Justice League 014 storytime

Looks like no one has done this yet, So here goes.

Hitch's JL will out live us all.

Am I the only person that hates Hitch's art? It looks like shit and he doesn't even try to hide his tracing.

Hitch used to be better than that. I don't know if he got in an accident or has gotten terminally lazy or what.

Example? I only know his DC stuff since the pre-Rebirth JLA, which had John Travolta as the villain and Grant Gustin as Flash

I actually quite liked this issue, it was a nice solid character/team building one. My favorite Hitch JL issue so far.

Thanks for sharing!

Finally dropped this book like a stone. If it starts to get good I'll be mad

>hey, a superweapon that can counter Leaguers as an opposing force
>let's beat it off-screen
I know we needed a character-based issue but jeez

I know the whole point of the Justice League is to have them fight planetary threats that none of the members would be able to handle by themselves, but this run seems like it's having them happen way to often and way to quickly.

It may sound weird but I feel like this is a book that could actually benefit from some decompression.

not that bad of a issue, I wouldn't worry if you dropped it like said, Hitch will likely fuckup eventually again

Looks like Superbro still casts a big shadow.

We Tower of Babel

lol

JLA? Which Superman is this again?

Superman almost powerless how long have they been down there since when does superman have to be in constant contact with the sun. I know its a while ago but when Final Night happened it took days for him to become powerless

This wasn't too painful, but I think it's about time to let go of Superbro outside Superman titles

Is this any good yet

>And so entire american coastline has been irradiated beyond human living conditions due to the fallout radiation
Join us and the justice league next time in the next issue when we reveal a reliable method of finding out if your water has become toxic !

How long Superman was down there? He's able to have powers for a while when he's not under the sun...

Got... He just took a GL emblem and put it over Jessica's eye... This is terrible

This issue was better than expected

Thanks for the storytime

I don't see why this issue needed a WORLD ENDING DOOM threat. Would have been better just to have them arguing it out in the watchtower conference room.

Some writers don't differentiate between the loss of yellow sunlight which means he will be powerless with time and exposure to red sunlight which removes his powers all together.

I call them hacks.

I hate this ship.

>It's an episode where everyone sits in a drab rocky cave and talks all issue before beating the bad guys off-screen.
>The talking isn't even interesting, just venting insecurities before the lame pep talk snaps them out of it.

Fuckin' Brilliant 10/10.

Why are people saying they like this? How bad was it before that you'll find this boring shit acceptable?

OUR Superman, the first and uncanny

>Yay they destroyed the super mining laser with all the cities on it!
>Now those people have nowhere to go and can't produce enough energy to sustain their society!
>Yay Justice League!

>Well everyone except you, Barry, really. You died a few years in and got replaced by your way better nephew.

>My name is Wally Allen

The dialogue is absolutely awful, dude. Hitch has absolutely no grasp on the voices of any of the characters.

I liked it.

I'm honestly enjoying this run more than Johns run and this issue is good.

KEK

>Clark giving absolutely zero fucks about preserving Bruce's keikaku
Feels El, man.

The art for this Justice League run has got to be the worst art in any DC book right now.

Hurray for Genocide!

But you are a different man.

Wasn't Cyborg and Wonder Woman aware that Batman had counter-measures against them? That's how Trinity War happened. Wonder Woman even went beserk when she learned Batman lost something that could hurt Superbro.

Then you've Endgame where Batman took out the JL with his super-armor.

great story arc, love it when they can finish it up all in one issue. Next time lets see if we can get it down to just one page, we'll leave out the dialogue and you can just stare at the cover.

Yes, you are not Superbro..
But this is one of the few times that they talk about you as different man..

Everyone in the JL is aware of Batman's preparations against them. He beat them all up in Endgame and, as you said, brought them up in Trinity War/Forever Evil.

Wonder Woman is distinctly aware he has access to a magic anti-lasso that puts her in a fucking coma.

Let's let the giant world-destroying machine shoot a laser on a city, killing millions of civilians while we sit around having group therapy in a cave somewhere

What a fucking justice league

So why are they so shocked about it in this issue?

The other weird thing is that pre-nu52 Superman gave pre-nu52 Batman the kryptonite ring. He was onboard with the whole thing from the start.

It was good, but this line up still rubs me the wrong way.

No matter how much they are pushed, I just can't bring myself to like Cyborg or the Green Lanterns.

Where is Manhunter these days?

Huh... I didn't like this issue, but I think that ending almost redeems it. I thought for sure it was going to be continued, but nope, standalone issue about the team learning to trust each other and work together. Kind of nice.

>Also John can destroy planets, that might be why you're feeling inadequate. We could really use him.

Simon Baz might have the worst costume I have ever fucking seen

Who the hell cares about those solar system killing mass murders. They got what they deserved.

If this was Marvel the Civilans would probably be rioting for some reason instead of going "YAY JUSTICE LEAGUE!!!!"

This is possibly the first issue of Hitch's Justice League I actually enjoyed.

Post-Crisis/John Byrne Man of Steel Superman.