So what was it about the 80s that produced so many good films? Literally every genre produced some of, if not THE...

So what was it about the 80s that produced so many good films? Literally every genre produced some of, if not THE, best films during the decade.

film-making techniques were good enough to have lots of cool shit and special effects, but it was still before CGI became common-place and ruined the craft.

Can you give us newfag anons some essential 80s core kino?

Gonna need a e s t h e t i c recommendations

Robocop

it was a different time.

it was perfect time for practical effects before cgi took over and movies had perfect balance of studio influence and individual creative influence. Nowadays its all cgi and all studio executive number crunching. They try figure out whats the safest movies we can make that use the same old routine that will make a profit.

Advanced technology that still required talent to operate.

The 80s aesthetic is actually early 90s VHS aesthetic and even then it never really became a unified 'aesthetic' until 2010s memeposting and vaporwave.

There are no aesthetic 80s films, it was an awful decade.

I find it hard to believe there are people who haven't seen a handful of 80s kino.

Drugs.

Literally white people. Later, OP. Glad I could solve this mystery for you.

Queue-Cain

You must be 18 years old to post here.

Films from the 70s were better desu

" white " (((people)))

>There are no aesthetic 80s films, it was an awful decade.

1/10 made me reply

Maybe partly this, and partly being in the sweet spot of having decades of movies to be inspired by, but not coming so late that everything's been done to death.

there was a lot of Jewish and WASP coke/wall street money rolling around and the entertainment industry was on a transcendent rise to cultural dominance

can you delete this image pls

John Hughes

But aside from music, film dominates now and 80% of the films made are forgotten within the year.