Marvel Mangaverse

Should Marvel give the Mangaverse another chance? Maybe a reboot?

>liking manga
>he thinks filthy Jap trash is good

Thanks for the bump I guess

Get actual Nips to do it
Also closure to Suffering-Man

>This guy lives here so he's good, but this guy lives here so he's bad!!

Hired better artist next time

I'm talking about Marvel not OP pic

I would rather see stuff like that Attack on Titan v. Marvel heroes deal, or even better a mini series of some of Marvel's Mainstays meeting the My Hero Academia cast.

..Please?

Deku would flip his shit meeting Cap.

>amerimanga
99% chance of a recipe for disaster.

This would be a better start.

that webcomic still update?

I just checked actually, yes.

>99% chance of a recipe for disaster.

what's the other 1%?

>Should Marvel give the Mangaverse another chance?

No, probably not.
It wasn't very good.

Hell, even when they got Kia Asamiya on X-Men proper it wasn't very good, because of Chuck Austen.

Thanks user!

I've heard the Dirty Pair comics were pretty good

I wouldn't mind one shot alternate universe stories made by Japanese artists and writers. Though I also would prefer them writing their main universe with mostly self contained stories with singular writers specializing on one character at a time.

only with real manga artist

Would people still care today? I thought that the Mangaverse was a response to the Tokyopop boom of the early to mid 2000's. Wouldn't make much sense to bring it back today.

However, if they did, they should really get actual mangakas to make them, even if they end up being one shots or a single anthology issue.

If Marvel gonna give another try, they should hired Takeshi Miyazawa & Marcus To as the artist.

well, just let japs do and then translate completely for US.

>mfw no complete x-men
>mfw no complete moon knight by gosaku ota
>mfw no complete spider-man j without shitty adaptations.

1/2

2/2

Marvel should just hire japanese artists and just let them do their thing.

Marvel always fuck up their mangas and animes asking for them to be more "japanese", while the japanese artists themselves never fuck up and never try to be "more japanese".

Only if they got actual mangaka to do it and by that I mean ones of some note. Sesuji's ending, let Yokota do an X-Students book.

Well that and Asamiya's art style does not work with American inking/coloring.

there was x-cops manga?
>google
you fucker

How many there were volumes of japanese x-men manga, and can I find it online?

>people saying that it can't work

Remember Evangelion Spider-Man?

One of the only good things out of Spiderverse?

13 and no.

aw shit. now my dreams are ruined

actually there are 26 issues translated by marvel, but isnt close to the actual volume of japan, just like suffering-man,

Oh my god, that art is really bad.

Did the whole series look this outrageously shitty?

no, this isnt bad, its comedic,now THIS is bad.

they change the artist after each arc/episode.

oh yeah, I see it now.

american version has 26 volumes with around 30 pages, so it means that we have like...
(calculating)
actually 6 japanes volumes, with 7 volumes untranslated, and unscanned, amiright?

it really sickens me that no one ever thought of at least scanning the raw manga for us

This mangaverse image is always good for a cringe--I mean, laugh

I liked that Gits reference.

>it really sickens me that no one ever thought of at least scanning the raw manga for us

They're just adaptations of the 90s cartoon. Nothing to get excited about.

How about the 70s Spiderman manga?

I'm more interested in the 70s Hulk manga.

Instead of transforming when he's angry, Japanese-Bruce transforms whenever he cries. Sounds amazing.

Alright, since the overall consensus seems to be "let real mangakas do it this time", who would you hire for each title? Let's go with:

>Spider-Man
>X-Men
>Fantastic Four
>Avengers

for the first wave.

I enjoyed this. Fuck your facts.

One gem from that era

>X-Men
Eiichiro Oda

>Avengers
Kohei Horikoshi

>Fantastic Four
Naoki Urasawa

>Spider-Man
Kazue Kato

>Go Nagai

I feel like Q Hayashida would make something really fun and weird with the X-Men.

>he doesn't read JoJo

>JoJofags

Adam Warren is a big exception to Amerimanga being bad.

Most of his stuff is at least readable.

THE Go Nagai?

The very same

Classic.

Sure, why not. But this time doing it right.

>Spider-Man
Yusuke Murata does Peter, the guy from My Hero Academia does Miles
>X-Men
Claremont or Mark Waid does the writing while Araki co-writes and draws.
>Fantastic Four
Kohei Horikoshi
>Avengers
Not really drawing, but I would like to see Gen Urobuchi write for an Avengers comic.

bump

>miles
Japan doesn't like niggers

X-Men.... x-. .. ; _ ;

Japan is fine with niggers so long they act like proper people.
Just like China.

>Japan is fine with niggers so long they act like proper people.

So they're fine with imaginary niggers, then? Because those are the only kinds of niggers that act like proper people.

you guys are desperate for anything readable

The problem with the mangaverse is that it isn't really a mangaverse.
Marvel took the idea that all people like about manga is big eyes, sailot fuukos and chibi comedy. There is no true marriage between east and west.

I would love to see a western comic IP/character being used by a eastern writer/artist, or vice versa. But just having anime-ish things happen in a western comic doesn't work. People like manga for a lot more than just that shit, people want the style and the way plot progresses and the decompression.

>Reading meme manga
Jojo is just barely less entry level than One Piece and Bleach

I liked that the SP//DR mech looked like a Japanese mech instead of an American mech.

>no mention of Naruto
Is it finally dead?

Really what happened? It used to be referenced often enough, but people didn't start flipping their shit with this "jojo reference" shit until, I want to say the anime got to battle tendency. Before, they'd make their joke, have their little giggle, then leave.

Meme
As someone who has actually lived in Japan I can tell you that while there is racism towards black people, it's from the people you'd expect. Most folks are okay with blacks.

>entry level
Nigga JoJo wasn't even popular outside Japan before the anime

Hire one seinen mangaka, if it's a mangaverse, it needs one guy with a team of minions, like actual manga, and give that guy carte blanche to do whatever he wants because the endevour is temporary at best to begin with.

Like the Zetman guy, who is already known for tokusatsu stuff, which is just Japan's version of super hero shit anyway.

"popular" and "well known" are too different things mind you.

> just Japan's version of superhero stuff anyways

Clearly not, unlike modern marvel and dc, stuff like Kamen Rider is 99 percent aimed at kids. There's obviously a persistent adult fanbase like there are for lots of media, but the split is much less even than what you see for american media. I'm guessing the Kamen Rider EX-AID movie won't be a hit with dating couples like The Avengers was.

>That Akira reference

How manga like will the new wildstorm comics be?

Kamen Rider is literally a superhero, that's what that character is and is marketed as. Japan simply kept the mentality that western comics used to have about super heroes being squarely for children and tweens.

I think people wanted Marvel Mangaverse to be Marvel drawn in that style with some japanese sensibilities, not "SPIDER-MAN IS A NINJA AND THE AVENGERS HAVE ZORDS".

I'm a man and I only read slice of life and shoujo manga, so fuck off dude.

Just relaunch X-Men as the mangaverse and pay Tsutomu Nihei a dump-truck of money.

Snikt wasn't very good tee bee aych.

Wait, don't tell me you actually gave a shit about the story involved? Why would you do that? Only disappointment that way user.

it was neat, but it wasn't that great. Every page had an anime reference, big woop.

And this is one of the perfect examples if why the Mangaverse didn't work, it was made by people who can only perceive foreign media through stereotypes.

Fuck off, Sup Forums.

Depends. Do you consider changing the protagonist and title to Naruto's son, and continuing the adventure there?

bumpo