Why is it, that most of the fictional disgusting subhuman races tend to be lizards?

Why is it, that most of the fictional disgusting subhuman races tend to be lizards?
Gordanians, Argonians, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlLuC7257pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

people can empathise with other things in the rough order
>other humans
>mammals
>birds
>reptiles
>insects
>fish
>molluscs

reptiles are the lowest type on the list who can still be anthropomorphised and look ok

Reptiles tend to be naturally off-putting to us warm-blooded, non-scaly humans, so they're visually striking and effective at conveying lack of empathy in some way

There's also the age old trope that reptiles are "less evolved" than mammals and humans.

As pointed out, the less human something is, the less we're able to emphasise with it and reptiles - being the cold-blooded, slit-eyed, scaly abominations that they are - just happened to draw the evolutionary short straw.

Think of every person you've ever known who's been openly affectionate towards reptiles. They were all weirdos, right? Probably sex offenders too. That's all reptiles get: sex offenders and weirdos and sometimes Australians.

oh fuck you

we need more good guy insect characters who are actually insecty

even as chewbacca-type sidekicks

Even the good insectoid and reptilian characters are heavily anthropomorphised in order to make them more appealing.

Depends on the kind of reptile to be honest.

I know one girl that fawns over her pet tortoise. She thinks he's the cutest thing ever and goes out of her way to give him a cool as terrarium, and I'm pretty sure it eats fresher vegetables than most people.
Yet she's also one of those pretty girly girls that has a social life, a decent job, and only ever plays the vidya that her boyfriend does. She just really, really loves that tortoise.

Lizards can be cute too.

>insects above fish
Roach detected

They should introduce them in zootopia 2 to fight against another hurtful stereotype

>tfw, no lusty argonian maid

I don't want to drop this truth bomb on your brain hiroshima, user, but your female friend is probably a serial killer, a serial rapist or a politician.

Source?

Reminder that Starfire slobbered over Gordanian cawk for ten years

Don't remember. I saved these pages from a thread on /tg/. What I do remember was that it was from a few chapters of some fantasy manga, but these lizards aren't part of the whole thing, sadly.

I can dump the rest of what I saved if you like.

Aaand just dumping the next page 'cos her reaction is fucking adorable (all these pages are adorable, really)

It should be the Overlord manga.One of the volumes deals with a story seen from the lizards' point of view.

>insects
Oh...

Okay....We know when we're not wanted....

POST THE NEXT PAGE

Guess I'm storytiming this.

Btw, when this was being dumped on the /tg/ thread, I'm not sure if a bunch of pages or chapters got left out, I just saved what was there.

Just giving you a heads up.

Oh my...

>*Courting growl

>L-Lewd!

How many pictures of storefronts does captcha want?

Wait for it...

Pokemon actually proves you wrong

tfw it will outlive her

... AND CROC BLOCKED

>or a politician

I love how much she looks like she wants to kill him.

And now here's a pet hydra.

Top right has to be my favorite pic of her

Top right panel here is a perfect
>B-But that's forbidden love

What I would give for a mollusk race in fantasy.

And that's all. Hope you enjoyed the dump.

Like the game Overlord?

I have no idea what I've just read, but I'm confident the world would be a better place if it had more things like it.

This makes me wish the Overlord anime had not been as rushed as it was...

Sure did! Would read an entire series just about this.

Instinctive mammal revulsion

Alien otherness coupled with the nagging feeling that we were once the same

You know, reptilian/coldblooded races would actual rather like humans. We are warmblooded and pump off a lot of heat. How soft and smooth our skin would feel to them covered in scales would probably give them a kick. The fact humans would also live in very cold places would most likely impress the hell out of them. Our hair would also fascinate them.
Wish more media would have big/scary looking aliens/fantasy races being overly friendly towards humans and wanting to be friends with humanity.

would you hug them?

Yes

>Lizards
>Breasts
Why?

But yes.

because the Hist wanted titty lizards

Fair enough, I'm not going to argue with the Hist’s tastes.

>Courting growl
Wew muh god

If we consider the fact, that how argonians are known as either skooma dealers or sex material, jokes about argonian concubines and book about lusty argonian maid, it may be, that human and elven mages altered them for...obvious reasons.

youtube.com/watch?v=SlLuC7257pc

Pokemon are just animals.

I should've listened to my ten-year-old self and become a zookeeper

Are they though? I thought the more common trope was degenerate ape-like people? Or maybe that isn't PC anymore so lizards are the new apes?