Image Week Storytime: WildC.A.T.s

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

This week and maybe the next one I'll be posting some of Image's first series and maybe some of their recent hits as well.

So strap in, 'cause you're in for a trip down memory lane.

Next up is the beginning of what would eventually become another one of DC's various microcosmos, Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of all the first wave Image titles, I'd say early Wild CATS holds up the best. Largely because, while it definitely had a good bit of 90s, it was a fairly basic team book. Also Dan Quayle.

I used to think Savage Dragon held up the best but I re-read the first mini recently and... sheesh, no spoilers but there's one bit of development that's 100% uncalled for.

Oh, and thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA

Ah shit, I just noticed I forgot the links too...

Whatever, I'll post them next time

And now I go and forget the page...

>Go to ask a question about Wildstorm
>See OP's name
Dude man fuck you I'm so mad that you left us hanging on Invincible. Are you ever going to continue that?

Also when did Wildstorm become its own property? Or was it still under Image up until DC bought it?

Also also >tfw you're two years older than Image as of today

Ahahaha, this is why you post the links to the previous threads, kids.

Anyway, like I said in the first storytime, Spawn, I'm going to bring back the storytime, probably at the beginning of March. Sorry for being gone for so long, I had some shit to take care of.

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

>Also when did Wildstorm become its own property? Or was it still under Image up until DC bought it?
Wildstorm became it's own thing pretty quickly if I remember right. WildCATS was released under Image in August 1992 and Stormwatch soon after, so they were pseudo connected with the rest of the Image line. Late 1993 is when Lee moved it all into an imprint of Image and called it Wildstorm (WildCATS + Stormwatch) until DC bought them in 1998.

>Just the right height.

I bought two of these issues when they came out because of the cover. The 90s were a strange time.

Scans get shittier from this point on.

Does "The Maxx" count as first wave? It was within the first year, and it's a shitload better than WildCATS.

I personally count it as second wave since Keith wasn't a founder.

I would count it as second wave. Keith wasn't a founder and it came out a year later than the first Image titles.

Speaking of, I was trying to find a good release-date-resource for Image, but found that the Image Wiki has significant holes when you go by date.

Thanks

Maybe Comic Vine is a bit more reliable?

TL;DR: Basically like Beast Wars.