Any reason Voldemort didn't just stomp Harry to death when he was a baby?

Any reason Voldemort didn't just stomp Harry to death when he was a baby?

I think he would have saved the audience from watching the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

There wouldn't be any story then.

I never know what to think of this shit.

Because his death curse had deflected onto himself as a result of the power of Harry's mother's self-sacrifice, a magical force which was too strong for Voldemort's sorcery to act against. I thought this was obvious?

He tried.

Magic

Why didn't Voldemort just mind control some random to shank Harry?

So he ded after failing to kill him?

i think OP means literally, physically, stomping him to death

its just a baby, you can kill it really easily. voldemort should have just thrown him off a bridge

Rowling simplifies this to love in the end guys. Love defeats the dark lord, greatest dark wizard of all time, the man who sealed Dumbledore's death (dumbledore touched his horcrux without protection in case you faggots try and say dumbledore planned his death), a man who singlehandedly overthrew the entire wizarding world and would have turned the non-wizarding world into a massive auschwitz with relative ease, a man who tore his soul into 7 pieces just to ensure no cunt could fuck with him. Defeated by love. Drink that in.

First post. Impressive. Usually it takes five or six posts before this pasta shows up.

Are you for real? That guy idolized magic. No way he would've used a different way to dispose of a potential enemy. That would be like showing a leg during a dick-measuring contest.

That was fast. Still, that low-tier section is bullshit, perhaps except for Plath and Dickens.

Yeah I reckon he'd have been pretty content to do this, but that protection spell whatever had already taken effect by the point he was actually face to face with baby potter. Remember when quirell touches Harry's face and he burns up? Loads of plot holes in Harry Potter but I don't think this is one.

couldnt he have just wingardium leviosa'd baby harry into a fucking river?

Should've, yes. But Voldemort was an all-powerful sorcerer at the time. Why the fuck would he think a fucking baby would be immune to his roflstomping magic and cause him to become a powerless half-life?

One consistent theme in the books is how arrogant voldemort was. Like the locket horcrux, voldemort never though a house elf would be able to reach the cave, so no protections were put into place to prevent house elves from apparating in/out the cave. His arrogance was also his downfall, since he was ultimately killed by his own spell rebounded.

Why not just hire a Muggle hitman to shoot him in the fucking head ?

couldnt he have just transfigured baby harry into a dragon dildo?

I dunno, maybe an oversight on his behalf but hardly arrogance. My man was so paranoid he literally ripped his soul into a load of separate parts to try and protect himself. An arrogant wizard practices the dark arts and gets himself captured, like grindelwald. Dumbledore is also the most arrogant fuck in the whole thing.

>the Hungarian Horntail
>30% off

>hurr why doesn't a muggle hater use muggles?!
>brainlet_wojak.jpg

what was voldemort's endgame?

You're supposed to wait a few posts in before pulling that out. Glad to see the Clifford version is back in circulation though.

>hurr why doesn't an elf hater use elves?!
>Voldemort proceeds to use an elf
Hmm

Revenge against the people who fucked with him and ruling the world as an immortal dark wizard.

That was exactly what Voldemort tried to do. He failed. They explain this in the first 20 minutes of the first movie.

Creating an anti muggle tax policy

I tried to fix it

Voldemort was just a massive faggot, take horcruxes for instance: diary, tiara, favourite pet, magical dildo, favourite teapot. What a pussy he must have been. And that soul splitting shit - why not split your soul into even more pieces and hide the horcruxes in spots that are actually hard to find like Mariana Trench, he was already beyond redemption after first horcrux and Harry and his friends are just the fucking teenagers, not James Cameron and shit.
also

>Lily's love stopped the black magick

would it stop the 0.44 bullet tho?

>fixing baity pasta-pic

>too strong for Voldemort's sorcery
Yeah, but that nigger's boot isn't sorcery. I mean I'm on even a little bit magic and I could fuck up like an army of babies by myself.

>not being in a transcended post-ironic state

>putting Clifford in low tier
Plebian Swine.

>I mean I'm on even a little bit magic
i think you're magical dude :)

I feel like that book was the weakest of the Clifford collection, sorry user.

You'd think love protection magic would be pretty well documented at that point. You'd think a group of evil-doers who constantly go around breaking up families would prep themselves for that beforehand.