Newsarama actually said this about Civil War II

Newsarama actually said this about Civil War II

KEK

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/29532-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-1.html
newsarama.com/29741-best-shots-review-marvel-s-civil-war-ii-2-quickly-burning-off-the-initial-goodwill.html
newsarama.com/30099-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-3.html
newsarama.com/30414-best-shots-reviews-civil-war-ii-4-titans-1-future-quest-3-more.html
newsarama.com/31124-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-5.html
newsarama.com/31741-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-6.html
newsarama.com/32115-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-7.html
newsarama.com/32541-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-8.html
newsarama.com/29577-best-shots-rapid-fire-reviews-civil-war-ii-1-batman-rebirth-1-casanova-acedia-5-more.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The bar was not set high.

>Bendis at his best
>Visually stunning

Well, they're not wrong.

It's absolutely not Bendis at his best. It's among Bendis at his worst.

True

Well at his current best at least, what was the last decent comic that he did?

Also GotG is Bendis at his worst.

>actually buying this shit

it's Bendis at his best if you consider best to mean "at his most Bendis" and CW2 is definitely Bendis at his most Bendis

Most Bendis?

Infamous Iron Man

>the last decent comic that he did?

The first 80 or so issues of Ultimate Spider-Man.

meme

>Bendis at his best
>nothing to imply Bendis at his best isn't fucking awful
Not really seeing the issue.

>"Bendis delivers another psychological Tour de France with his unique style of writing"

Ouch

>this is Bendis at his best
But they're not wrong....

>Tour de France
Ein?

Why is there a Civil War II? What did they infight about this time? Not enough bad guys to fight, so they just decided to fight each other again for the lols?

Minority Report.
They literally just did the plot of Minority Report.

Minority report emphasis on minority

Minority Report, but everyone acts like an idiot to make the plot work.

>Minority Report.
Enough of this meme, it's nothing like Minority Report.

You're right.
Minority Report was GOOD.

that's just a lie isn't it

Well shit

That ever been Bendis

Basically an inhuman comes around that can see the future and they stop a celestial using his warning and then tony finds out and gets upset and then they find out thanos is coming to earth with a big gun and put together a team to stop him but war machine dies and she hulk went into a coma via teet seeking missle

This makes tony even more furious while carol is bummed because she was with rhodey (who bendos killed because he thought hed die in the movie) and ahe tries to keep using inhuman who after tony kidnaps and tortures him gives everyone i. The room a visio. Of banner hulk killing all the heroes. Problem is banner was cured so they take everyone to confront him and hawleye kills him saying how he saw green in his eyes

Why are marvel events so retarded as of late? Or maybe they were always retarded and I just didn't notice.

they were always retarded

It depends. There were events like Secret Wars II, The Crossing, The Twelve and that were utter non-sense, but Civil War was the first one of its style and most later events were trying to recapture the same feeling but even more contrived.

>current best
What the fuck does that even mean?

Benis thread :DDDD

seriously though, bendis hasn't been good since the turn of the century

In my sleep deprived state I read that as
>fight each other for the lolis
That, I might actually read.

You know...usually the bad selling trades gets critical praise on them. Why is Marvel so convinced that people liked CWII?

>implying normies don't wanna buy the latest trades to polish on their shelves for being lol such a nerd:p

This. I liked ultimate spiderman and alias back in 2001. i had insanely high hopes for this guy, and now he's just a fat has-been struggling for original ideas

You know, I really hope that Marvel learns a lesson after this event, but I doubt it.

Which is ironic because his DD and USM were just retelling of other stories.

... in a refreshing new way

What's really funny is that it never really seemed like Bendis really had it. I mean, yeah, I got all his USM and shit, but you kind of notice the same plots and trends everywhere. If I were to be brutally honest, I think Bendis should have been in video games. I mean, all his stories just feel more like video game levels than anything beyond "Big evil bad guy the heroes have to punch to death"

You're surprised that Newsarama gave this shit praise? Marvel is trying to turn Bendis into the next Alan Moore.

Powers was good and pretty original for its time

Hell, the fucker has "The Best of Bendis" books!
Even Bendis variants devoted to his "Memorable moments"

I'll never understand Bendis fans.

As was the original Alias run, at least for cape comics.

So i guess Bendis suffers from the same problem as Steven Moffat. He's really good at doing his own thing when someone else is incharge, but the moment you make him incharge, spaghetti everywhere

Why is Marvel convinced people liked the first Civil War to begin with? I mean it had a interesting argument, but the only real appeal in the story was seeing the Avengers infighting. Everything else was rather dumb what with the flip flopping and Tony doing the wrong choices with Reed (like always)

Or Tim Schafer

>Well at his current best at least
Even then that's not true. His Invincible Iron Man, Infamous Iron Man, and Jessica Jones are all marginally better than CWII. Still not particularly good, but at least better.

Old Man Logan was pretty decent.

*cough*muh MCU*cough*

Oh dear God, The FUCKING Twelve. That shit was such a clusterfuck that it got me to drop Marvel for close to a decade. The issue that ended with Cyclops and Apocalypse fusing was the last Marvel comic I read until, like, 2008.

There's also the fact that what was new and novel about Bendis' writing was popular enough that other writers started doing it too, and doing it much better, while Bendis just proceeded to stop innovating and just phone it in for the rest of his career. So Bendis peaked at the beginning of his career and just kept sliding down in quality since, while the people that were "inspired" by Bendis while building on it.

But it kickstarted his character development.

>Why is Marvel convinced people liked the first Civil War to begin with?
It is the ULTIMATE casualbait book. Since it came out, it never stopped being Marvel's best seller among trades.

People who have never read any Marvel Comics love Civil War. People who have despise Civil War. Unfortunately, there's significantly more people that don't actively read comics than do.

Oddly enough MCU Civil War was arguably better than the source material it derives from, which is something I dont often say. Sure Tony is guilt tripped, Steve goes full retard because of Bucky, and Zemo was under-utilized, but its better than Peter unmasking and Tony's army of villains

Yeah, in hindsight and after the fact. At the time, it was the straw that broke the camels back in an event that was nothing but "let's keep throwing shit at the wall and hope something sticks while trying to tie up plotlines that were hyped up despite clearly never having an endgame planned." It was like everything wrong about Harras' tenure as EiC boiled down into one garbage crossover.

yeah, i don't play vidya though

i guess atleast Alan Moore had the sense to reinvent his style and keep innovating throughout his career to stay relevant. Bendis is like if Moore still continued to do dark edgy stories and nothing else

Have you seen the pretentiousness people are about Civil War? I mean, the fake trailers for the film were all about the American flag waving, hearing famous speeches, and acting like it's the biggest god damn story there ever was at Marvel! It was voted 2nd place in the top 75 Marvel stories, and 1 was death of Gwen Stacy!

Civil War sells out all the time. The mythology of the series goes beyond the book itself.

yeah. it suffered the biggest hype (and the biggest hype backlash) marvel had ever encountered, and is atleast partly responsible for all the shitty modern marvel events

"This is Bendis at his best" is not necessarily a compliment.

If the sentence continued "... a disappointing, meandering waste of time, lacking direction or anything resembling the titular 'War'. Bendis once again proves his time has passed and that Marvel needs a new star" it would be more or less an accurate review of CW2.

I'll never understand Bendis. He is not a competent writer on any level. He would fail in a literature class, and be drummed out of a creative writing course.

Did you not read the Newsarama reviews?

newsarama.com/29532-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-1.html

Best Shots Review: CIVIL WAR II #1 Promises 'Big Goals' & Delivers 'Massive Tragedies'
'Rama Rating: 7 out of 10
Review by Richard Gray

newsarama.com/29741-best-shots-review-marvel-s-civil-war-ii-2-quickly-burning-off-the-initial-goodwill.html

BEST SHOTS REVIEW: Marvel's CIVIL WAR II #2 - 'Quickly Burning Off the Initial Goodwill'
Review by David Pepose
‘Rama Rating: 3 out of 10

newsarama.com/30099-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-3.html

Best Shots Review: CIVIL WAR II #3 - [REDACTED]'s Death Surprising, Shocking, Abrupt - SPOILERS
By David Pepose, Best Shots Team Lead
‘Rama Rating: 6 out of 10

newsarama.com/30414-best-shots-reviews-civil-war-ii-4-titans-1-future-quest-3-more.html

Civil War II #4
Review by David Pepose

"Heroes fighting heroes. An Avenger on trial. An Inhuman with a power to profile the future."

"And all that Civil War II can elicit is a yawn."

newsarama.com/31124-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-5.html

Best Shots Review: CIVIL WAR II #5's 'Sheer Fun Hard To Deny'
‘Rama Rating: 8 out of 10

newsarama.com/31741-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-6.html

Best Shots Review: CIVIL WAR II #6 'Painfully Dull' & 'All Talk' (3/10)

newsarama.com/32115-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-7.html

Best Shots Review: CIVIL WAR II #7 'Biggest Moments Feel Calculated Rather Than Organic'
‘Rama Rating: 6 out of 10

newsarama.com/32541-best-shots-review-civil-war-ii-8.html

Best Shots Review: CIVIL WAR II #8 'Limps Across The Finish Line' (3/10)
By Justin Partridge, Best Shots Reviewer

Oh yeah, forgot this one. This is where the quote on the cover came from:

newsarama.com/29577-best-shots-rapid-fire-reviews-civil-war-ii-1-batman-rebirth-1-casanova-acedia-5-more.html

Different reviewer than the others and also only gave the first issue a 10/10.

Didn't he teach writing?

Bendis taught writing.

What's your point? Anita Sarkeesian gets paid to talk about video games. Would you consider her an authority on Video games? Do you consider Bendis an authority on writing?

how did they cherry pick so hard? Newsarama was pretty negative with it's opinions on Civil War II

Who?
In any case, a teacher has to go under credential review and oversight to make sure the students are actually learning.

Having gone through the "credential review" and "oversight" myself, you'd be surprised at who they let teach.

I think he only has honorary degrees.

they're charging 50 bucks for that shit!

fantastic