So, does this show have no real plot?

So, does this show have no real plot?

The Lich episodes are actually quite good imo, but the whole show just seems like filler with no main story to follow. I love the show, it has wonderful lore, etc.

But where's the story?

SoL shows don't need to have stories

>Adventure Time
>slice of life

why would the WHOLE show have a plot?
what's the story of star trek?

>35 episodes of filler
*insert meta / story*
Repeats itself over and over again

It doesn't need a 'story', you absolute faggot. If anything, forcing dumb continued plotlines is a large contributing factor that made the show worse.

>but the whole show just seems like filler with no main story to follow
that is how I felt about every cartoon as a kid

> look at the picture
> realise LSP, FP, Ice King, Cinnamon Bun and Lemongrab haven't had any significance in ages
> realise it's gonna stay that way

Like how old are you? 16?

It's called Adventure Time.
It's about a kid and his magic dog and they go on adventures.
Anything that isn't the kid and his magic dog going on adventures is just worldbuilding to give more context to their adventures.

If you went in looking for the PLOT, you'll be let down. Stuff happens. There's a narrative. But the overarching plot is just that there's a kid and he has adventures.

I havent watched adventure time in forever.
Bravest warriors appeals to me more. Its more cutloose.

On one hand, I hate shows where it's like 6 episodes of standalone goofy shenanigans or monster of the week, and then it fully commits itself to the story ad you have to watch every episode in order. But I also hate how adventure time won't answer our damn questions already. At this point I have no questions to ask whatsoever yet still feel empty about it. The filler episodes in adventure time are either pretty good but forgettable or completely forgettable anyway.

Can we have some kind of word filter for 'filler' on this board?

Yes, Adventure Time is predominantly a slice of life show.

>But where's the story?
I think Steven Universe is more your flavor

no

There are shows, even Western ones, where the entire duration is taken up by a single story.

Fuck no, don't send him our way, he'll start whining about Steven Universe's "filler" too.
If for some reason you haven't yet, watch Avatar the Last Airbender, and if you have to have more after that, you might as well check out Legend of Korra too. I couldn't get into the second one, but if you have to have overarching plots, that has them.

>"filler"
You know perfectly well SU has legitamate filler

Avatar is a better answer, but SU at the very least has more of a story behind it

Steven Universe does "filler" episodes way better than Adventure Time imo.

They setup things that will be used later on but they still stand strong enough on their own to be watched in any almost any order.

Filler episodes are used in anime to avoid catching up with the source material. How does the concept of filler episodes apply to SU or AT?

The point is nether show has filler.

Steven Universe is consistent and far more planned out.
Adventure Time is kinda all over the place

It's an X-Files type story that seems like it's going somewhere but never does and even when it gets revived it still doesn't bother to go anywhere.

I think there's only a handful of legit filler episodes, mostly around the first season.

Future Boy Zoltron, Beach City Drift, Restraunt Wars and Kiki's Pizza are legit fillers that come to mind from recent seasons tho

That's what makes AT so charming though. Each episode can be about literally anything.

This is what made me lost interest in AT honestly.

It seems very apparent that it was never meant to have a serious story from the get go

It doesn't. Why is filler popping up so much these days in the wrong context?

I, perhaps misguidedly, made a new thread that goes over some recent plot stuff it you really want to learn about the major plot elements. But yes, unfortunately it is kinda all over the place. I feel bad for anybody trying to find a solid place to just jump into the show at. Season 6? Season 7? Just Islands itself??? Psht. Who knows. This is great for long-time fans, because we always get something new, but for somebody who just doesn't care that much? It must really blow.

>Adventure Time is kinda all over the place
Adventure Time also has Hall of Agress

SU, better story, but no such stand alone masterpiece.

I don't like the later seasons of AT, but I really loved Hall of Agress.