Looper vs Blade Runner 2049

I say Looper is better

Good for you.
They're both great sci-fi and the world is richer with them in it.

You are right. “Looper” is good !!

I could never get past the part where, you have to shoot your own older version in order to close the loop. Why would you tell the hit men they were doing this, and why would any Hitman go through with it?

It's not just a stupid premise, it also ruined a potentially suspenseful situation. At least BR2049 was true to its premise.

So I guess it's been awhile since you've seen the movie, but nothing you said is correct in any way.

>Why would you tell the hit men they were doing this, and why would any Hitman go through with it?
You don't know it's you until you've done it. If they did, maybe they wouldn't go through with it. Just like you saw one of them save himself, and JGL hesitate. It's just another job, until you see the retirement money inside the corpse's clothes.
It's not that stupid of a premise, it's just something you accept going into the job. You won't live past a certain age - probably a pretty good one, considering the nature and danger of the job. You die at some point anyway, this job just chips a little off the end.

GitS 2017 is better than BR2049.

I must have seen it because I couldn't stop laughing at JGL's Alec Baldwin makeup.

The moment it got out that someday you were going to be tied up, have a bag put over your head, murdered and then thrown into a Foundry to disappear forever from your friends and family would probably be the point at which they would find Hitman recruitment wasn't going so well.

Not sure why getting rid of Hitman is the best use of time travel for a mobster anyway. Maybe sending a sports Almanac would work better? But I'm talking about a better movie...

This movie gets the Hermione Granger award for worst use of a time travel situation.

The really stupid premise is when they can't dispose body the future people choose to time travel the victim which is said to be a great crime
1. Pretty sure time travel is harder than destroying a body
2. If the police can't even punish time travel how can they punish murder
3. The looper killers have to be closed in case they report on time travel. So you send gunmen to china to catch the retired loopers and send them back...don't you worry about the gunmen reporting you to the police?

@89596581
(You)

Looper had great world building but then decided to spend most of the movie on a farm.

Why not send them back with a bomb strapped to them instead of relying on a person on the other end?

yes, enjoy Looper goyi... i mean... fuck whats a chinese person's word for white cattle?

joseph gordon reddit is insufferable

I am aware of the problems caused by time travel. I say Looper is better because its style matches its content
I list this as a soft sci-fi so I don't need it to be very "reasonable"
The irony and absurdity of the situation were what the movie was aiming for. And it worked great, with its design of a world that is neither Mad Max nor Ghost in the Shell.
It's not raining or even cloudy for god's sake. It shows the mundane daily life that you wouldn't confuse with fantasy. It elegantly shows a man's life from birth to
aged and it forms a perfect loop.

Nah no way.
More original maybe, but even time travel isn't original. I say they both had their spin on already existing ideas.
Blade Runner is just better film-making

Doesn't have Gosling and/or Leto, so it's automatically better.

or just kill them in their present and send the body back

>BR2049 sucks because it looks cool and has bad weather

Mm-kay.

Well Blade Runner had five times the budget, yes it's gonna look and sound better.
Beyond that though...I think 2049 really nailed something that really connects to people , like at their core. Like they captured the loneliness of modern existence, at least for some people.

Looper is just a cool convoluted (but in a good way) spin on time travel . Like a better budget Primer.
I think even if Looper had more budget to match Blade Runner visually it still wouldn't be better.