, it most certainly was.

I think part of the issue isn't so much Lex's motivations in that movie as much as how his character is handled. Like when I think Lex Luthor I think a suave calm taciturn business man who loses his shit when dealing with Superman a guy who quietly watches and makes careful moves, BvS Lex however is more wild and has was too much energy he doesn't feel like a taciturn business man he feels like a joker expy

And?
Got anything besides "not muh"?

Spoilers niggas

Now it makes sense why Kevin being able to alter his physiology based on which of his minds is dominant is a thing and how the Beast can nosell shotgun blasts

I look forward to hairy buff Macavoy and old ass Bruce Willis slugging it out in the sequel

>Bruce Willis plays David Dunn, a former college football hero in a faltering marriage (to Robin Wright Penn as a physical therapist) and the loving father of a fantasy-prone son (Spencer Treat Clark) who wants his lumpen-prole dad to be heroic. Dunn is sought out by Elijah, a black, queer, lonely comic book collector and art dealer (Samuel L. Jackson) who was born with a skeletal deformity that makes his bones easily breakable. Elijah's spiritually decrepit, too (having been the object of grade school bullies). In their encounters, Elijah inquires about Dunn's remarkable physical health and medical history, encouraging Dunn to accept all aspects of his indomitability. Envy? Love? Or just a desire to form a Batman-and-Robin symbiosis? Dunn and Elijah act out comic book aggressions in their own lives: Dunn a defender of the weak and Elijah, it turns out, his nemesis. Finally introducing himself as the incarnation of evil?a serial killer/terrorist despite his infirmity?Elijah has been dispatching hundreds of innocent people in large-scale, catastrophic train wrecks and bombings. Elijah's essential motivation is: "Stop me before I kill again." Not before he gets rid of the boob(s) who hatched this insupportable story.

>Racial stereotypes as on view in Unbreakable wouldn't be as pernicious if we?an audience unified by the hunger for fantasy-satisfaction?weren't so susceptible to believing them. It's not the "little bit of truth" (or lie) that makes stereotypes disturbing, but the way they seem to justify contempt and discourage compassion. When a movie this dangerous becomes a hit (grossing $47 million its first weekend)?largely as a result of the media's cooperation and confirmation?it can no longer be denied that the subtle promotion of racism is a large, unacknowledged part of American popular mythmaking. And you can bet, with dread certainty, that it will never stop.

Lex Luthor was too realistic a character for audiences. No one wanted to believe that a petulant, irrational billionaire with Russian connections could actually win.

I am just giving my theory on the matter "not muh" can be a pretty big problem for a lot of fans.

I don't get your implication. Can you re-word that so the subtlety of the language is no longer lost on me?

Lex Luthor is a metaphor for Hillary Clinton. No wait

God this movie was actually pretty decent until the last 5 minutes. Fuck.

>there's people on Sup Forums who think Unbreakable is a bad movie and a bad hero story
The thought makes me feel kinda sad.

They think BvS is a good movie, are you really that surprised?

What if I like both BvS and Unbreakable?

>And yet everyone hates BvS's Lex for the exact same reasons. His Prometheus speech and what he tells Supes on the top of the tower make it obvious that by his world view, his superior intellect and power mean that he should be an ideal to strive for. But then you have this alien coming here, trying to become a model for all, and who pretends to be absolutely good and being praised for it.
Except this is the ACTUAL Lex's motivation in comics. In the movie it's because his daddy beat him and God didn't come or some shit. Pure garbage.
This is a garbage argument. Lex is a pretty great character that fits well into the grimdark DC universe, instead they made him some autistic sperg.

>Like how magnet powers are the exact opposite of telepathy!
>or goblins and octopuses are the opposite of spiders!

Then you've got terrible taste.

It's been rebooted multiple times so it doesn't count

>Pure garbage.
'no'

>an overacting edgy autist with daddy issues
Yep.

He did, but the pit healed him.

No?
His pathology is his motivation for hating Supes.
It's an interesting take on the mythos.
The helipad scene is spectacular.

And that's different from Trump how?
He wants to be Butt-buddies with "We're not Commies we swear" Russia and is willing to destroy the world if it earns him a quick buck and few more tweets.

I know we're all busy talking about BvS or whatever but I just wanted to say that I'm super happy that unbreakable is being talked about at all on this board, its one of my favourite superhero films and it completely wrecks me on an emotional level.

>Calling Hillary evil is a bit strong, don't you think.
The truth its often harsh to swallow.

>And that's different from Trump how?
In no way, they are both shit progressives. But Hillary has acted in more evil ways than Trump, involvement in wars, false charities and a lot of other shits, not to mention her fucking e-mails, she should be in jail for fucks sake, if the us was still a nation of laws. Im sure Trump fucked the same underage girls that Bill fucked, but so far, he is less evil than her.

What'd you think of Split?
While as over the top as Unbreakable was relatively lowkey...it did abide itself in a nice way.

If it's between an straight-up honest bastard and slimy cunt who lies through their teeth that they're a nice person who cares about you while fucking you over behind your back and then denying it, I'll take the one who's at least up-front about what they're doing.

It's really is like the difference between the Beast and the Smiler from Transmetropolitan.

Unbreakable had the most horrific final boss in all of comic movies. The janitor who invaded that home, murdered the father, locked up the kids, and brutalized the mother. This wasn't a corporate exec that wanted power or a galactic entity that wants to rule the universe or a genocidal robot. This was a flesh-and-blood human being who chose to become a monster. A guy that we'd read in the news.

And unlike the other comic villains, he hides his depravity with his civilian identity. He mingles with people everyday in that train station yet they're all blissfully unaware of how evil this guy is. The Man in Orange exists in the real world and that's why David Dunn's fight against him was epic. Not because Dunn had enhanced durability, but his sense of protecting people (being a security guard) compelled him to seek out this evil and expose it to the world. Not many men have the courage and conviction to do that everyday in their lives as a compelling fulfillment.

>He wants to be Butt-buddies with "We're not Commies we swear" Russia

How do you faggots forget muh russian reset

and this shit

>nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

uneducated biased dumbfucks

Jesus fucking christ the misinformation in this post

phoneposter please

You're disconnected from objective reality.

>Black Goku literally looks better because of unshaded hair, tan skin and smug

>Dunn is sought out by Elijah, a black, queer
>queer

Did I miss something?

They're not? Goddamn, I've been taking care of this octopus for nothing.

queer also means weird

or at least it used to

Great explanation.
>objective reality
Oh thanks for discrediting yourself. Fags that use that phrase are as bad as "Muh Feelings" Post-Modernist.

If the greentext isn't basing that line on some bullshit coding of Glass as a cape Langston Hughes, it's probably just your typical "[x] is gay/in love with [y]" assessment.

Underrated post

She should divorce Bill and marry Soros. They're in the same profession...

I've actually been quite sick recently and unable to leave the house, it seems like i might have to miss split for now

I do know about most of its story though, im down with it but i heard that the execution of some of it's themes are a but off. Honestly im just excited seeing unbreakable get continued in someway.

It's definitely riding a more camp groove than Unbreakable.
The themes were done well enough.

I love how it ties back to Unbreakable in several ways, most notably through this comic.

The fuck did race have to do with Unbreakable?

Don't waste your time, he's decided what he believes and no appeal to facts, reality, or even his own self-interest will budge him.