Casuals finally starting to realize Marble Comics is shit

>Casuals finally starting to realize Marble Comics is shit

IT'S HAPPENING!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uU-HXF44s1Q?t=3m8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How long gonna they go until Disney get sick of these hacks' mess up?

Bendis has been wanna be kicked from Marvel for a while

I don't think Disney gives a single fuck about whether comics are successful or not.

Only license they care about is Star Wars and they've been regularly getting 85-100k sales. I think first issue of Doctor Aphra was like in top 10, hope it'll live long enough for like 20 issues, I like her.

>IT'S HAPPENING!
nothing is going to change unless they wise up to MCU's shitness as well

Seeing how Disney is making loadsamoney off the movies which is pretty much keeping Marvel Entertainment on life support. I'm pretty sure they will let Marvel fix their own fuck up.

You know, with how bad Marvel NOW is, I kind wonder how the reboot after Secret Empire will be even worse.
Like, will they make a Lady Stilts-Man ongoing? Squirrel Girl and the Squirrelettes? Bucky and Cap getting married?

>shitness
More like afwul averageness, but this.

>Dorkly
The author probably praises Marvel for its "diversity" in every other paragraph though.

>people still read Marvel
That's like finding out people still use dial-up.

LOL they didn't even mention the elephant in the room

2017 us going to be sweet

All in right time, padawan

The only thing good coming out of Marvel comics is probably Star Wars. everything else is just pandering to fucking something. It's like if you're getting people from Deviantart or fanfiction to do the comics.

Star Wars and Disney Kingdoms, though the Tiki Room book they're doing is probably the weakest book in that line.

Fuck, I wanted Marvel comics to collapse leaving only the movies

Except people LIKE the MCU and it makes a shit ton of money.

Realistically, what would they stand to gain by going against public opinion?

I think it's odd that we blame the MCU when if anything MCU synergy is relatively low.

I mean, Sam Wilson isn't Captain America in the movies. Thor isn't a woman in the movies. Tony Stark isn't a ghost mentoring a Riri in the movies.

>>Reading article
>>IvX is good
What?

>comics sales going down the toilet
>desperate gimmicks to try to keep sales afloat but they're not working

Meanwhile
>movies still making more money than god
>slowly progressing toward big events
>the competition is the one trying to maintain interest by throwing out giant crossover events right off the bat and not hitting their sales targets

Yeah, clearly the film division needs to clean up its act. They're not quite making ALL the money.

>Except people LIKE the MCU and it makes a shit ton of money.
People also like McDonalds, your point?

What?

It could be literally poop, but if it makes money it will continue. Disney don't care about quality. Only money.

>slowly progressing toward big events
Uh-oh.

Remember as a kid you'd see a movie and see the trading cards, or a cartoon spin off or a comic book and you'd be like "oh hell yea more of THE THING I LIKE!" The tie-in impulse buy bullshit.

I know tons of movies had em, juarassic park, aliens, predator, jumanji, ace ventura, independence day and so on and so on.

That's marvel now. The comics are the tie-in bullshit. The movies/TV show is their main universe, everything else is supplementary stuff.

People will get sick of the formula of the movies soon enough, I live in a small place and the theatres here only show MCU movies for about 4 days because not many people go to them anymore ever since ultron

At this rate next year it will be Marvel Studios Comics.

>Jon Peer · Metropolitan State University of Denver
#6-Infinity
PC garbage like turning old fan favorites into grab bags of unnecessary diversity rather than actually trying to come up with new characters, then characterizing people complaining that their favorite characters are being cast aside in favor of obvious diversity virtue signaling as racist Luddites.

What this based article commentor said, as if you didn't know exactly "what".

By the time Infinity War releases it will have been six years since the initial introduction of Thanos.

So the films have been building toward a single big event in the time that the comics have gone through about a half dozen.

>movies that require watching a dozen previous movies to be fully understood

the probably didn´t even talk about the complete replacement of all the cool white male charters with sjws characters and all the amount of far left wing propaganda in current comics

>That's marvel now. The comics are the tie-in bullshit. The movies/TV show is their main universe, everything else is supplementary stuff.
This is kind what I've been feeling for a while now. Especially with GOTG comics.

But the MCU still needs comics to draw their stories from.

The movies don't even advertise the comics, though. Not even a little tagline during the credits saying "Did you know you can read more adventures of these characters right now at your local bookstore?" I'm sure they'd at least get a few kids who'd ask mom and dad to swing by and pick something up after they left the theater.

. Comics are too grim now

What?
Where the fuck were they when the X-Men schoolbus blew up?

I thought it was MODOK Trump

>>We're not asking Marvel to stop tackling the personal and often global despair of the real world. The Unworthy Thor, Ms. Marvel, and (usually) Captain America use those problems to great effect. We just hope that this dreary chapter in the Marvel U. will end with a definitive win for the goodies. It's what most of us signed up for.

NO SERIOUSLY, where were these people last decade? Cause that shit was GRIM!

because its all inverted and new, its kind of a new thing to have a series of films like this. It will not be long before they do a more original story in film and adapt it to a comic. We alrady have Caulson in the comics now.

Did LOTR or Harry potter do this?

>It will not be long before they do a more original story in film and adapt it to a comic
And when that happens, the MCU will be even worse than ever.

>Did LOTR or Harry potter do this?
No, because those books are much more famous than capes.

I'd say the difference is that LotR or the HP series aren't perpetually dependent upon keeping up interest. If everyone stopped buying those books tomorrow the Tolkien and Rowling estates can just sit on their fat piles of money. Marvel and DC have to keep selling today, tomorrow, forever.

I think that's already happening with the Defenders. We never had a book that was just Luke, Jones, DD and Iron Fist, and their villain is Sygorney Weaver. And from the looks of things, she is an OC or a very obscure character, which means Bendis will use her for his Defenders run and treat her like a big deal.

>HP is more famous than all comic books

Ok....anyway......

Well LOTR had movie edition covers, HP never did

>the elephant in the room
c'mon, Bendis is not an elephant, he is fatter

Not really. Movies are too big of an investment, and there's waaaay too much money on the line to be lost if the movie fails, so the movies will never become a clusterfuck of continuity the way comics are because the producers will always jump in and try to make every movie as accessible to the wide population as possible.

There's a reason why none of the Netflix characters appear in movies when if this was comic they'd have corssovers with them every month.

>Soon enough
You do realize that Iron Man came out in 2008 right? Its been nearly a decade of MCU and its just hitting its stride now.

But yeah... soon

You're a gutless liar

>Disney caring about how the comics are doing
What?

Harry Potter has definitely had more of a cultural impact. I mean, as much as we toot the comic book horn, the most memorable thing about the MCU is the spin around the Avengers.

Thing is though, the MCU is pushing for 3 movies and 3 Netflix shows a year, with even more TV shows. Agents of SHIELD btw is current 0.6 in ratings.

>HP has had a bigger cultural impact than comic books

just stop....

Nah, I like to see you cry tears of impotent rage.

>the movies will never become a clusterfuck of continuity
>none of the Netflix characters appear in movies
They used to say the same about Ultimate...

Merging verses is the ultimate panic button

And it will be pressed again sooner or later.

I don't think the MCU will ever get that bomb that flops in the box office and everyone agrees is completely terrible. Their whole doctrine is built to avoid this.

I do however think that they'll hit a steady decline that'll go steeper and steeper unless they start changing formulas. Even the normie casuals are starting to get tired and point out the flaws in the movies.

Most people think DC is just Batman and that he works alone.

[citation needed]

Crying? Im trying to avoid this devolving into a HP vs comics argument. You're just being an idiot. Seriously though if you think HP is bigger than batman, superman, spider-man, x-men, hulk, archie, walking dead, so on and so on, I mean, keep thinking it, but you're literally retarded.

>Even when the events themselves are good, such as IvX

What the fuck?

> caring what casuals think

fucking casual

What's funny is that one of the big reasons the Avengers was such a success was that it merged 5 films. There was a special spark to that. Now it's kind of more predictable when we see these heroes team up. Infinity Wars has the GOTG and Avengers meeting that would be a boost, but having the Defenders meet the Avengers would be another landmark that would feel special again. Let's be honest, Marvel is running out of those special things to do, unless they do a Spider-Verse film.
I think Spider-Man Homecoming has the potential to be that bomb. All around the internet, people are hyping up that film beyond belief. Some Youtube channels are more hyped for Spider-Man's film than the Infinity Wars films,and what we're getting is High School shenanigans with almost all of the Spider-Man cast changed (I'm not talking about race), and a reliance on RDJ to support the film. If there is a film I think would be an MCU bomb, it's Homecoming because the hype people have for that film is unreal.

...well HP is bigger than the X-Men, Hulk and Archie. Probably Walking Dead now that the show is starting to fizzle out.

That's cause agents of shield is network trash.
I'm not shilling for netflix but those shows have a lot more freedom with what they can and can't do.

Is that a Sentinel made out of meat?

Why the fuck would you make a Sentinel out of meat?

they dont care about sales on *any* comics

this isn't a profitable industry. but it is a convenient Research & Development department that can pay comic writers and artists peanuts, take their ideas that stick to the big screen and make billions.

they'll continue to let it limp along, they don't want comics to lose them money but ultimately i think they'd accept moving 5k units of comics if it leads to blockbuster movie sales. one step backwards, 600 million steps forward, yeah they'll take that deal

yea but combined. HP vs Comic books. Thats every comic book vs HP, not each one individually. The comic book industry and the industries spun off and the content spun off has all had a much larger impact on society as a whole in the last 100 years than HP has by far. It's not comparable.

I only wish there was a Jurassic Park and a Predator 90s kids cartoon

Yeah, like stretch a plot out to be super thin and have weak climaxes!
Remember Wallflower?
X-Men Teen girl who was shot in the head on the front lawn of the X-Mansion by a sniper?
Well, Warren Ellis thought fans who thought that was too depressing and morbid decided to one up her death by having a villain take her corpse, and fit an entire sentinel into it, leading to a sequence where Emma Frost sees her in a crowd, follows her, and then Wallflower's corpse explodes apart into that monstrosity. All because Warren Ellis thought comic readers were getting soft.

I still can't believe they think it's DC who's grim and Marvel who's light. Marvel. Fucking Marvel.

>If there is a film I think would be an MCU bomb, it's Homecoming because the hype people have for that film is unreal.
You people say this with LITERALLY EVERY FILM

No I'm sorry but it's the same shit, ever since, like, GOTG, every film has been "no, this one is going to be the bomb because [here's some completely irrelevant reasons]".

Deal with it, user. A classic of British young adult literature will outlive every capeshit.

>You people say this with LITERALLY EVERY FILM
not really

>it merged 5 films
Wrong, it was an adaptation of the first Avengers comic ever.

lol trying too hard

lol out of arguments

Which one wasn't it said for? (Since GotG)

there's no argument that HP is going to be more iconic than Batman, Superman, etc. either lmao

you also know it's true, you're just asshurt about cape comics dominating the industry so you're bandwagoning a children's book """classic"""

Not him, and I wouoldn't know because I don't watch capeshit cinema, but isn't it interesting that MCU gets brought up in every thread about Marvel's comics bombing?

very interesting pattern

>NO SERIOUSLY, where were these people last decade?

Not reading comics.

>but isn't it interesting that MCU gets brought up in every thread about Marvel's comics bombing
Usually it's because of people not being able to understand

That's only the doubtful trolls. The key was that people underestimated films like Ant-Man and GOTG. They all thought they would be bad, but were surprised by how fun they are.

The problem with Spider-Man Homecoming is the opposite. People are waaaaay too excited for this film.
youtu.be/uU-HXF44s1Q?t=3m8s
People think this will be the biggest grossing film of the year and top GOTG 2 and all of that, but the thing is, you look at the trailer, and the film is presenting itself as something really simplistic. Peter Parker has to trudge though High School problems, has a goofy fat friend to bounce thoughts off of, and his villain can be stopped by the Avengers at any time, but Peter is doing it himself to prove his worth to the Avengers.

None of that will live up to the hype expectations. GOTG and Ant-Man people thought would tank and were proven wrong, where as people have their hopes way too high for Spider-Man.

I meant more the stuff they can do visually and pacing wise vs network tv being wrapped around 3 commercial breaks and ratings and sfx budgets getting burned through in 2 episodes because they need to draw a big audience at the start and mid season openers...

Which villain did that?

If Avengers just came out of the gate, nobody would have cared. People would have gone, Hulk and 5 other heroes, and paid it not much interest. The reason why it nailed it was that it took Iron Man that worked so well, and built upon it, creating 3 other films to tie together. The fact that it was never done before made it work.

so speculation on your part?

the Mouse will care if a division of it isn't profitable, and Marvel Comcis is separate from Marvel Studios.

And then what happens? Are you insinuating Disney would drop Marvel as a whole if the comics start selling bad?

You know, that was a dark time in X-Men history, and I get that.
But the fact that it's followed by "Quentin Quire gets his dick suck every book he's in" makes me sour on that whole dark period.

I don't think Homecoming will bomb or be completely awful but I do think a lot of people will be disappointed.

Thing is, I feel the Netflix shows are really cheap. Almost cheaper than AoS cause at least AoS has some effects heavy moments, where Netflix cant' even have JJ fly cause of budget.

Some old guy who blamed mutants for blah blah blah. It wasn't anything that special but the Wallflower thing stuck out.

>you see, in the future Stan Lee will be more famous than Shakespeare
Poor capefags.

no, just hoping that they'll clear house and make the comics great again

MCU while discussing the ramifications of the comics business remains irrelevant, and a deflecting measure by defensive fanboys

>were surprised by how LELSORANDUMB they are
Fixed.

took you long enough, autist

Keep crying, neckbeard.

>it was never done before
The Universal monsters.

They won't 'clear house'. They'll let the comics dry up and probably make 'em digital-only so they won't completely piss off a group of a people. Probably invest more in the video game departs as a result.

>defensive fanboys
You mean Sup Forums. They HATE comics.

>the only comics are capeshit

Ah well yeah. JJ is probably the weakest of the shows in that regard. Obviously DD and Cage benefit from being street heroes that pretty much stay on the ground.
I'm hoping IF has more mystical aspects than just a glowing fist but well see.
And obviously Punisher will be bullets blood and bombs.

>Over the course of about two years, in one comic book:
>The Xavier school was invaded by terrorists, murdering several young mutants. Jay Guthrie had his wings town off
>The bus
>Wallflower gets sniped, did in Josh's and
>Forge gets blackmailed into rebuilding a super powerful sentinel, because otherwise they're going to kill storm and his kid
>The x kids go to hell. Prodigy gets his heart ripped out, pixie gets her soil stolen
>Mercury is kidnapped and tortured to within an inch of her life

Yeah, things sure are grim now compared to 5 years ago

From your point of view, yes.

>bullets, blood, and bombs
>a Disney property
Heh.