Nightwing (2016) #16 cover

Nightwing (2016) #16 cover

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/10/snyder-and-romita-talk-all-star-batman/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking BASED
I enjoyed the Bludhaven arc but even it seemed to imply that Dick's really at home in Gotham with the Batfamily where he belongs.
Acknowledging Dickbats and his special relationship with Damian is always great, especially now that they can just make all of it canon and explain it away as "lol Manhattan"

They should just call Damian Flamebird or something and stick him as Dick's sidekick for good. They're great together.

>They should just call Damian Flamebird
Go away Snyder, you're not making Duke a Robin.

I really hate how plasticy and sharp Damians costume is now

I hate that it all got fucked. Final Crisis was the perfect end for Bruce and Dickbats was great.

they need to bring back Chris Kent and Thara Ak-Var as Nightwing and Flamebird

I don't give a shit about Duke. Overall I'm probably a Timfag.

Has Duke even done anything in all this time?

Any Damian and Dick interaction is always welcomed.

but like Duke is clearly set up to not become Robin.

why is this a thing fags on here think Snyder want?

I think it's a combination of him not liking to write Damian and the fact that Duke was a Robin in Future's End.

Sad!

Flamebird is my ideal mantle for Damian to take when he eventually graduates from being Robin. He'd be way better than Bette Kane.

Dickbats has been canon since New 52 Nightwing issue 1.

I always belived that the title of Flamingbird should belong to Kon-El

Redbird.

No, no more Red *blank*. Red Bird is almost as bad as Red Robin. It was cool as a one-off for Wingman but it should never be permanent

>bad as Red Robin

I hope Tim will change name when he comes back

morrison a shit

What do you think a good name for Tim would be?

I know, but it barely made any sense considering New52's reworked timeline and the fact that Final Crisis never happened along with some characters appearing in the Battle for the Cowl and other stories going on at the time never existed or have different gigs

Final Crisis did happen. What are you on about.

Why is it so hard for people to grasp DC.
A Crisis happens in universe that changes things. The characters in universe can learn the Crisis happened that caused the change. It is not that the writers are making the change and the universe is unaware of it.

No, it still made sense. All crisis in the past have happened because they obviously change the universe. Battle for the cowl and stuff like that was just reworked.

You are shit.

Detective Bat

>Kon-El
Fuck you Lobdell

Reis is based. Fucking BASED.

>acknowledging Dickbats and Damian

Based as fuck

Robin

false, I'm not Morrrison

I really wish this comic was good...

Pleb

They could have made this cover a little bit more orginal. Then again, I stopped reading Nightwing since '98.

dude, its a reference, what did you expect ?

Yeah, the comic is real pleb. Too bad.

A homage, not a reference.

Shhh shhhh. Shitposting in a thread about how you hate the comic is just sad. Go do something.

>shitposting
>implying
Back to r3ddit you go

Define the difference

Fixer?

Kek, son I've been on Sup Forums half as long as you have been alive.

That's impossible but you seem very insecure so whatever. Eitherway, that place seems closer to what you're looking for.

It's impossible? You are 19-20 little guy.

Fuck off back to wherever you came from. Sup Forums is for discussing comics, not shitposting about characters you know nothing about.

I bet youve never even read a Nightwing run.

Damn, you sure are insecure. Figures such a pleb would enjoy this drivel.

No, you're just a fucking pleb with shit taste who can't spell.

>people who cannot read
Dick became Batman because Bruce was "killed" (actually zapped back in time) by Darkseid in Final Crisis. In the new52, we are explicitly told that at the start of the books, the Earth only interacted with Darkseid 5 years prior when the JL formed and defeated his invasion. We're told that no multiversal crises happened. Even if we want to accept that the crises actually did happen from a meta PoV and only reworked themselves out of continuity (which is the way Convergence or Darkseid war prelude better put it), the events depicted in Final Crisis couldn't have happened. The timeline of the new universe was so that Darkseid never omegabeam'd Bruce and he only had a reason to step back when >BANE? broke him. So how did Dick Grayson take the cowl for himself, in-universe? When he thinks of the memories he has as Dickbats, how does he justify them?
Morrison (and later Tomasi) chose to actively ignore the whole thing and show the pre52 memories, every other writer carefully tried to tread around it.
Sup Forums went through this countless times, maybe lurk a bit more and actually read the posts you're replying to.

Timfags are cancer.

or maybe you should, none of us was denying that happened.

Yes.

fucking hell that's good

Robin

Deathcondor

Because he said it himself:

> comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/10/snyder-and-romita-talk-all-star-batman/
> "Well, no. I mean, of course it would be great to be able to introduce a new Robin, and I had a lot of focus on doing a new Nightwing character, but a lot of that comes down to what Warner Brothers allows and where they're investing capital. Not financial capital, necessarily, but even creative capital at any one time. You can't really say, 'Hey, I'm making a new Robin.' It's a big deal."

this sounds good

awesome. dickbats and damien best duo since bruce and jason.

Aww shit the dynamic duo is back.

Battle for the Cowl was irrelevant filler in previous continuity, so its removal changes nothing. And instead of FC we had Batman zapped with during one of the JL's accidental boomtubings to Apokolips (shown in Robin Rising). So the Batman was still time travelling, and still thought to be dead and Dick still took the role and then played it for some time after Bruce's return when Incorporated was being set up.

Yeah Damians real dad is back!

He'd need to be about 13 or so for that to be true, ya fucking dunce

>Detective Bat
You're joking, but I think Tim switching to a Bat theme would be pretty cool.