Shade, the Changing Girl #5 Storytime

Time for "High School Hijinks with Loma"

It's a Field Trip episode!

is this comic about a trans* girl??

I can''t tell if Teacup's disgust is with the terrible pun, or being near Shade/Megan/Loma

Currently it seems to be Female-Bird-Alien in a braindead earth girl's body. The Milligan Shade body-hopped a bit, so it might be a trans comic eventually

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Next issue should be the end of the first arc

And now for the random backups, probably the weakest of the Young Animal ones. From the future solicitations, this one will have a sequel

Shiiiit it's about to go down!

Thanks for storytiming OP!

I would do the other four issues, but I don't have them with me right now

my favorite comic! thanks, OP.
Does anybody know how many issues we're expecting out this thing?

These back-ups continue to be amazing... I really hope some of them get picked up for full series

It's solicited up to #7 (April), but that is listed as a standalone. Sales don't seem to be that great so far. DC's Vertigo stuff survived on ~5K sales for at least 12-18 issues, but since this is technically mainline under Young Animal, the cancellation bar might be higher.
Shade The Changing Girl 1* 32,081
Shade The Changing Girl 2* 19,526
Shade The Changing Girl 3* 14,397

radiowaves travel at the speed of light. it takes 5.5 hours for light/radio to leave Earth and reach Pluto.

1901 transatlantic radio.
The radio bubble is now, 116lightyears from Earth.
1928 TV tv bubble is 89 light years from Earth.

1951 is only 66 years ago.
So, I guess that panel takes place at least 4 years from now.

The floppy composes these pages next to each other. It's great.

oh sheeeit

So River's confirming that everyone sees the weird Meta shit that Shade sees? I never saw much reaction to any of it outside the first issue.

I couldn't remember if this came out this week or next. I'm glad it was this week.

I imagine that they see a diluted version of what she sees, since her madness is amplified by the jacket, and she does not seem to be actively "using" it

I was looking forward to this OP Thanks.

That is a really nice cover.

Nerdy black kids are always my faves. Jivi, Linton, this fucko right here.

This relation of an animalistic alien to the zoo animals is really neat and not something I've ever seen before in anything, I think.

I hope Teacup and Shade have lesbian encounters

Loma better end up in the dog's body for AT LEAST a page. You called this Shade, time to stand and deliver.

Are you 12?

It looks like Megan had a very unhealthy obsession with her

>Linton
How can you say anybody other than Lottie is your favorite, user

What? Is this one of those "notion of time becomes meaningless" scenes?

Kek

time is explicitly not really a thing in the borderlands

bump