I don't know, Sup Forums. I just don't know

I don't know, Sup Forums. I just don't know.

>but I still want protect his smile.

OK, Gadot is a woman, and a jew, but what's this faggot's excuse?

Why do people pretend like it's the actor's choice whether or not to buff up? Marketing is the one who makes the decision

I'm alright. Not crazy, but not hating.

Danny is not very big.

>marketing made me!!!
Yeah, no.

Danny is DEX not STR. If he was Thor or even Cap, I would have a problem.

Tbf, Danny /is/ a twink-tier martial artist. It's not inaccurate.

kung fu fights ain't buffed bro

Maybe it's just the angle of the picture but I wish he looked a little more toned.

Shut your dumb mouth the fuck up. If Marvel/Netflix decide they don't want him to get fucking shredded, he can't do it.

They are literally instructed on how to look.

He could at least tone up then. He looks like shit.

>my dad works at nintendo
>m-marvel said no!!
Sure thing, champ.

I saw the picture of him mediating and I legitimately burst out laughing, but I'm still fucking excited, though.

It's more convincing than anything else.
Now, I want him to deal with Cage and Devil.

God he looks like shit

Looks like Danny to me, my man.

He only had like 1 1/2-2 months to train/gain weight.

Goddamn this show is worrisome.

The other shows actually had a POINT and a strong vision whether it was gritty crime drama or rape culture or blaxploitation or whatever. The original Iron Fist was a kung-fu craze creation and I'm really confused why this show isn't following that through in terms of tone and aesthetic. The Brubaker run played up the pulpy Sax Rohmer qualities and again I'm seeing none of that.

Everything I've seen thus far just looks like Daredevil except not a lawyer and not blind and no 10/10 Frank Miller material to draw from. I hope I'm wrong but the showrunner doesn't inspire much confidence.

Only complaint I have is that his legs are a bit too short for someone who does dragon heartbreaker kung fu.

As for him not being muscular enough, if they made him more toned, they'd just put fake bodybuilder muscles on him. You need a bit of fat there to protect the muscles; looks like he has a good balance of muscle and fat, which is more realistic for a person who wants functional muscles and not for-show ones.

also, perhaps they could make the dragon tattoo an actual skin burn instead of a tattoo, because that's what it is supposed to be.

But, how pure and chaste~ will he be?

I just want this show to air so I'm closer to Defenders

OP here, me too. Unlike most his form itsnt what threw me, but instead how cheesy it looks? Yes, yes, I know it's Iron Fist, in his adorable little egg self, but still. Guess, it's different when not in a comic and in live action. Fine now, though.

People, who train to fight real become more buff.
Because you need raw power. And you can't train a muscle exclusively for strength without making it grow a bit.

FlixFist there has not seen a dojo in his life.

he looks good..at least he has fists..

They couldn't get a real caucasian kung fu stylist? When are they going to stop casting people with no martial arts training as martial artist characters? Just look at the guy: you can smell the rookie on him. I don't know what style he's supposed to be doing, but I'm kinda sure his legs should be further apart, and his right hand should have the fist vertical and upside down. Pretty sure we should be seeing the thumb and palm of that fist, not looking at his knuckles head-on. Bet he punches like a girl.

I mean...Bruce was shredded as fuck...but that width is mostly shoulder blades...

Even on roids, that's shit tier prep time. Hopefully he has more time soon.

>is more realistic for a person who wants functional muscles and not for-show ones

Real fighters lok jacked you retard, fat ones like roy nelson are a exeptrion, sknny fat ones are even more rare

You ever seen Scott Adkins or Ray Park act?

It's almost never worth it.

Get fucked.

Shut the fuck up you ignorant sod

We ain't watching martial arts movies for the acting. That's like playing fighting games for the story. We're in it for the ACTION, and I ain't talking wire-fu.

I can't get over that beard. It's fucking trash but I get they're going for hobo kung fu.

>That's like playing fighting games for the story.

But that's the only good thing about Mortal Kombat.

I can understand this, actually. It's appropriate to the character that you'd underestimate him. Themes > realism, any day.

I wish he had the mask though desu

why do they have more shreds than the average big guy?

It's not how hard he punches, it's how well he can do a Brooklyn Headbutt.

What is everyone here complaining about? We all know how this will turn out:

Sup Forums will love it mindlessly while it's airing, after which time people will be divided into two halves -- one that admits it was flawed but still Fun, the other hating on it for shitposting's sake. The actual content of the series doesn't matter.

Comic danny would have almost the muscle equivalent of a mid weight MMA fighter.
This dude looks like he couldnt do 30 pushups or 15 pullups.

those are latisimus dorsi, LATS, not shoulder blades

You're comparing him to a god.

>that prime twink body
>he probably won't even get banged by a buff kung fu master on screen

Comic EVERYONE has the muscle equivalent of a mid weight MMA fighter.

>wasting time with Mortal Kombat
There is no hope for you...

That's nice and all, but he still only looks big when he makes that pose. Dude was an ectomorph.

They look like the webs in Spider-Man's armpits, lol.

The stuff I saw at NYCC really put me off this show, he said he only trained for about 5 months with two hours of martial arts and two hours of weight training but he doesnt not look anywhere near any sorts of a figher.

Looks awful. Couldn't even lift for this shit?

I'm probably happier this way.

>When are they going to stop casting people with no martial arts training as martial artist characters?
>when are they going to stop casting people with no medical training as doctors?
>when are they going to stop casting people with no legal education as lawyers?
>when are they going to stop casting people with no scientific training as physicists?

His bodyfat level may have helped kill him, tho.

Wait, is this out? I haven't been following

At the risk of derailing the thread, do people still care about the race shit or has that all died down?

March

The photoshopping on those anterior serrati is terrible.

You think Chris Evans or Henry Cavill get jacked because they want to? They always talk about how much they fucking hate it, it's part of the contract.

doctors, lawyers and physicists don't put up kinetic action on stage.

And a little EMT training absolutely would help an actor in a surgery show.

>when are they going to stop casting people with no medical training as doctors?

Probably when doctors on TV are expected to perform real surgery on screen, the way that martial artists on TV are expected to perform real martial arts on screen.

You can fake surgery, since the average person doesn't know wtf actually goes on, and believes the BS seen in forensics and medical shows because of that. House created so many armchair surgeons it isn't even funny. Most of you still think the frigging defibrillators bring people back from the dead once their heart stops. On the other hand, you can't fake proper punches and kicks.

>comparing a white boy to the god bruce lee
delete this

Nice strawmen, dildo. The last 3 can be faked easily. The writers just have to make up some shit that sounds believable.

>The other shows actually had a POINT and a strong vision
yeah
thats worrying me too

He does two and half hours of some marital art

that's not what a strawman is kid, that was reductio ad absurdum

I think CM Punk was bigger than him.

>TFW you could beat up Iron Fist

>tfw you'll never rape iron twink

Needs a haircut at least.

Evans even complains about it and he also said he was jealous of Hemsworth because Hemsworth got more gains than Evans with less effort.

He looks like fucking shit.

>tfw we'll never get a Shang-Chi series played by Donnie Yen

Gross. I guess it can't be as bad as Luke Cage (since Luke Cage was bad on purpose). Daredevil Season 2 ditched Season 1's masterful choreography. Will they go all out for this to at least sell the character?

>(since Luke Cage was bad on purpose)
Can you elaborate?

I don't like that tattoo.