This is the best Batman movie. Nolanfags can fuck off

This is the best Batman movie. Nolanfags can fuck off.

Other urls found in this thread:

burningtheground.net/2014/12/prince-partyman-us-12/
youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

clsoe

I can't chose between this one and returns. They both are amazing.

Batman Returns was way way better

This, Returns is one of my favorites.

sorry sweety, but a comic book movie cannot be labeled as "best". In any field, let alone among its own kind. That is because comic book movies (and comic books themselves) are by definition; man-child trash.

Mmkay, but this was during a time(a time before you were even a twinkle in your father's balls) where comic book movies weren't a franchise cash cow, and were simply movies based on those stories

Batman returns was 2 hours of unedited footage of Tim Burton sucking himself off.

The penguin rockets were fucking stupid, and Michelle hamming it up was pure cringe.

nah

I used to think Returns was great until I rewatched it last year.

>every single word of dialogue from the Penguin/Catwoman is a cringey double entendre
>Penguin's goons pose zero threat to Batman
>Frame Batman plot was of no consequence
>Catwoman's inconsistent "nine lives" bullshit
>Bruce Wayne/Selina Kyle romance barely registered in the plot
>Barely a plot
>Too many villains, too little time to do everything they tried to do very well
>Subpar action

The first Burton one is my favorite, and I think Devito and Pfeiffer (and Walken) looked the part and did great with what little they had, but I feel like this movie is really overrated and everyone needs to watch it again with fresh eyes.

step aside

This.

I hate that nostalgiafag millenials have been coming out of the woodwork being obsessed with the animated series and saying that some random fucking cartoon is better than the work of dozens of well established and talented audiovisual actors.

It's a cartoon, it may be better than most cartoons, but it's not better than Nolan/Burton's movies.

the animated series is the closest to the comics

Are you being a contrarian? For fucks sake

You have no understanding of what a comic book movie is supposed to be. It's SUPPOSED to be ridiculous and over the top...have you ever read a golden age comic? That's the whole point,,,Burton captured the comic book vibe with those 2 movies better than any other cape movie has since. Go away.

Not that user, but a movie has to be a good movie for any of that other shit to matter, bud. Returns wasn't good. There could be a comic that's panel after panel of a shit in a bucket, and I could make a movie where I shit in a bucket and film it for 2 hours. That might make it a faithful adaptation, but it doesn't make it a good movie.

You can be ridiculous and over the top while still giving a good performance.

>It's like the comics so it's good lmaoe

if returns wasn't good, i can't wait to read your appreciation of forever and B&R.

TAS has the best Gotham City. Burton's came closest to it. Nolan didn't really seem to bother with that area so much.

I liked the dark knight movies but fuck they made Gotham the least interesting place imaginable, except maybe in Batman Begins (the best of the trilogy)

yes when a comic book character is portrayed outside of comics generally the one closest to his initial origin is the best

Deluded manchild.

(this wasn't the user)

I would never deny that
anybody who watches anything capeshit is a manchild just because it's live action and has muh realism doesn't make it more mature so you might as well go with the best manchild shit Batman has to offer

>overtly jewish ugly greed penguin overtones
hilarious desu

you guys are fucking idiots. neither of those burton films hold up, like actually try to watch this shit today. it's terrible, just terrible

THANK YOU!!! finally someone that understands the way that batman and joker are suppossed to be portrayed. Not to say that the dark knight wasnt great, it was. But tim burtons batman is definately the superior film

that's the best scene in the whole series, when he trashes the modern art museum and acts like a psychopath (which they imitated with Ledger trashing Wayne's party but was a lot less amusing and more about his "performance" than making a scene like in this one)

You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

You are out of your fuckin mind if you think batman begins is better than dark knight, i mean come on dude. The joker performance was outstanding in dark knight. Scarecrow and liam neeson dont stand a chance against ledgers performance

*prince starts playing*

OFFICIAL 2017 BATMAN MOVIE POWER RANKINGS:

1) Batman Begins
2) Batman
3) Mask of the Phantasm
4) Batman Returns
5) The Dark Knight
6) Batman Forever
7) The Dark Knight Returns
8) Batman vs Superman

POWER GAP

9999999) Batman & Robin

What the fuck you too?How can you say batman begins is better than dark knight. Seriously can you explain your point of veiw. To me that joker performance in dark knight it too good to be topped by anyone in begins

Batman Begins was generally more well thought out, well constructed and enjoyable than The Dark Knight.
To me, both the suit, the voice and general style of Batman in Batman begins was way better than the way he was represented in The Dark Knight.
Begins is overshadowed by the sequel, but is actually a very well balanced and constructed origin story. It has an appropriate amount of levity combined with genuinely threatening villains rather than ham-fisted edgelords.
On the subject of the voice, batman begins nailed it, and almost went a bit too far. He had the whole vocal concealing going quite nicely, and it was believable that people wouldn't recognize him as Bruce.
On the suit, I think it was great. It was sleek, modern and slightly tactical, but also had a sense of beastly power, especially in the bulkier torso and cowl area. This fits in nicely with the main theme of fear, and being more of a symbol than a man/soldier.

Then there's The Dark Knight. It had a solid story and performances, especially from Ledger, but a lot of it doesn't hold up as a well-constructed film to me. The attempts made at more of a philosophical story fell flat to a degree.
The character of Batman is reduced to a roaring idiot just so they can try to show how smart and edgy the Joker is. If you have to twist a character to show how intelligent the other one is, that's a problem. The voice is another part of this, as they made the bizarre decision to go even further with the growling dialogue, which just sounded ridiculous at that point.
Then there's the suit. I appreciate the tactical complexity, but the element of fear, and the primal feel of an imposing symbol is almost all gone. It's basically a military suit with a cape, a mask and a symbol thrown on the front. It doesn't feel distinctly like it's supposed to be batman.
Gotham was more distinct and filthy, and although excessively filtered at times, the Colour palette was a lot more interesting in Begins.

To add to this, I'd also like to clarify for anyone that recognized this post that I did make a thread on the subject recently and decided it would be fitting here.

My father also says so.

When I was a kid, I thought it was bullshit because Batman Forever looked better. Then I grew up and found out how shitty it was. Recently, he watched Nolan’s trilogy and actually liked it, but he still says the first Tim Burton’s Batman is better. He also says Batman Returns (Burton’s 2nd) is mediocre while compared to the 1st one.

I think he’s right after all.

I kinda agree with you about TDK. I found it pretty good on my first watch, but it didn’t feel like the absolute masterpiece everyone was talking about at the time. It has some flaws and the plot focus too much on the eccentricity of both Batman and Joker that it almost doesn’t feel like a Batman movie at all. There are too many elements on the story that unfortunately didn’t converge to a satisfying ending (neither a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy).

But it’s a Nolan movie. People will overlook most of the flaws because of that. The third movie is the worst, but the Bane parts were good before he turned into a complete pussy so they could make a conclusion to Ra’s Al Ghul plot. And yeah. Catwoman just made it worse.

LAWRENCE !

PARTYMAN 45rpm 24bit

burningtheground.net/2014/12/prince-partyman-us-12/

100%
I appreciate the memes, but I think it's well recognized that Rises was relatively mediocre.
The complete switching of villains was poorly executed in itself, and they decided as soon as the pathetic twist happened they decided to give him some last minute anticlimactic death? I didn't like that much, especially since he was killed by the worst character in the movie. She didn't even need to be there.

Shit I fucked this post up majorly.

I unironically like Batman & Robin

>says the anime meme using, loli poster
that's just plain funny

True. Each rewatch of the Nolan movies only reveal flaws, alas.
Give your dad a hearty handjob, er, shake for me.

it has good campy moments reminiscent of the 60's show
my problem with it is that it's tone is inconsistent and takes itself seriously sometimes

best batmang game too, till arkham asylum came out.
*spoiler alert for an almost 30 year old game, btw*

And TDK is a better movie, as a normie I don't put too much in which movie was more faithful to the comic

I don't get it

FPBP

Returns is pure bat-kino

youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU

as a normie, you probably edited all the joker parts together and jacked it while watching them and putting on the makeup. don't lie.

v Superman > Returns > 89 > Dark Knight > Begins > 66 > Rises > Forever > and Robin