Video game comics

What are some good Sup Forums related comics? Been reading pic related, and it's pretty neat. Expands on the lore really well and is an overall good read. Mostly looking for stuff that is considered canon with the series it is based on.

Other urls found in this thread:

darkhorse.com/Comics/29-843/World-of-Tanks-1
youtu.be/V3E-NGejxE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't go wrong with Larry Hama.

Someone actually liked the Mass Effect comics? Holy fuck.

One of those Mass Effect comics had an endorsement among the lines of 'From the same writers that brought you Mass Effect 3!' on it. I still wonder if that was meant as a subtle warning to stay away or not.

I liked the KOTOR and Injustice comics. Recently got the Dark Horse reprints of old Tomb Raider comics, which are also pretty good.

Sonic the Comic
Archie Sonic #1-50, then Ian Flynn's stuff
Archie Mega Man
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?
Duke Nukem
Injustice (I heard it's gotten shit recently?)
Doom
Knights of The Old Republic
Those QuestProbe tie-in comics
All of Valiant's Nintendo comics
Those Nintendo Power tie-in comics
Udon Street Fighter

Plus, you've got comics written by people who've written/drawn for/about video games:

Kieron Gillen
Warren Ellis
Warren Spector
Peter David
Dave Gibbons
Bill Willingham

darkhorse.com/Comics/29-843/World-of-Tanks-1

Thanks, user.

Loved KotOR, and injustice was great at times, but mostly decent. Gonna have to check out the tomb raider comics. Thanks, user.

All the comics are written by writers who worked on the games, and they're all pretty good. Some better than others, but all are good. Mass Effect 3 is great story wise, they just dropped the ball hard with the ending. I enjoyed the ride up to that point.

Do I have to be a call of duty fan to enjoy these? I had a friend who loved these, but he was also a huge fan of the games.

Actually, you can go VERY wrong with Larry Hama - his Batman and Gen X runs aren't what you'd call "good" or "readable".
>Garth Ennis
>World of Tanks
Huh.

... HUH.

>Mass Effect 3 is great story wise
"No!"
I sort of liked Mass Effect:Homeworlds, but I wouldn't recommend it.

>"No!"
Yes

ME3 had good character moments that gave feels, but in retrospect the narrative was bad.

The Dragon Age comics are okay, but I remember they really captured the 'inner voice' of Varric, Alistair and Isabela. They each get some issues which they narrate.

I've played through it several times, just finished a play through, and nothing about the narrative was bad. It was a bit weird that you're able to just goof around the galaxy like getting a shore leave on the citadel while the reapers are butt fucking everybody, but other than that it is a good story. The character moments are definition what makes those games, but the lore and everything else is enjoyable up until ABC ending. But to each their own. Haven't played much fo Dragon Age, been meaning to get into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

*definitely
Not definition

I enjoyed the mini and have never played an FPS.

His Wolverine was pretty good. Who the fuck would read Gen X anyways?

Dubs confirms. Might look into it. Thanks, user.

I support Udon's Street Fighter. It isn't great, but delivers a solid story with the characters.
Also, all you need for Doom: youtu.be/V3E-NGejxE4

The GOAT of video game comics, has fucking Moebius in it. God-given master work. Blows any other video game comic out of the water.

Marvel knocked out the park, fucking shame Dark Horse has the license now, they can't even come close.