New Batman game incoming

New Batman game incoming

twitter.com/ignfra/status/826443083600498689

Are the Damian game rumors true?

>inb4 PC "master race" gets raped in the ass again

>8 MARS

How many Mars are out there?. How many Jupiters too?

hope so. I'd be totally down for a weird hodgepodge of Beyond and 666

What's with Marvel and DC asking people to 'save the date'?

No, you fool, it's clearly a "Batman Goes to Mars" game. Maybe a Batman/Martian Mahunter co-op adventure.

why does the french tweet with a picture containing a date in french also contain the english phrase "save the date"?

>We could've gotten a game based on the Batman Reborn/New 52 Batfamily era
>Instead we're getting discount Batman Beyond
>starring the most divisive Robin
>Which, knowing WB, will probably be as bad as the latest animated movies

Truly, the darkest timeline for WB.

>>Which, knowing WB, will probably be as bad as the latest animated movies

What the fuck do WB games have to do with the animated movies? Arkham Knight released when the movies were shit, and it was good.

Ignore him, he's clearly a retard.

>Made by WB Montreal (Arkham Origins)
>Imagine Batman Beyond but with Damian Wayne. That's what this is. Terry McGinnis was originally considered but they figured it'd be easier to sell Batman's son instead of a new character to games.
>If you are looking for the first Batman game without The Joker... you will have to wait a bit longer. The Joker is in the game, but not in the way that you think. It's a sequel to the most recent title "Arkham Knight", so The Joker is definitely dead. If you have ever seen the film "Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker", you may have an idea of where they are going with this.
>The Batbike is the new Batmobile in this game. There is actually a power-wench on it like in "Arkham Knight" to do puzzles! I can already hear some fans moaning in agony, but fear not: the Batbike is mainly used to get places quickly as the map is HUGE.
>The rogue list is massive, and really reaches into characters that we haven't seen before like White Rabbit and "Kite Man"...whoever that is.
>The City is in ruin, and competing powers like GothCorp (Mister Freeze) have seized control of Gotham financially. Therein, Wayne Enterprises has somewhat ceased in influence.
>Bruce Wayne is quite old, but not exceedingly old like you may think. In fact, only a few years before the events of the game did Bruce Wayne give up the mantle of the Bat-thing we saw at the end of Arkham Knight. This is not a straight up "Batman Beyond" game.
>Bruce lives in the Batcave full-time. Damian tracked him down and is new to the Batsuit. Alfred has passed away. Bruce serves in that mentor role. Bruce also has a harness on his leg and uses a walking stick.
>Characters like Oracle and Nightwing return. Nightwing plays a big role in this one, but he's aged since Knight quite a bit.
>There is no "main" villain to this game. It takes place over many days and nights, but only one mission (that I know of) takes place during the day. The Penguin and Mister Freeze have major political pull.

>Other villains: The Judge (Harvey Dent), Black Mask (blonde woman), Poison Ivy (new body), The Riddler, Azrael, Flamingo, Harley Quinn
>Most think Bruce Wayne is still Batman. Some of the villains even say things like "Hello Brucie" and "Mr. Wayne, come to die." Of course, it's not Bruce.
>Jason Todd is in the game. He feels bad over the events of Arkham Knight but still goes around killing criminals.
>Gameplay has substantial revisions in this one. The gameplay mechanics are rehashed to fit around Damian's strengths, which are generally more agile and equipment-based than that of Bruce Wayne. It doesn't seem you quite hit as hard, but you move faster and are more agile than in the other titles. Still, it will feel largely like playing as Batman from what I've been told.
>Damian Wayne is not really recognizable to how he is as a kid. He's not particularly bratty or anything, and in many ways acts more like his dad than anything else.
>The game spends a lot of time in Wayne Manor, the Batcave, etc. Cutscenes flash back to Damian's time with Ra's Al Ghul and Talia, the story is truly a personal one. The way the narrative is told resembles "Grand Theft Auto", much more so than the previous Batman titles.
>On the contrary to what other sources have been claiming, this title has a targeted October 2017 release date. It is in the vein of what Warner Brothers Games has always aimed to do with having a Batman game every other year. Arkham Knight was a different beast in it of itself, but Asylum was in '09, City '11, and now this game will come 2 years after Arkham Knight. That's what WB wants to do for the future as well probably.
>This game features guest heroes from other corners of the DC Universe! I know this as an absolute fact - Green Arrow is in the game. His cameo is brief, but other side missions featuring non-Batman heroes and villains appear with frequency.

>The location is Gotham City. It's not abandoned or evacuated (well, some areas are...where the villains reside mostly). There are plenty of civilians in Gotham, as well as a crime system in which Damian is alerted of nearby crimes in progress, like muggings, car-jackings, robberies, murders, serial killers, thieves, etc.
>You can't go on most roads, as cars will hit you.
>The city has different regions, and actually has rural/suburban outskirts that Batman can travel to on the bike. As I said, in more ways than a few - this game's ambition reflects that of a Grant Theft Auto title than an "Arkham" one.
>Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system is in this game and it's great! It ties into these crimes. If the criminals get away or kill you, they continue to commit crimes and become noticed by the various gangs and villains. They receive equipment from them and can even be recruited by them. They commit bigger and bigger crimes and will start to lead squads of bad guys if Batman keeps failing. Eventually, they can adopt a criminal persona (we have a ton of them and which one they adopt depends on which villains support them). Even if Batman stops them, villains can break them out if they were a "high-level" criminal. You have to keep sending them back to jail and thwarting their plans to stop them for good. It's pretty awesome.
>The Batmobile isn't in the game except for one of the final missions

At some point, I am told Damian Wayne needs to be rescued. The exact circumstances of this scene I am unsure. Nonetheless, BRUCE WAYNE once again re-embodies the mantle of Batman, and rescues his only son. This is a major scene that takes place towards the end of the game, and the player is actually controlling Bruce Wayne as Batman.

These rumors were gathered from various websites so take everything with a grain of salt

My mistake. Point wihdrawn.
I thought this was the Arkham Origins studio though, and that most people are mixed on that.

36 Mars for 36 Kars

>>The City is in ruin, and competing powers like GothCorp (Mister Freeze) have seized control of Gotham financially. Therein, Wayne Enterprises has somewhat ceased in influence
>The Penguin and Mister Freeze have major political pull.

Do the people writing this realize the Freeze died the last game? Probably not.

>Arkham Knight released when the movies were shit, and it was good.
user...

It had better boss fights than the majority of the other Arkham games.

You can be a contrarian but AK is critically acclaimed and the majority of fans liked it.

If Damien is less of a brat in this game than he is everywhere else, I might give this game a chance.

>even more batmobile gameplay

>Terry McGinnis was originally considered but they figured it'd be easier to sell Batman's son instead of a new character to games.
But...Damian would be a new character to games, while Terry had his own PS1/N64/GBC game.
You misguided motherfucks.

>More Batman
Wake me up, when September ends.

What? A Damian game? That sounds tight as hell. Damian is indisputably the best Robin. Dick and Jason didn't get properly fleshed out until after their Robin tenures and Tim was whatever personality the writers wanted him to be.

I love that arrogant little shit.

AK was rated significantly lower by a lot of people than AA or AC. The Batmobile sections were obnoxious and the writing took a nosedive with Dini gone.

user, that era of games ended over 15 years ago.

Nothing in there says it's Batman.

>Batman

No thanks, I have standards. They'll never risk other characters if dumb tasteless twats keep lapping up everything Bat-related

>tfw rumors state they cancelled the Suicide Squad game just because they couldn't re-use assets for it

A part of that makes me feel very mad because they were going about it the wrong way. They were trying to make SS another Arkham free-roam game when they should have just made it a linear co-op adventure.

>not terry
and my interest is gone

>I have much finer taste in comic books

Wonder Woman has potential for a cool game and would be a great way to revamp her rogues and give Circe the exposure she deserves. I'm no Wonder Woman fag but another Batman game... Starring the worst member of the Batfamily. Pass

I am actually somewhat interested in this. Knight wasn't as bad as pcucks want people to believe.
And Origins had better story and better overall boss fights than 2 out of 3 Rocksteady games anyway.

Another Batman game? Christ

Didn't play it on PC, the only problem I had with Knight is the bosses and overall story sucked ass, with the notable exceptions being the Joker bits.

Anyone who boycotts Batman automatically has finer taste than the majority of comics consumers

it's actually not bad on PC right now if you have a good GPU

why would you come in this thread if you hate batman so much

He wants to make sure that all these strangers on the internet *know* how smart he thinks he is for being contrarian.

>Damian Wayne

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

>a teaser for a teaser

why?

Origins was good but it was just very "samey". It had the best story and boss fights in the series though. But it's really just AC DLC

>implying HUUGE JOKER was better than AK's script

The Titan subplot was one of the worst things to ever grace the franchise.

>their gonna turn mister freeze into discount Blight
MAKE IT STOP

That's right after the Switch comes out.
Maybe it'll be some of their recent games going to the Switch?

I mean I ain't saying it's a big enough thing for an announcement, but if something like the Arkham games were put together as a big package for Switch or Injustice 2 confirmed for Switch?
I'd be down.

I don't think critically acclaimed is the right way to describe AK. Asylum and City are critically acclaimed, this was just viewed as "another Batman game"

Personally I thought it was ok, but it screwed up the thing I wanted most (quality boss fights) so its hurt my interest a bit.

Yeah because that's a game you want people to be reminded of.

>INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Timfags .

It'd be nice. Though I hope it focuses more on him as himself trying to be robin while the three fight for the cowl.

>tfw PC is gonna be a shit show again.

How old do I have to be to play it?

>Characterfags
Low level autism, could be curable.

>Freeze died the last game
he did not, he and his wife went to do something

, i want Goliath in the game .

That's his charm though, he's a scruffy little shit to everyone with a chip on his shoulder with alot to prove. It's rooting for the underdog in a world of established robins.

yeah die

>Not knowing his wife was terminal and they had no cure but she didn't want to sleep.
>Not knowing he chose to die with her, turning off his suit.

This post set off my filter

This doesn't sound like 666 Batman.

i forgot about that really, i am afraid that they will use the "Freeze jar head" thing now

it reminds me of what Morrison wanted really, remember the last page of his batman run that shows Damian looking over terry ? i wonder if we will see something like that

>taking literally no risk with the story so no Terry, Neo Gotham or original rouges gallary
>gonna reuse assets as well
>will probably work the joker into the end boss again somehow
Arkham has become the Asscreed of WB

>taking literally no risk with the story
not using bruce and using the son that most people hate is a big risk if you ask me

>Mars
Is this how frogs say "March"? The fuck?

>no Terry, Neo Gotham

if fucking only

>tfw no stealth-based Inque boss fight where she hides in the shadows and you can't let her sneak up on you first or she'll throat fuck you

We get the month March from the Roman god Mars.

the months of the year and planets are both named after Roman gods you ignorant burger boy

>do Batman Beyond
>still want to fill the game with vehicle bullshit
>don't have the decency to at least include awesome future Batmobile

>Black Mask (blonde woman)

I'm gonna cum

>could have just made a fucking Batman Beyond game
>the main Arkham games were practically the animated series' universe

>no lets put Damian in it
>the least favorite bat-son/robin
>Because replacing Terry with another Bat character was so well received when DC tried it in the comics.

fucking hell why is this so difficult.

>not marthan
are you even FUCKING TRYING ?

>no Batman Inc. game

Either do Batman Beyond right or don't. I honest would rather have Origins 2 than the Damian crap.

And WB wonder why Marvel is raping them. This would have been fucking legendary if it had been Superman or Wonder Woman.

>raping them.
on video games ? they have square enix game that is probably going to be shit given Enix track record and a spider man game that i sure as fuck hope its good because i am craving for one

>And WB wonder why Marvel is raping them

What do you mean? Marvel games have been just mobile shit for years now. They've just now finally started licensing their IPs out to real games studios again but it's going to be awhile before we see those games come out.

on everything

Marvel has shit comic, games, cartoons and the only thing that is consider good, their movies are not even that much better. What the hell are you going on about?

Are you kidding? Marvel is doing better with their movies and nothing else. Their cartoons are forgettable trash, their video games have been crappy mobile bullshit for years and their comics are a dumpster fire.

...terry IS batman's son

But not the son they're going with.

so... will Damien be a reverse rape baby like in the comics?

So Batman #666 The Game?

English is the world's "primary" language, you see it everywhere in other countries mixed in with the native language. It is a lot more common for people who know other languages to know a bit of english as a secondary, then for english people to know another language.

this is so fucking dumb

>Terry McGinnis was originally considered but they figured it'd be easier to sell Batman's son instead of a new character to games.

If this is true, then I think they are really underestimating how popular Damian is with audiences not familiar with the comics. Most people who don't read comics probably know him from those direct-to-dvd animated films. And in those films he's portrayed as a very unlikeable character. So many people who do know him probably don't like him.

Damian is in the Injustice games. Maybe they think they could attract gamers familiar with Damian in those games? Is that version of him well-liked or popular among fans? I don't play Injustice so I don't know.

Also while Terry himself has not appeared in the Arkham games, his suit has appeared as a skin. I bet there were players unfamiliar with Batman Beyond and Terry McGinnis who looked them up after playing around in the skin. In addition a Batman Beyond game is something many Arkham fans have been clamoring for. Damian on the other hand? There is no sign of Damian anywhere in the Arkham games. So they would making a game starring a character who may very well be completely unfamiliar in any shape or form to many people in their fanbase.

>White Rabbit

nice

>Starring the worst member of the Batfamily

Damian is not the worst member of the Batfamily. THIS is the worst member of the Batfamily.

Man, BRE was a piece of shit.

>Imagine Batman Beyond but with Damian Wayne.
No

I prefer Harper to Damian tbqh

Subtle, i like it.

>no Half-life esque Gordon game

Damien is the hottest shit right now at DC, getting pushed in the comics, movies and cartoons. we may not like him but its obvious WB wants him to be the posterrobin

Fuck it. Sure, why not.

>Batman & Robin Eternal
>Doesn't even feature the current robin until the end

weekly series were a mistake

Tell that to Snyder and his dumbshit OCs he uses in place of Robin.

Do we even know this is a Batman game? Could be another DC property, or something else WB has the rights to like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

Lark doesnt have his own ongoing