Perfect shows don't exi-

Perfect shows don't exi-

I'd like to see CN pick up more mini-series like this.

It wasn't perfect. It was great, but not perfect.

>deny it not being perfect
>doesn't post any flaws
Come on man.

*deny it being perfect

that one dream sequence episode was legit boring

still best cartoon ever created though

Can Sup Forums die already?

>that one dream sequence episode was legit boring
I don't agree with that at all

God, CN should do shows like this for every season. Like, not with the same characters or anything, but a miniseries that captures the spirit of winter, summer, and spring.

why must you start threads for my favorite show like this op

agreed

though the americana setting captures the spirit of fall really well, what sort of setting would a show about winter have?

my favorite cartoon series of all time.

I liked there wasn't this huge hype around it, besides hearing that Elijah was going to VA for some show on CN.

A lot of people have it as their least favorite, but it's my favorite

Sorry user it's just that this is one of the only instances I can think of in which the meme is right so I couldn't lose the chance

Don't be a faggot, op. I like OTGW but there's no need to shitpost about it

god damn this was a weird show

From this and space patrol luluco i honestly just think that dumbass quote "brevity is the soul of wit" actually applies to cartoons.
You can spend a million episodes establishing a world and characters.
You can spend years crafting a fuckhuge story.
But, when it comes to cartoons, I honestly think having a contained plot with a great ending is more important. Establish the world in little details or things characters say/do. I don't need to see every single village to believe it's there.

The one (nitpicky) flaw I have about it is that the art style seemed a little too modern for the subject matter.
The opening title card immediately brought stuff like Snow White and to mind, not modern forms that are a bit cleaner and stiffer than they used to be.

That said it's a lot better than many other American animated things on TV recently

The fucking soundtrack, now THAT is perfection.

Has anybody been following the comic series for OTGW? I feel it misses a lot of the atmosphere without the musical direction.

>brevity is the soul of wit
>dumbass quote

Nigga that's Billy Shakes you're talking about. Read Hamlet sometime. I mean, your overall point isn't wrong, but goddamn, a little respect.

The dream sequence could've been a lot better, it kinda felt shoehorned or badly executed

>Perfect shows don't exit
But it did.

>had mom who went to school for music education
>listened to OtGW score on a car trip
>she kept commenting on all the different genres/styles used
It was really wonderful to see how the creators drew so much from history in all respects, not just the animation references

>what sort of setting would a show about winter have?

Russian folklore.

I give it props for be-gracing us with the uber-catchy tune of 'potatoes and molasses', but episode 3 just sorta felt like filler,sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the series which nicely ties directly back into the main plot.

They misspelled "committee" in that episode.

Literally the show's only flaw.

It really wasn't amazing, the show was really rushed and I never got attached to any of the characters because most of the episodes felt barely connected.

I didn't care for Greg until the last few episodes or so.

I get that he's meant to be a comedic light in the darkness, but the way he wasn't scared or affected at all by any of the terrifying things they saw was a little jarring. Like he was in a completely different world from everyone else.

Greg was a BIG part of why I didn't get into it as much as I wanted to

I wasn't a huge fan of this episode, but the few seconds they focus on the inexplicably depressed dog might be the funniest bit on the show for me.