What did Soprano mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1SzekesXrwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gZXGqclG58U
youtube.com/watch?v=6WC6EbRQmJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ralphie was a freak

Did he do these things with Rosalie?

This guy was into the weirdest shit, punched a pregnant hooker to death, killed a beautiful animal and had a shitty looking hair piece.

why is my favourite character? I don't know...

Because Ralphie can stop doing those fucked up things tomorrow while you'll be stupid forever.

Tony, she was a WHOOO-ARE

because he gives 0 fucks, he knows he's a crooked piece of shit and he loves every second of it

because he was funny and the acting was great

This fag got away with it while Vito got killed over a joke

>that scene where he gibs cash to tone but tone just looks at the sum with disgust and ralphie gets cucked by gibbing more and more

I posted a video of that the other day in sopranos thread and I didn't get a single (you). The scene is hilarious.

one of my favorites. you'd get a (you) from me, for sure.

It's not even disgust,it's like he freezes and the only thing that will bring him back is more money.

With all the fucked up and humilating shit this character was involved in I always wondered if Gandolfini really hated the actor who played him and was leaning on Chase.

>THEY DIDNT HAVE FLATTOPS IN ANCIENT ROME!

God damn I loved ralphie in the end. So annoyed Tony did what he did

he was one of the highest earning captains, not easy to get rid off.

>a joke

>its treason then.

HE GOTTA GO, TONE

IMA GUNNA MAKE A MEME U NO

DO IT!

Considering he got a hoooar pregnant, he must have been able to have normal sex as well, I assume he wouldn't pull shit like that with a relatively high status woman like her.

He was clearly abused and emasculated by his mother when he was young.

you musta been the top of your fuckin class

Hey I minored in psychology at Brown. I think I know what I'm talking about buddy.

>Most based character gets a shitty Carmella sub plot and then removed

I will never not be mad about that.

too much of a mary sue to stay

I get the feeling that a lot of sub-plots that were introduced or killed before a resolution were due to the fact that Gandolfini was throwing his weight around, he was a real diva.

He vanished to colonize his brown gf and paint really high skilled baroque-style pieces and trade in art, he's based as fuck in reality too.

That’s what I mean. He makes chad look like a virgin.

Yeah, it's a shame.

Though I don't really think the subplot is bad at all personally. A very well done forbidden romance plot, both acting very in character.

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

You are right. I think it’s Carmella more then anything. Furio nails that charm that would make you love him and wonder why the fuck she would go with fat heavy breather who never had the makings of a variety athlete.

Carmela is good too, only brainlets dislike her.

Good but not great. You can’t compare her to Furio.

Furio is far more entertaining and memeable, but he's nowhere near as complex as Carmela, no-one is outside of the Soprano family, Melfi and Christopher.

>Tony wacks people left and right
>Kills Ralphie over a fucking horse
>That he's not even sure he killed

Christopher felt complex to me. Carmella didn’t to me but that’s just how it is. Doesn’t mean you can’t like her though user.

SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL INNOCENT CREATURE!

That’s the whole point to Tony though. He’s the biggest hypocrite. Like when Jackie Jr shot at two made men one of which got hit he should have been whacked right on the spot. Same thing goes with Vito. He should have whacked on him on the spot. His inaction and hypocricy caused so many problems.

what's next? getting clipped for wearing the wrong shoes?

t. Chris

He knew Jackie had to go. He just wanted Ralph to do it because he blamed him for it.

He didn't give a fuck about Vito.

Who was in the wrong here?

wtf, he loved Vito, are you high on goofballs ?

Post the scene.

>Considering he got a hoooar pregnant
It wasn't his kid

Because he's just happy and takes life how he gets it, wasn't a mopey fuck like Tony
And it was only a fucking horse, Tony probably gets through two cows a week but one horse is suddenly sacred

>tony does mafia things
>ok
>ralphie does mafia things
>not ok
where's the logic?

I never saw Carmela actually try and challenge issues around being a housewife and being a mobster's wife. She kicked off a few times at Tony but always took the new car and necklace with no qualms and didn't ever develop past that

>getting through ~500kg beef a week
impressive desu

that is a basic trait of a sociopath so it makes perfect sense that tony is inconsistent in his views. besides, he wasn't really killing ralphie over the horse, it was moreover the bitter feelings we had over tracey whom reminded tony of meadow (not the slutiness, but the daughter like warmth she presented)

Bashing a young, pregnant girl's brains in isn't exactly "mafia things"

>le Tony is a sociopath meme

being a sociopath is a prerequisite for being able to work in the mafia. making a living through murdering people, stealing, committing fraud, harrassment, adultery, illegal gambling is not a sign of a healthy person

I thought this became blatantly obvious in the final season where Melfi stops treating him and does everything short of just looking into the camera and saying it when she sits in bed reading those excerpts where it says therapy is just another aspect of their criminality/they tend to show greater affection to pets and babies

>crime is inherently immoral
Also Tony literally did not commit a single murder.

>Also Tony literally did not commit a single murder.
Petrullio, Pussy, Bevilacqua?

>Tony literally did not commit a single murder

> DA BEV-ILL-AQUA KID, REMEMBA' TONE ?!

>justified killings are not distinct from murder

>I USED TO POST ALL DAY ON DIS SUBCHAN, MY HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD
>Carmella smiles autistically

>Tony literally did not commit a single murder
100% wrong
>fabian petrulio
>big pussy
>chucky signore
>matt bevilaqua
>ralphie
>tony blundetto
>christopher moltisanti

where does the basis of justice come from? i believe it starts with human morals and what we deem right and wrong. if this is the case, crime is fundamentally based on a moral obligation to uphold the law to sustain society and progress as a civilisation

Uh, no, not really.

>actually arguing with YHWH
wew lads

Shoulda used spoiler tags

what is justified about those killings? they're justified in tony's point of view because he works in the mafia and has made a living out of it. other than that, murder is never justified

my dude likes some submissive assplay
nothing wrong with it
being a gangster 7 days a week means you need to time to decompress
and what better way?

if someone hasn't finished/watched the show, it's their own fault for browsing. im not catering to retarded cunts on Sup Forums

Tony was a soldier. He didn't just kill for fun. Mob-related killings were not murder.

All part of the crime group.

Of all of them, save Sil, Tony is the only one who didn't just randomly kill people like Chris or Paulie.

The "Tony is suddenly a clearcut socio" is why S6 fails pretty hard. That and his sudden gambling addiction and randomly wanting to whack friends. You know, just for an episode.

Don't know if trolling, but those are all clearly murders, legally. Doesn't matter *legally* if you have some mob reason for killing them. They were literally all murders.

Strangling someone to death because they've been marked by your crime family isn't exactly the same as shooting someone in self-defense my dude.

The rat was ready to kill Tony on two separate occasions - once at the motel, once when he wanted to contract a pair of hitmen

Again, don't know if trolling, but "murder" has a simple legal definition, and all those killings meet it clearly. They aren't legally less liable than murder (i.e. manslaughter, neg homicide, or self-defense).

There's no ambiguity or argument for them being "not murder." You can argue that Tony was justified for X or Y, or that Pussy/etc had it coming, but there's not argument that they aren't murder, regardless of how much Petrullio/Pussy "deserved it" according to mob rules.

Man at least he fought Tony.

everyone on this board would fuck alpha furio tbqh famiglia

you're giving "law" more precedent over "morals", when they're both quite similar as a construct

does "law" still exist if you never get caught for breaking it?
does "morality" still exist if you don't restrain yourself in following it?

tony never caught caught for killing anyone, therefore none of it was murder. The only thing left to talk about is whether or not it was a "moral" (within the mafia way of life) thing to do

A. SHE WAS A HOOOEER
B. SHE HIT ME

Tony doesn't indulge in his sociopathy as readily as most of the cast, but he was absolutely a sociopath. There are heaps of moments in the show where Tony actively revels in the chaos and ruin he's caused in a particular situation.

JUST A CITY BOY

He reclaimed Rome for his people

gabagool

Can we get some vocaroos going? Anyone have any bookmarked or can do some?

underrated post

everyone on this board would fuck alpha furio tbqh famiglia

he wasn't a sociopath at all, in fact he was more prone to emotion than the others, but what made tony successful is his ability to ignore the emotion and do what's best

>Tony actively revels in the chaos and ruin he's caused in a particular situation
they're called power plays, not sociopathy

vocaroo.com/i/s1SzekesXrwQ

what would they say to you if you walked past them on the street, anons?

>he wasn't a sociopath at all
>Tony had literally no sociopathic tendencies

How delusional do you have to be to believe this?

I think the killings were absolutely justified according to mafia morality.

I'm not sure of the utility of asking whether a """law""" exists if you don't get caught breaking it though. If you drive a car with a BAC twice the legal limit, then you've committed DUI, whether or not you actually get arrested and convicted.

The definition of murder (and most any other crime) doesn't require the "getting caught" element (being arrested and convicted does), but it's interesting to think about.

thing is that tony didn't give a fuck about the rules and acted out on emotion, like with ralphie or chrissy

>enjoys the ruin and suffering and humiliation of others, some of which are former acquaintances that hadn't seriously wronged him
>enjoys mayhem and destruction
>commits a couple of different murders in the show out of pure rage with little to no remorse afterwards
>not a sociopath at all

I understand you like the character but you're romanticizing him way too much.

your opinions are total shit

just shows that when a law cannot be enforced or prosecuted, it might as well not exist since it's a societal construct. The same act can lead to different convictions based on how good a lawyer is, how good the evidence is, etc. If it doesn't even reach that stage, it literally didn't happen from a legal standpoint, and it would be libel to suggest that it did.

you're defeating your own points by admitting that tony can often act on emotion, such as when he killed ralphie. ralphie was tony's biggest earner, and sure he was troublesome, but tony himself had a very firm grip on him. a sociopath would not kill him.

also,
sociopathy=/=putting emotion aside to do what's best for business

>i don't know what a sociopath is

>sociopathy=/=putting emotion aside to do what's best for business
No, it's not. At all.

I know you don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=gZXGqclG58U

>i can't take the 2 and a half minutes necessary to read a wikipedia article and learn what sociopathy actually is

youtube.com/watch?v=6WC6EbRQmJ0

PUT ME IN THE WATER

lmao what a retard. sociopaths don't feel emotion. people who want to succeed make logical decisions instead of emotional ones. tony's lapses in logic make him the complete opposite of a sociopath. like, did you even watch the show? part of the appeal of it is how Tony balances his masculine powerul leader role vs his emotional panic attack wreck