/STD/

STD has gone viral for Season 2!!!

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=953PkxFNiko
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_crystal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

[X] SAVE THE WHALES

Can any of you tell me what you liked about this episode? Cause i'm rolling my eyes every 20 seconds.

This show is depressing me.

OPTIONS
1. Blow up 1 space whale and easily save entire crew

OR

2. Try to Scooby Doo a time looping serial killer

This was a fun episode.

inb4 time-lords come in and cry "waah, they could have done x or y" and "everyone's an asshole! where's muh trek!" grow a pair already?

Indeed, the ratings for STD keep going up and experts in SciFi are calling it the best SciFi show ever made. Many critics are saying that all STD needs to do now is sit back and count the emmies because their show has diversity which is why its dancing on the graves of GoT and TWD.

>Just throw out any legit complaints and you can enjoy it!

Discovery or STD or whatever is badly written and plain not fun or good.

Why is it even called trek?

>STD or whatever is badly written and plain not fun or good.
Then why is STD doing a victory dance over getting renewed for being the most popular show in the world right now, while Orville is cancelled because everyone hates it and only idiots watch it.

What the fuck happened to the whale? They ever get that spaceship out of its belly?

Note: the whale died on its way back to its home planet.

I thought it was a brilliant episode. One of the best bits of Star Trek I can remember.

Thing is, the plot here is the relationship between Burnham and Tyler. And it's amazing to watch how it plays out the different times. And the time where they connect the most, he dies, she kills herself, it's Romeo and Juliet-esque. And that timeline is lost, where they made that connection, and that's actually, y'know, sad. That could be the start of something amazing, but no, they both die horribly, and now they're back to sort of awkward again. Except not quite, because Stamets knows, and they know, and it's weird, but we're not back to the usual TV episode reset position. I thought it that side of it was great.

That's the heart of the episode there. The stuff with Mudd is great too, but it's a character episode mainly and a brilliantly executed one.

I also love how Tilly has evolved to become the cool friend because Burnham is so hopeless. It feels very natural for two friends like that, Burnham gives her the confidence that makes her a much more rounded person, and as she's grown she's taking Burnham with her.

Explain to me how the orville was connected to anything i said?

Does anyone genuinely enjoy this or we all trolling?

I just wonder who wastes they're free time on this crap

Mostly trolling. I gave up on STD after ep03. But I haven't and won't jump on the Orville bandwagon because Seth MacFarlane makes me cringe. So I just troll these threads to get my Star Trek fix.

I enjoyed it.

What did the cbs shill meme by this?

Don't they realize that shilling makes it only fail harder with fans?
Is this shit so easy to do on reddit? is that why they are trying it here?

It's not Family Guy or Ted in space. Seth tones it down a great deal. Last episode he was barely in it

Was he this awful in TOS
or is it just the actor/director/dialog?

>Inhumans
>Big Bang Theory
>Star Trek Discovery
>Big Mouth
>American Horror Story
>The Walking Dead
>Fear the Walking Dead
wow there's some really shitty shows out there right now

>uhhh you don't like Discovery?
>YOU MUST BE AN ORVILLEFAG
dumb fucking viral marketer

>No one is able to explain what they liked about this episode

>Michael
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I liked watching all the characters die.

how long can you run a streaming service on imagenary viewers and illusory fan acclaim?

youtube.com/watch?v=953PkxFNiko

why is she so ...

Why did they have to make her the focus I want to see more of qt redheaded helmsman.

IS THERE NO FUCKING SECURITY ON THE BRIDGE??? EVEN FUCKING WORF JUMPED OVER A CONSOLE OR 2 WHEN SOME UNAUTHORIZED FUCK WOULD TRY TO SEIZE CONTROL

my name is mud

FUCKING AWFULL

jesus christ this fucking show

Fuck off and go watch the Cuckville

>he doesn't like the show he must be an orville fan
you are so fucking insecure

I can no longer tell who is ironically pretending the show is good and who actually believes it is.

>not a story arc episode
>still average

yawn i might just wait till theseason is done with then ill give it another watch

Why not just fuck off and leave these threads for the fans

>story arc
WHAT FUCKING story arc why did the captain kill everyone but the fucking queen of the ship why didnt he finish her off

all five of you

>negative opinions can fuck off
No

>augment-fu just sat and stared at mud instead of blasting him with her arm cannon

shameful. the bravest person on the bridge was that random black communications officer.

I still know jack shit about her character

Because we are too busy watching the Groundhog Day In Space

remember when data was special guys

Time crystals are real apparently

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_crystal

I think she's an alien with cybernetics not an android.

Ok but it's not a literal crystal you wear on your fucking arm

Yes welcome to science fiction dingus, extrapolating real scientific concepts in speculative ways

*lazy half assed ways

Fucking tardigrades in space meme, time crystals being a clock stoppers watch.

>ripping of window of opportunity
>failing at it

seriously how

WACKO

>Mudd could do anything because he always knew what they were going to do and could respond in kind
>They didn't have Robowaifu seed her random number generator from the one thing that isn't constant - Mudd's lifescans, then have her beat him up

We don't know if she is robot or not.

Hey look, it's the lower case autist who doesn't know who John Glenn is. Please get a trip mate.

>hours after episode airs

>dead thread

really makes you think

not him but wow you are a faggot if you think people that don't capitalize their letters are the same person

>a bearded unkempt psychopath tortures and slaughters the entire crew of the Discovery in horrifically painful ways over and over and over, hundreds of times, in a repeating time loop, and at the end of the episode simply walks off scot-free with no repercussions and everyone has a good laugh because no one "really died".

This shit isn't trek.

STD generals are clearing out almost as fast as Orville did. Either there's really not much to talk about or the hype is all artificial and CBS ran out of marketing budget, not sure which is worse

They met their 2017 shill budget

now STD shills are going to /trek/ threads to shill their shit there when they always have two threads up. FUCK OFF STD STAY OUT OF /trek/ THREADS

It's not only that, he is also constantly shitting on Discovery without being able to form coherent arguments. When you get him into a debate he will autistically scream "CBS shill!!!" + there are some other very obvious repeating speech pattersn and constant same fagging. Also reddit spacing. Keep watching the threads, he's easy to spot and doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.
>inb4 CBS shills
The show has some major flaws. Orville is pleb garbage tho.
There is viral marketing but there is no need to shill NEETs on Sup Forums. The marketing is happening on Facebook, Twitter etc. You know, where people with actual lifes spend their time. I think it's cute tho that people shitting on the show think they are taking part in some kind of anti-capitalist free-thinking resistance. As if anyone would ever pay attention to them and their garbage opinions.

>reddit spacing
wow, STD truly is the Sup Forums-approved show, at last I truly see, thank you captain cbs shill

not him again but STD is terrible imo. there is no redeeming quality about this show

It took the original is dis nigga srs hilarity of Mudd and turned it into an unironically postmodern grimdark edgy fable about the dangers of playing with dangerous technology... TO YOUR MIND.

>denying TOS had a Q

Hail to the king, baby.

Are you autistic?

Everyone here knows Sup Forums is not where most people go for TV related stuff. Most normies thing Sup Forums = Sup Forums. We're just chatting amongst ourselves. That said, the shills dig into dark corners so they have certainly posted here. But I agree, they would spend more effort of Facebook etc. That said, you can easily see on here that people don't like this shit. Forget about Orville. Irrelevant to the discussion of the quality of STD, Shills and contrarians just spit it out to distract from the subject.

The first 70% of this episode was unwatchable if you like Star Trek

I get that people have that opinion. What I don't get, and never got in 10+ years here, why you would keep watching and talk about it.
Can't disagree desu but as I stated there needs to be more of a discussion than just reeeeing at each other. But maybe I am just getting too old.
J O H N G L E N N
O
H
N

G
L
E
N
N

To be fair, as shit as the show is, Rainn Wilson is the only entertaining aspect of the show. They just gave him a horrible episode. He managed to capture the sleazy character without making it a cartoonish impersonation. Hope they give him better to work with.

>10+ years here

seek help

First for flandardization

only watched the first episode and that's it. after that decided i didn't want to watch more. it was actually disorienting with too many dutch angles and lens flare. im only here to to tell you to stay in your fucking general. you STD cunts come into /trek/ and start talking about STD.. fuck off there are always at least 2 STD threads thanks to CBS so talk about it there. when you come in my old trek threads and shit it up with STD promo posters and pics you can fuck off

>>Is this shit so easy to do on reddit? is that why they are trying it here?
Unironically yes.

On that platform your dissenting opinion can be suppressed and other people will hop onto the opinion to avoid being on the perceived losing side. only a retard would think /r/startrek wasn't being astroturfed to hell and back.

Its trek so no

no sweaty it's not

>implying I can ever leave
It's not like I am wasting my life tho. Just my free time, got my degree and stuff.
I never ever did that tho. I have been watching ST since before I could read and have a fucking Star Trek diorama in my office so I am more on the purist side of things. To me the bigger problem in /trek/ are Sup Forumstards imho.

>sweaty
learn to spell first, Discovery is Trek so fuck off back to orville

>It's not like I am wasting my life tho. Just my free time, got my degree and stuff.

Why even lie on the internet?

TOS Mudd was just a charismatic con man. STD Mud is an insane serial killer.

it's a dip you meme go back to wherever you came from
not accusing you of doing that i just said im only here to tell the shills not to come into my old trek threads. anyone you says they can talk about STD in /trek/ is either a shill or a troll

>i am NEET so everyone else here is
Not even going to argue but I am even getting my PhD soon.

Maybe watch star trek first before you post

STD isn't star trek sweaty

This is really sad

Because its good?

God LARP faggots are the worst

no because it is literally an alternate universe

>as shit as the show is

Y'all white humans need to cut this shit out and accept that Disco is logically VOY repaired with the proper main character. No one gave a shit about Janeway getting home to feed her fucking dog.

You'll get your Seven of Nine eventually. You've still got a few seasons of unmagical girl Tilly before she shows everyone how she spiced up her uniform with a red shirt first.

pathetic

an alternate universe where every character is uninteresting and mentally deficient

I knew voyagerfags would fucking betray star trek

>this show

Don't get why you think that but whatever. Off to the archiv now :^)

Who is your favorite captain guys?