Death of Hawkman #5 Storytime

I think I missed last month's issue but here we go, second to last issue and onwards.

Oh yeah, someone dies in this issue. The identity of the corpse will shock you.

F

Well, that's it for this time. Tune in next month for more mediocrity with the guy who's probably not dying and our probably then single boy Adam Strange.

Thanks OP

BULLSHIT
I'm so fucking mad right now

Nice

Isamot ;_;7

I like the new guy's design though

What the fuck.

More Hawkman is never a bad thing. I just wish they'd move away from Rann and Thanagar always being ready to blow each other to hell.

So what's the current/rebirth status of the Hawk-people? Are there still two sets?

>Hawkgirl
>Miss Not Appearing In This Issue

Unclear, I don't think either of them has appeared outside of this mini?

Kendra was on Earth 2

Didn't the Earth 2 comics die last autumn? I'm so out of the loop with half of everything...

March is final month for Earth 2: Society.

Why is thanagar's GL a lizard man?

That guy popped out of fucking nowhere, holy fuck

E2 isn't part of rebirth

There are native lizard people on Thanagar, they're typically considered part of the low class though

>That guy popped out of fucking nowhere, holy fuck
He's Katar's partner and he's been helping them throughout the mini but that ring really had no build-up

Lying-ass cover

I hate this time jumping shit. Makes a good book feel like a bad book.

That's not OUR Kendra, though. It's just an alternate universe where she's some black treasure hunter.

Boop

Yeah this and the unnecessary death of Isamot kinda dragged the issue down for me

But overall I still like it

We need actually more of Hawkgirl.

We need Hawkman/Hawkgirl Rebirth already

Oof, this dialogue.

This is really not a good comic.

Nope. I had hoped it would be a step towards more cosmic books but that's clearly not going to happen.

This was a much weaker issue than the previous ones.

On the other hand I love how Bedard writes Green Lanterns. Have any of the ongoing GL titles remembered that they're supposed to be space cops and peacekeepers?

Bedard is great at cosmic stuff but he didn't write this.

Green Lanterns have got some of the cop aspects down, though not a whole lot of space, while Hal & the GLC is still just a bunch of light wars stuff.

lol'd

Naw, it's fine.

I assume that's what this book is for. Hawkman's gotta die so he can be reborn. Kinda like a reincarnation thing.

And there are rumors JSA is coming back. The real one, not the nu52 Earth-2 bullshit.

Oh fuck you're right. I was convinced it was him for some reason.

God I wish DC would just drop the entire light war bullshit already.

He hasn't written much of anything lately as far as I know.

Don't we all...

>Hawkman dies
>We get a literal Hawkman rebirth
I like that but this miniseries only has an issue left and if they had plans for something like that we would had heard about it already.

Same Despero that Sinestro effortlessly snapped his neck?

How is he a threat to lanterns again?

>Same Despero that Sinestro effortlessly snapped his neck?
Injustice doesn't count

True.

Wait did they finally bring back a New Earth Hawkgirl?

nope