Is it over for Clooney?

Is it over for Clooney?

is it over for Spacey?

Is it over for Damon?

I do hope it's over for Hollywood.

AAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>dumbass, sheltered, liberal millionaire fails to juggle social satire and racial commentary
COLOR ME SURPRISED

It's Karma baby, that's what you get for being a Rape Enabler.

People are sick of rich white folk telling broke white folk what a problem they are as they protect rapists and scumbags as if we'd never find out. So clooney and his ilk will start to fade for a bit. But one day they'll sleaze their way back into public affection.

Is this saying suburbicon tanked AND Harvey Weinsteins amityville movie made 700 dollars in one headline?

As an actor? No.
As a director? Still no. Dude has enough money to self fund projects if he really wants to.

I think he'll avoid the political commentary shit along with potential weinsteins the next time he gets a 2nd chance to direct.

I'd say his days of trying to be a director are pretty much over. He's had many chances and all have flopped and been paned

what you don't have the autism to sift through unreadable headlines?

Has Clooney directed anything that wasnt incredibly boring

I've noticed this common thread in all his movies

What company will wanna pick up his films though? All his directing films have been flops and critically negative

What retard thought this was a murder mystery? I saw it today and enjoyed the hell out of it. It's the darkest comedy I've seen in a long damn time.

looked heavy handed just watching the tv ad for it

>dude the suburbs are craaaazy lmao (white people)

nah im good

turns out people don't like being told what opinions to have by rich jews

Clooney is just a dopey handsome guy that made a bunch of Oscar bait in the past 10 years and thinks it makes him smart

>le white ppl are crazy and BAD
>the 50s were actually really BAD
how on earth did this fail

Flops yeah but he's made some films that critics favored. Ides of March, and Confessions of a dangerous mind

I'm excited to see this.
A low score on RT typically means it's good.

But yeah, bad move on Clooneys part to make a film about white people in the golden era of America.

>a 2nd chance to direct
he did The Monuments Men

Clooney desperately wants to be a Coen Brother director with how his style pretty much rips off from them

He's gonna be next president screencap me

art reflects the artist

The poster/name remind me so much of that shitty show Rubicon.

From looking at promo shots and the TV commercial it reminds me of A Serious Man and I haven't even seen that movie.

It's closer to "Ladykillers," at least in terms of story.

Clooney has been playing at being a director since like 04

To add, my biggest gripe with this movie is that it teased one of my favorite tropes then didn't deliver.

I'm struggling to find a real name for it, but it's when the big-talking villain is utterly BTFO by the revelation that the "protagonist" is actually far more evil and ruthless than the villain is.

Yea well he made a lot of money off that tequila so hes a genius and youre not, fucking hater.

"Ides of March" is pretty kino.

is it even possible for a major hollywood film to only make less than 800 dollars?

Back to hawking espresso machines.

There is a movie, I think it stars Tom Sizemore, that is famous for the movie with the highest budget who made less money than every other movie, it was something around 20 Dollars on a Budget of 5 million.

Clooney does movies like the Ocean's movies, to do those boring movies. Or, used to. He thinks he's an "artist".

I'm sure the Coen Bros will throw him work, from now on. He's got beyond fuck you money at this point, as long as current wife doesn't divorce him.

I could tell this was gonna be a stinker when I saw the trailer before bladerunner

A Serious Man was good, I liked it, but most people won't.

It was nothing like Ladykillers. At all. In any way.

>I'm sure the Coen Bros will throw him work, from now on.
He just butchered one of their scripts and you think that somehow puts him in their good graces?

>dude those law-abiding, tax paying white people in the suburbs sure are the real menace to society lmao
>flops

good

It would've been passable if he had just filmed the original script, but he had to go and "improve" it.

>hawking espresso machines

what was the original script?

>George likes to "add a little present" to every 100th pod... Enjoy

what did he mean by this?

It was a standard Coen brothers crime drama with dark humor, Clooney added in the racial tension shit

Not as a director, dummy. He's made lots of money for them as an actor, however. You don't get how Hollywood works, do you? The Coens had no money on the line here, this is all the studio's loss.

They'll hire him again. Just watch.

Yeah, it totally was. Literally every bad person foils every other bad person, while any agency on the part of the true protagonist is largely irrelevant.

He pisses in every 1/100 sachet

I have no idea. I didn't even believe that was real at first.

That's the most specious connection between two movies I've ever seen.

Just walk away from the keyboard.

Get out of the US sometime. Go to Japan, especially, actors and actresses make BIG cash hawking shit outside the US. The only surprise here is that the ads were shown in the US.

Oh, so you think it had more in common with "A Serious Man" then? I was making a comparison about the story elements, not a scene-by-scene comparison.

I was talking about the "little present" line. Turns out that's not on the original. Well-played, whoever added that.

Fake news

I'm more concerned about the Coen bros, wtf are they doing letting Jolie and Clooney direct their scripts

I mean only a couple years back and they wrote one for Spielberg himself so it's not all bad

At least Spielberg is a good director
Maybe they just don't give a shit anymore
I mean, their last film was Hail, Caesar

>Maybe they just don't give a shit anymore
The Suburbicon script is 30 years old and they didn't intend on using it. Why wouldn't they give it to someone else so that they get some money for little work?
They've written scripts for plenty of poorly received movies they didn't direct.

How wide was the release? That's absurdly low.

Yeah but in the past few years it feels like they're becoming screenwriters more than directors

They don't have time to direct all the shit they come up with. It's all fine to give the lesser material to others begging fro scraps.

I like seeing Clooney fail. Most smug asshole on this planet, with his crossed legs and coffee mug.

It's clear that they've lost their touch ever since Hail, Caesar!

Hail, Caesar was great but it was clear they were just having fun

the second line is about another movie

>It's clear they've lost their touch since the last movie they did

Good Night and Good Luck won an oscar didn't it?

I could be wrong, but I thought that's because they're working on a tv show for netflix.

I'm sure he'll still be able to huck shitty coffee.
Be hell funny if his wife divorce rapes him though.

Harambe lives.

Because they can write scripts that they don't necessarily want to direct themselves or they do commissions for other people to fund their own projects.