So... Why they don't target toys/merchandising direct to young adults?

Khary Payton, who voiced Aqualad on Young Justice, offered the following details

>"[The reason why the Young Justice toyline failed was that] Green Lantern bombed at the box office. That was a big part of it. We were all kind of grouped together. When you make a toy deal all those decisions go together with all the projects that are happening. So you’ve got the Green Lantern television show and Young Justice, and we were all kinda bundled together with that movie. When it didn’t do very well at the box office, not that it didn’t do very well, it did horribly, and it’s kind of like having a run on the bank, Walmart and Target were like “stop making toys.”

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2016/05/23/dc-super-hero-girls-diane-nelson/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Stop making toys
Young Justice had 1 line of cheap action figures that were 1 step above McDonald's happy meal toys. I've never even seen any animated Green Lantern toys at all.

Dont know why YJ gets all the campaigning and continuation demands when GLTAS was the better show

Quantity > quality

Green Lantern had one god tier waifu who was constantly paired up with edgy OC (done right)

Young Justice had a harem of meh to good waifus. Not to mention fujopandering.

>Waifus are a factor in a shows popularity.

I want to get off this ride.

Because grown-ups don't play with toys.

Not to get all /toy/ or anything, but
>5POA pieces of shit with a bunch of dumb gimmicks didn't sell well for neither YJ or the GL movie, which had almost nothing but Hals to pick from anyway
Shocking.

in fact, playing with the toyswears it!

>Both shows were aimed at young adults.
>Young adults play video games, not with toys.
>Basically make no merchandise for either shows.
>Cancel both shows because they don't sell any merchandise.

???

I mean, granted YJ had a video game, but my god was that an abomination.

I blame the toxic young adult tween girl fandoms they ruin everything

Also the sjws and their NuMale narrative

There were tons of Green Lantern toys when the movie came out. Figures, electric rings, the works. Fuck, I even remember a Sinestro Halloween costume for kids. They really expected it to be a hit.

GLTAS had a shorter lifespan and cost twice as much per episode to make. Also it's not up on Netflix, while Young Justice is.

I really liked GLTAS but in no way was it the better show.

And that's why there weren't any toys for the animated series. None of the stores wanted to carry it because all of the movie merchandise was stuck on their shelves taking up space and sitting like dead weight in clearance bins. They literally couldn't give that stuff away. So the retailers didn't see any point in giving MORE store space to a franchise that had become a glorified shelf-warmer.

Hell here in the UK, I still see Green Lantern movie merchandise that they can't get rid of, along with Superman Returns shit.

>Meanwhile at GW...

>young adults
>toys

Yeah, the GL merch rotted forever as unwanted. Even when the movie was out they were getting discounted heavily already.

YJ toys s u c k e d. It was what, $10 for the figure with a Build a Background thing. You built the Hall of Justice. WM had a few exclusive figures which were the same price, a slightly different color, and no background piece. What the living fuck? That's when GI Joe was like $7 still with a ton of shit and even Marvel Universe 4" was cheaper than YJ.

>Obviously some sort of political undesirables are to blame.
You might as well have blamed the jews.

Adults play with toys if you know what I mean.

Would that also explain why Beware the Batman bombed as well? We never got an explanation with that one like we did with YJ and GL:TAS and it was coming out around the same time.

Gee, I don't know, it's almost like adults don't play with toys!

It used to be on Netflix. The thing is, no one cared much about it being there. There were no mass binge watching events or anything. So, it got removed not too long ago.

Then GL:TASfags go on Sup Forums and complain about YJ getting renewed, but not their show.

The kids market is still lucrative.

>How profitable do you expect DC Super Hero Girls to be?

>The official rollout is in July. We’ve tested the apparel, Wonder Woman’s role-playing shield and bracelets in Target stores since April. It’s selling like gangbusters, and we can’t keep it on the shelves. All of our retailers are excited about getting their hands on the products. We have 30 product categories out now, and will have 70 product categories in more than 35 markets globally after the rollout in July.

>How much will these products bring to Warner Bros.’ bottom line?

>Our overall consumer products represent a $6 billion business. The DC brand brings in about half of that. We think the DC Super Hero Girls can be bigger than a $1 billion brand.

fortune.com/2016/05/23/dc-super-hero-girls-diane-nelson/