Is Marvel losing sight of what made Kamala compelling to begin with?

>shoved in Civil War II, ruins her monthly
>shoved in Inhumans vs. X-Men, might do the same
>shoved in Avengers, quits to become a mouthpiece
>shoved in an upcoming Inhumans team

>pic related, basically mfw marvel goes and shits the bed with the only new hit they had in a while

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/why-trumps-immigration-rules-are-unconstitutional-214722
snopes.com/president-obama-ban-muslims-2011/
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-114s2458is/html/BILLS-114s2458is.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's more that they never really understood her appeal or success from the start. Now they're going to whore her out like Wolverine because their attempts to replicate her have failed and they don't have anyone else they can promote.

>Is Marvel losing sight
Yes

>REMOVE.

>like Wolverine
But that's wat they are doing with Laura already. she's wolverine with boobs now, because fuck new characters.

Kamala was born in America to legal immigrants

This doesn't make sense

I'm talking about the forcing into every book thing not the Wolverine mantle itself.

You're missing the forest for the trees, much like Marvel has.

The difference is that Laura is barely in any other comic, as a matter of fact, I think she's nowhere besides her own solo.

>This doesn't make sense
Of course it doesn't. It's from tumblr.

>Losing
They already lost it

Lefties treat "immigrant" as a monolith because they don't want to address illegal immigration.

Not to turn this into a political discussion but legal immigrants with green cards are getting fucked up too right now even if that's not the intent. What you should have pointed out is that it wouldn't affect her because it's not her family's country. But I'm guessing you did what to derail this into a political discussion anyway and I shouldn't give you the (You). Alas.

She's currently in "The Totally Awesome Chulk and Girlverine meets Silk, with a special guest appearance from Ghost Rider" aka Ghost Rider's new run, which he's barely even in..

You're implying the editors ever understood why she didn't immediately tank.

These are the people who misunderstand the appeal of Spider-Man so thoroughly that they would rather have him sell his daughter to Satan than get a divorce.

it was literally just a platform for them to run on. Both sides have fought illegal immigration in the past.

And Champions. Don't forget Champions.

I think you never had sight of what made her compelling

>Its impossible to give a shit about situations that don't affect you, even when they affect people like you.

Marvel's biggest problem is that the higher-ups frown on non-token variety and meaningful change.

Most of their books read as one of five templates in three settings (sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary fiction with elements of the former two situated in New York or some close approximation). Characters are defined by role rather than traits. Books can only take place in the past if they are directly linked to a big-deal-character and only take place in the future if it's sci-fi as fuck or relates to an event comic. Arcs aren't actually arcs because stories can't have endings unless they're stealth minis. Narrative edict overtakes development and nuance, leading to Orwellian bullshit where characters and narrators say things that make no sense and don't function on internal consistency.

Do you actually expect marlel to be competent in the comics business?

In this case it really doesn't work. It's fucking insulting to see people crying and rolling on the floor for strangers.

Not just like you, there is a strong possibility that this affects people Kamala knows, even if she herself is lucky enough to be safe.

>Empathy is a bad thing

Now I'm not saying be blindly empathetic, far from it, but attitudes like yours perpetuate negativity and tensions mate.

"why should I care about strangers?"

Because one day the person getting shat upon might be you, and you'd sure as hell hope that strangers give a shit about you.

Imagine being so edgy that the very notion of caring about other people gets you mad.

>government policy should be feels before reals

You don't need to be personally effected by something to feel compassion for others that are.

Wowie, the same reposted shit thread! Fuck off, report and hide.

The ban on immigration should not be the hill you die on, user. Apart from being horribly unconstitutional, it is a stupidly ineffective stopgap and was carried out incredibly incompetently.

Thank god my state is suing the fuckers who allowed it to happen

Government policy should be to ban people from Saudi Arabia if you're going to do it to protect people and prevent shit like 9/11 happening again.

But of course that will never happen because money talks and the Saudis are fucking rich. Not to mention Trump's business interests there.

Fuck the whole "hurr he'll drain the swamp, he cares about the little guy!" bollocks. Look how he lets money influence policy

Get your head out of your arse and recognise that the so called "muslim ban" is nothing more than a populist move that makes it seem like he's doing something so his adoring fan can clap their hands and say with shit eating grins that he's both fufulling his election promise "to ban Muslims from the US until we can figure out what is going on" and at the same time "hurr its not a Muslim ban because there are other countries with Muslims in.

Caring about your fellow man is not a weakness, and while it shouldn't drive policy, it should inform it.

Interesting fact: people who cannot into empathy generally lead shitty lives as a result of poor life choices.

I bring this up because it ties back to your concept of "Because one day the person getting shat upon might be you".

You see, your brain doesn't actually think of you in the future as being "you". When you think about yourself a part of your brain lights up. When you think about people you know, another part of your brain lights up. When you think of other people you don't know personally, yet another part of your brain lights up.

Most people think of themselves in the future as being a separate person they don't know with no connection to themselves. Logically, they know this isn't true. But that's not how your brain is wired.

This is why major lifestyle changes like getting in shape are so difficult. As far as your brain is concerned, you are doing a whole hell of a lot of work to benefit some asshole you don't even know or care about, when what YOU care about is eating a cookie instead of celery.

Likewise, people with shitty empathy skills generally screw themselves over in the long term because they emotionally don't care as much about what happens to hypothetical future them.

Food for thought.

Would this affect Bruno?

Is it really though? I'm not saying it's smart or whatever but are bans on nations even if the underlying implications are a ban on muslims really unconstitutional especially since it obviously fails ban a majority of Muslims.
It's affecting Kamala and he's a supporting character of her life so yeah.

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/why-trumps-immigration-rules-are-unconstitutional-214722

Most normies dont have empathy.

They're rioting for attention.

>Rioting

Most aren't

>Only doing it for attention

Or, perhaps they actually care?

It's funny how many of those who lack the empathy that others do can't just own that fact and have to put down those who do with terms like "virtue signalling".

There is a whole giant gulf of distance between empathy and virtue signaling.

>but legal immigrants with green cards are getting fucked up too
Being held up in an airport for four hours while TSA was updating their protocols is not exactly "being fucked up".
It was a mild inconvenience at best.
And it stopped being an issue after day 1

Agreed, but labelling empathy as virtue signalling seems to be a favourite response of those who can't comprehend why someone would give a shit about someone else and/or to assuage their guilt for not possessing the same amount of empathy.

Do you think Kamala cried when Obama did the same thing for 8 months?

>Someone actually critiques the writing and practices
>Ignored in favor of bitching about social politics

Every
Single
Thread

This thread just keeps on giving.

If he is in the country legally, no
If he was traveling from another country back into the US for some reason he might be forced to wait in the airport for a few hours.
It's really not that big of a deal

All the donations and phone calls and shit show that people are actually being active in a civic sense. At that point it's just for show it has the same effect as if they actually care regardless.

>Or, perhaps they actually care
If they'd care about tolerance and shit, they wouldn't destroy people's properties. Using the tag to excuse violence is something every dictatorship does. you know, the whole DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC of CHINA scam. Or "Nazi". You know what Nazi stands for right?

I'm pretty sure that pic is drawn to shitpost with and give a terrible idea what kind of character Kamala is.

>being handcuffed in a locked room for 9 hours without food or water is a mild inconvenience

I know, right? Like I know Sup Forums is raiding all the time, but why do some people want to feed the trolls? Just ignore them, faggots!

Except he didn't. He increased checks on people coming from Iraq in response to a foiled terror plot.

He didn't ban them from entering the country, just increased checks.

Nice use whataboutism though. I love that the right are now using Soviet techniques

The ones who are getting mainly fucked are the H1B visas owner, which is one hell of a can of worm that is abused like hell by the Silicon Valley companies to get subsidies and governmental support for recruiting foreign aid over the ones already present solely to save money in the short term. Verizon in peculiar is renowned for abusing the fuck out of these loopholes, to the points that they'll host fake interview by the hundreds simply to refuse them all, tell the gov they can't find anyone then get allowed to bring in Indians that are paid literal pennies, going as far as forcing their previous employee with training the newly arrived replacement else they cut their own pay or outright fired and replaced. The silicon valley literally control the H1B visas market offer, as a small time American company its nigh impossible to get access of one.

To be honest, the only ones winning at the moment are the already rich corporations who profit of these clause, especially not the visas worker, so by staring to restrain the access we'll be able to filter out the most blatant case of loopholes abuse from the genuine cases who probably will be given priority afterward.

At this point kamala threads are just Sup Forums containment threads. Leave my brown waifu alone ;-;

Most don't destroy peoples properties.

There will always be cunts who decide to take things too far, the vast vast majority don't though.

So what you're saying is, "no true liberal."

Yeah it's almost like this is Sup Forums and not fucking scans daily you faggot.

Similar to the problem of how Marvel sees her really. People who have gotten the wrong idea about her because of shit that has nothing to do with the comic. Even creators that use her in other appearances like Waid don't get it.

Remember that time two guys from the kkk tried to enlist the help of a Jewish synagogue build a xray raygun to assassinate Obama by telling them he was a enemy of Israel?
Or what about the Walking Dead actress that mailed him anthrax?

Who was handcuffed?
>He didn't ban them from entering the country, just increased checks.
He did though
so did bush
so did clinton

I've been making a ton of these recently.

No, what I'm saying is judging the majority on the actions of a very very small minority is fucking stupid.

No, he's saying there's always going to be assholes in general political debate and you shouldn't dismiss all claims being made just because one window was broken but if you want to be that guy who reduces discussion to pulling out terms like YuGiOh cards to "win" then sure.

It already has, he now has a criminal record that severely limits his academic and career ambitions, even though the criminal act was made to expose an initiative that was found to be unlawful itself and ultimately disbanded

But scans daily is the one who derails conversation by bitching about social politics not Sup Forums

This 5 year old.

>Implying ScansDaily is a good place to discuss comics.
>Implying "but ids fuor chaaan xd" is an excuse to whine about politics instead of talking about comics on a comics board.

snopes.com/president-obama-ban-muslims-2011/

>le Sup Forums is just edgy racist version of reddit xdd

Contrary to what you believe, people do have non-political discussion here

She has family in the old country. She literally just visited them.

I see no cuffs

>snopes

SANDPEOPLE GET OUT

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Snopes said it so it can't be true

Who would you link?

The Sup Forumsack is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, racist, Trump supporter, NEET, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him Autistic and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: "I've been found out."

>(((snopes)))

That's after he was released.

Again, who would you link?

>I am easily offended by anything not pertaining to my interests and demand serious on topic discussion at all times.
>Better go to a website known for it's crass humor, lack of political correctness and literally built for the purpose of allowing discussions to wander off topic

>I want to be an asshole
>why are all these people hating on me?

Since I disagree with it I'm going to need three sources with photos. If it is something I agreed with a cropped Facebook post would do.

>I am easily offended by anything not pertaining to my interests

But that's Sup Forums

The only thing that can save her at this point is to team her up Deadpool. Think about it.

>Both are spergs when it comes to Marvel mythos
>Both have odd hobbies. Like Kamala writing fanfiction about Marvel men and Deadpool having fantasies about Marvel men.

The kind of troubles those two will get into is story worthy.

Sounds about right

An actual government source

But this thread isn't worth the 3 day all-board ban when the faggot mod waddles in

Actually a good idea. Although kamala will be spooked by his appearance. Not to mention Wade is not exactly a good rope model for a teenage girl. But think of all the buddy comedy!

>Sup Forums is one person/mind set

I always hated this rhetoric, since a single fucking visit to the board will blast it into a million pieces as you opinion get attacked by everyone, no matter the background or latent ideology. You will get shat on by communist, Natso, libertarians, liberals, convervator, australians shitposters, japanese nationalist, etc. Its a complete clusterfuck of politics where no one actually run the place.

It's the kind of rhetoric the peoples who never went on Sup Forums parrot around, passing them off as wisdom because some cunts they disproved of happens to frequent the place. Also take into consideration that board jumping trolls loves to pretend they are one or the others just for no reason beyond starting shit, so take what you read about the place with a grain of salt, especially if the post your reading has a heavy coat of saltiness to it.

And it isn't worth my time to seek it out for you.

Needless to say, Obama did not band muslims from Iraq, he increased checks and slowed down immigration from there in response to a terror threat.

Now you can sit there and remain in blissful ignorance if you want to. You can think that Obama did the same thing as Trump, but you'd be wrong.

Either educate yourself, or put your fingers in your ears. Your choice.

It's a meme user.

Who's being an asshole?
I thought we were talking about political discussion in general?
>But Sup Forums is easily offended
That may be true but it doesn't mean you aren't the same

So why does Sup Forums treat the left like it's a one person mindset?

He's doing a boarding school thing in wakanda, known terrorist state

I'm a lefty liberal SJW who regularly browses Sup Forums. If I were easily offended, I'd of lost the plot years ago

One woman literally died because she got sick while detained and wasn't allowed to get to a hospital.

The Big 2 still don't know how to properly write and utilize non-WASP characters. The industry is largely dominated by straight white cisgender males. I'm not saying this out of spite as a SJW, but as a matter of fact.

Most comic readers are primarily white people. Yes, there's a lot of black comic fans (who happen to be manga/anime fans simultaneously), but demographics in the US will largely lean toward white 20somethings and 30somethings. I have 2 LCS that a reasonable distance from my apartment. I alternate between the 2 and everytime I've shopped, the customers are 99% white males. I think I only saw 2 blacks guys and 1 Hispanic in the past 7 years. The same applies to Barnes & Noble in their graphic novels section. Manga has girls; whether white or non-white as well as white and non-white guys. Manga fans are usually teens or tweens. Comic fans buying TPBs I've noticed have been predominantly whites males though I have noticed a white girl here and there.

Not only is Kamala a female hero, she's Pakistani, Muslim, and an Inhuman. That's FOUR strikes against her as a viable comic character because most writers will just use her as a strawman in pissing contests over current issues as well as their in-universe snarls.

Trump didn't ban muslims either
Since only 7 countries are affected and it's only for 120 days and only affects those traveling from those countries into the USA that are not citizens.

Here is the actual bill Obama signed
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-114s2458is/html/BILLS-114s2458is.htm
It was an amendment to the visa process and not even remotely similar to a blanket ban.

And yet you're still complaining about banter on Sup Forums
You were lost before you started my friend

> those countries into the USA that are not citizens.
Yeah, thanks to the ACLU for that part.

Nice Sup Forums thread. Fuck you mods

Bullshit
They don't they call them all cucks
They ackowledge that there are different types of leftist

tumblr is over, and it feels so good.

Triggered much babby?

A big problem with Kamala is that as a Pakistani Muslim, not touching upon contemporary social problems and tensions would make it feel like they were skirting around the elephant in the room. Unfortunately, writing about minorities in a genuine and non heavy handed meaningful way is fucking difficult and not just any writer can pull it off.

That and you have Marvel who seem dead set on virtue signalling at the moment with how diverse they are.