Why is a nothing character like IG-88 way more cooler and memorable than say Dexter Jettster

>Why is a nothing character like IG-88 way more cooler and memorable than say Dexter Jettster

Was he showing his obvious bias here? Who under 30 knows or cares about IG-88? He seems to deride merchandise and expanded material, but apparently it's okay if it's his generation.

I only know IG-88's name because he's in Lego Star Wars 2

He could have picked a better example

Also the OT/Empire were much bigger cultural icons and have had much more time to gestate in the public consciousness etc

Who under 30 cares about Dexter Jettster?

Who under 30 cares about Dexter Jettster? At least IG-88 got material devoted to him like when he became the Death Star.

the prequels suck, but criticizing them for not making samuel jackson say motherfucker was retarded

No the problem is why is Sam even in starwars? Or why is he not playing a character with human emotions?

>why is Sam even in starwars?
probably got a nice paycheck out of it
>Or why is he not playing a character with human emotions?
because nobody is playing a character with human emotions (lucas can't write one), except for jackson that's kind of refreshing

>Who under 30 knows or cares about IG-88?

My middle school's library had a huge star wars encyclopedia full of EU material that was a thing years before episode I came out and Nu Wars was even conceived. I learned about IG-88 from that.

I only learned who IG 88 was through a tabletop game an didn't remember him being in the movie at all.
The moment I saw Dexter Jettster again I remembered exactly where it was from in the movie

>Not knowing about IG-88 Through Tales of the Bounty Hunters

Nobody who played shadows of the empire on n64 would forget that horrifying fucker.

I wish shitquel apologists would just get permabanned.

I used to have an IG-88 toy. And he was cooler than Dexter Jettster.

Maybe not more memorable, simply because of how fucking bad/retarded he and his 1950s diner. was.

The point is, both IG-88 and Dexter are throw away characters that are on screen for like less than 3 min. One is cool looking, interesting, the other is gay and CG.

Are you fucking 8 years old? You seem to use a few big boy words, although I am not sure you understand what they mean, or at the very least you couldn't watch the video more than 5 minutes because the meany Youtube man was making fun of your movies. How is saying IG-88 is cooler than x character support Lucas/Disney for whoring out Star Wars? Just go back to watching your hour long CG light saber duels.

No the problem was casting SLJ as a stoic Jedi with boring ass dialog just to try and get black people to watch Star Wars.

>He seems to deride merchandise and expanded material
The point's not that you'll know the character's name, because neither the robot not the fat diner owner are named onscreen, but that you'll remember the character's appearance.

And I remembered the robot just like I remembered the guy with the thing on his head.

>Why is a nothing character like IG-88 way more cooler and memorable than say Dexter Jettster
Because IG-88 has existed longer, there's been tons of toys made about him, he's been featured in comics and books and other media, whereas Dexter Jettster is a newer character who's also there for comedy and not "to be a badass" so they can sell toys of him.

I'd argue that Dexter Jettster is more memorable, though, because he's something different. IG-88 just sort of blends in with other background characters. I mean he's literally standing there with other bounty hunters who are just as cool as he is. There's really only one Dexter Jettster.

The point was not Jackson refraining from cursing, it was him acting like a robot. Don't cast someone charismatic and give them nothing to do because it shines a light on the *real* reason he was cast.

>Dexter Jettster
fucking who?

damn right

or that fucking train level prior to him

IG-88 has a unique and cool looking design, Dexter Jettster is a fat alien fry cook. It really is just that simple.

No cunt would know anything about IG-88 if it wasn't for the EU.

don't even fucking pretend otherwise.

>why is Sam even in starwars?
The urban demographic

what was jexters role in the film again

why did lucas include him -- it was just one scene in his diner right?

>what was jexters role in the film again
Obi asks him where Jango's dart came from and he says Kamino (because Jango uses some toxin native to where he's hiding out rather than any kind of synthetic killing agent or a blaster bolt).

IG-88 is a poor man's HK-47, who is a poor man's T3-M4

IG-88 had a neat design and it being with the other bounty hunters tells you what it does in a short amount of time so you can imagine IG-88 being some stone cold hunter killing things for upgrades/parts.