Anyone explain this comic for me? I've reread the first few issues and it still doesn't make any sense

Anyone explain this comic for me? I've reread the first few issues and it still doesn't make any sense

alien from the planet meta takes the madness vest and gets send to the madness realm from there she takes over a lifeless body of a teenage girl
after that she wants to go back to meta but can't

Great summary of the first arc so far

The body that she is inhabiting was one of a gigantic bitch. She may or may not have been brained by someone with a rock prior to becoming braindead. Now she is back and wants her body again

also want to note they expect you to alteast know what shade the changing man was about
I'd suggest you'd atleast read the first 50 issues, it's prime milligan and prime vertigo

I didn't bother with it, having never gotten into Vertigo Shade and not being impressed by what I saw of him in JLD.

How does this rank among the YA titles?

Doom Patrol/Shade (with an edge to Shade since it was not delayed for two months) > Mother Panic (only two issues out though)>Cave Carson.

I know that I am in the minority for that, but Cave just is not really doing anything for me yet

It's pretty straightforward.
I mean the madness vest is a confusing item, but the story itself shouldn't be too hard to follow.

I'd put Cave above Panic personally, mostly cause I love a story of man pushed back into the action from retirement and his adventurous secret life is revealed.

The rest I agree with. Shade has the edge for the Element Girl short for me (I am starting to grow a love/obsession for the artist that did the short. I just really like her style.)

Cave's backups with the Wonder Twins are pretty great too.

That I have to admit, I've enjoyed the cave backups the most

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension OP?

>Not impressed with what I saw of him during JLD.
Milligan was GOAT in his prime. You should check out his earlier work.

I think he means Shade, not Milligan, which is really retarded.

you're never going to get it you're too dumb dude

Cave above Mother Panic for me. My thing with Mother Panic is that it's basically a Bat book. So having it in Young Animal is kind of pointless, since Bat books already delve into the same kind of mature subject matters and either have it implied in more general titles or actually go over it in Mature Audiences labeled specials or minis.

And Cave Carson is just a regular adventure title that could've easily taken place in the DCU proper.

Yes and no. The first few issues are definitely kind of a pulp adventure book, but that was expected due to the history of the character. But because of the overall concept of the title, you could definitely see where it could incorporate the sort of trademark weirdness of early Vertigo and what Young Animal is doing with Doom Patrol and Shade.

We got some small hints of that with the first couple of issues, but I think the last issue is where we finally started delving into the weird stuff. So I'm taking it as more of a sort of developing title than Doom Patrol and Shade, which kind of dove into the weird straight up.

Mother Panic, to me, really just hasn't differentiated itself significantly from what you would consider a Bat book. And when you look at something like Arkham Asylum or a slew of other Bat style story lines, I really just don't see why it would deserve a spot in a Vertigo successor like Young Animal.

Shade will last longer then any Captain Marvel run

>I really just don't see why it would deserve a spot in a Vertigo successor like Young Animal
I mean... some of the most famous Vertigo titles are Y The last Man, Scalped, 100 Bullets... Not like Vertigo was ever just "weird stuff".

As for Cave, it's all about the tone. The "weirder" elements are just... not that weird. it feels much more like a regular cape comic than Mother Panic which is a dark vigilante style comic and in this moment in time, that style of comic is rare compared to the usual "sueprhero" vibe Cave gives off.

Also, I'm nto sure what you mean when you say "Arkham Asylum", what comic book are you even talking about? To piggy back on what the other user said, Mother Panic does not feel anything like any of the bat comics and a lot of people really wanted a more grounded street level mystery style bat book for quite some time. Batman is about big storylines and villains, Detective Comics is a team book, Nightwing is light and has him going around the globe, none of them are the violent vigilante comic about serial killers and corrupt rich folk. Also, the art is amazing. And Oeming sucks.

The sales are already below 20K, but I hope Young Animal has a lower cancellation threshold

Mother Panic is nothing like the current Bat books, and I doubt we'd get something like it with the current writers. Batman was supposed to have a couple of mature series in Vertigo anyway, one by Gerard Way(some of which will be making it into mother panic) and one by Azz and Chiang, both of which were cancelled before starting. Vertigo even had stuff like Sandman mystery theatre, which on the surface seemed like just another pulp and detective comic set in the DC universe.

Mother Panic does a nice job of providing diversity to young animal, despite it being the weakest title thus far(I still like it). It's the only noir themed cape comic we have at present, considering Soule's Daredevil has been a complete shitshow.

I understand Shade and Doom patrol references because i read them. I know Wild dog, but never read cave. Will it help?

Hopefully. Sales for YA are real trash though.

There's nothing really to read about Cave Carson, he made minor appearances in a few things but he's never had a definitive run.

Cave is one of those Z-list characters that shows up in a "Who's who?" book. I've seen him show for a few pages in JSA when Sandy had supposedly died, but nothing beyond that.

Hey now, no need to go throwing shade

Never read anything Shade related before this. Understand the run so far just fine.

I assume the scientist person that wants the madness vest back on Meta was talking about the previous person to have the vest's story?

>marvelbab too dumb to comprehend basic DC comics

Rac Shade (mentioned via his poetry) was the main version of Shade that this is based on. He was technically in the N52 in Justice League Dark, but barely had anything to do other than cause pretty looking art, then disappeared when Lemire took over. We honestly have no clue if N52 shade is part of this story at all

We now have female teenage girl shade and teenage girl prez(youngest president ) ,
so who is hotter and more attractive teenager girl ?

personally I like Loma Shade's original Metan body