'MARVEL'S RUNAWAYS' FINDS ITS CAST

news.marvel.com/tv/59021/marvels-runaways-finds-cast/

Rhenzy Feliz (“Teen Wolf,” “Casual”) as Alex Wilder

Lyrica Okano (“The Affair,” “Unforgettable”) Nico Minoru

Virginia Gardner (“Goat,” “Little Bitches”) as Karolina Dean

Ariela Barer (“New Girl,” “One Day at a Time”) as Gert Yorkes

Gregg Sulkin (“Faking It,” “Don’t Hang Up,” “Anti Social”) as Chase Stein

Allegra Acosta (“100 Things to do Before High School,” “Just Add Magic”) as Molly Hernandez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQvS14qSSdI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gert's not a fatty. Fucking Hollywood couldn't find a fatty.

Also Molly seems way too old, but I guess child acting laws fucked them.

You'd figure with the dumbass fat acceptance shit flying around, theyd be more than willing to get a lard for the character

>Molly Hernandez

Fuck them. Fuck this. She was named after the writer's sister you dicks.

That girl looks more Chinese than japanese.
>fifteen year old playing a ten year old that acts like she's five

>Molly Hernandez
>Hernandez
For what purpose?

>Molly Hernandez

Lol you know what purpose

>Molly Hernandez
Ugh. I HATE it when they change characters names in adaptations. Like, we know who they're supposed to be so why not just leave the name alone?

I like Gregg Sulkin

As long as Gert has purple hair, I'm fine.
I'm too thrilled that this is actually happening to nitpick

To get BINGO.

It's because she's a mutant.

So did they change Molly's name because she's a mutant or just because of the race stuff?

>but I guess child acting laws fucked them.

It's either that or literally lose your head to a freak helicopter accident on set.

And they justifies changing her name and race how?

*That

They really went out of their way to find a super ethnic looking pic of a white girl for Molly considering this is how she normally looks.

Shocker that SJW Marvel Editorial has leaked all over the MCU now.

>implying that had anything to do with them being children
Weren't they just random locals they picked up too

If they are blocked by rights, it is probably not actually suppose to be molly but an OC taking her place. So fox can't sue.

They can't have the character so they're making an analogue.

Race stuff. There has never been an issue using a name before.

>Molly Hernandez

Hahahahaha

Ugh why couldn't they make someone no one really cares about hispanic? Like Gert? Why did they have to mess with my daughter? She was perfect the way she was.

>Molly Hernandez

99% of the time I would not give a shit and even now I'm still gonna check it out and give the actress a chance because she could be great that said, fuck you Marvel.

THICC hispanic girl Gert would have made too much sense, user

BKV is a producer on this user so he knew about this and I doubt he cares

I've wanted this for years and i get Molly Hernandez.

Nigga, I'm mad.

He most definitely doesn't care because he probably realizes this is a non-issue that's not important to the story at all.

>Diverse teens
>Changing the race /name of Molly and fucking up Gert

Marvel I liked this comic. You don't have to do this shit to it to make people like it. Please stop pressing this narrative.

> Like Gert?

Didn't they? Gert's Jewish and she's being played by a Latina. But you know now one cares about that. As long as she's fucking brown enough to quell tumblr.

I'm more interested in the parents.

I don't feel excited about live action adaptations anymore. Now I see Marvel rebooting this series as a comic with Molly Hernandez and skinny Gert.

She's a mutant and subject to the deal Marvel set up with Fox many years ago. Change the last name and she's basically a new character and they can use her.

Don't make me think about that. PS Gert is Hispanic too.

>they're doing Molly
The absolute madmen.

It'll be shit tho.

That's not now it works. They can't use 'Mutant'. They're just going to make her an inhuman.

>Inhuman

Ya'll would still bitch about that.

>he thinks Gert is important enough to be revived
I wonder if they will have Old lace, baby ultron or Nico banging everybody.
will they have avengers Arena

Wrong. Being a mutant doesn't automatically make you a Fox character, what matters is where you debut and whether or not you have a history with the X-Men. Just look at Squirrel Girl.

>Marvel TV
>MCU
There's a reason why AoS is not canon. This shit is still under Perlmutter.

>Not casting Ariel Winter as Gert

Didn't molly move in with the X-men after runaways while everybody else went with the avengers?

Considering Nico's mum was Chinese (and in charge of the Hong Kong Institute) in her brief appearance in Doctor Strange, Nico is probably Chinese-American now too.

No. That's understandable and out of their control. Though it does make her backstory a bit confusing considering her parents didn't want a mutant kid but Inhumans probably would.

The Actress isn't? I'll give them that. The didn't go into the "all asians look the same no one will be able to tell."

They'll revive her because they can profit from it

Gregg Sulkin.....yassssss, my penis thanks them

I should clarify, having a history with the X-Men AT THE TIME THE CONTRACTS WERE MADE. Characters made after the contract only go to Fox if they debut in an X-Book.

meh, Molly's race was of no importance. This change is ok unlike an asian Iron Fist would have been. Chase should have been a good for nothing spic though

She's not dead in the original serious dude. At least don't be retarded when you're trying to troll people.

i hope this good but i doubt it, Why did they change molly's surname the could have easily just kept and used the same actress. I understand why they aged her up though,

honestly, finding good children actors is hard enough. Just pick the best for the job for Molly, fuck race

Which is why AoS could namedrop Eden Fesi, why Typhoid Mary is with DD rights, QS and SW are shared, they're making something with Squirrel Girl, etc. Right?

>fuck race

Only when it involves going from white to something else amirite guys. Otherwise people that identified with a specific white character can go fuck off haha. Diversity.

She's dead in the comics and the guy I was talking to said she come back skinny. I responded with she wouldn't be brought back at even if they do another comic. Most likely they bring back team and add singularity.

>good children actors
She's 14

Fuck singularity. That book is garbage and people only like her because she's a simpleton.

and most of them are terrible

>they're making something with Squirrel Girl, etc. Right?
Rumored secret warriors, I haven't heard shit about it since.

The kids in Stranger Things are great.

fuck you, Singularity is adorable and I want to protect her smile

Proving my point. Her only trait is neoteny.

So the molly hayes audience?

The fuck is that thing between her lips? Some kind of piercing?

Still awful.

Name at least five good child actors that are 14 or younger

her last name is okano, so maybe fuck off

So if the series lasts, do we think they'll eventually add Victor, Xavin and Klara?

Does Marvel even own the rights to Xavin considering he/she is a super skrull in training?

Literally no one cares

I knew that was coming. Yeah probably. But you're not tired of the endless stream of retarded female characters who's writers only goal is to make them cute? Squirrel Girl, Hellcat now, Gwenpool, Singularity. It's an endless stream of Twee garbage.

At least Molly got called out on it and showed intelligence outside of being a literally kid. These characters are played straight.

Is this set in the MCU? If so, how will the "Our parents are super villains" moment work? There's not really enough of them for that to be a thing.

user. I get you don't care, but I'm right here. We can argue about it if you want. If you don't care that much you can just fuck off while I blow some steam for a while.

I hope at least someone of those actors is good. Especially Alex, he is the most important character in vol.1.

I will never not be mad about Molly

Xavin never. Super Skrulls are owned by FOX cause the FF powerset. I still think this should have been a film.

It's too annoying to watch shows like this, that revolve around a teenaged cast. The writers never have any idea what teenagers even act like, so it just gets too cringey and weird. It will try to hard to be cool and edgy, and it sucks because I loved runaways so much.

Character descriptions.

ALEX WILDER (Rhenzy Feliz)

>A loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.

this kid might look too young compared to the rest. Isn't alex one of the oldest ones?

OK, I respect that you care and some other people care, I shouldn't have said that no one cares because you might feel personally invested in the character but come on my dude, they're just comics.

To be quite frank with you, I'm more worried that since this will probably be on ABC, that it will be utter shit and a disservice to the series.

I'll give you this though, if they retcon Molly in the 616, I'll truly be pissed because the whole synergy shit is wearing real thin.

CHASE STEIN (Gregg Sulkin)

>A lacrosse-playing high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.

OH NO HE'S CHAD

His voice will help

youtube.com/watch?v=WQvS14qSSdI

NICO MINORU (Lyrica Okano)

>Tough, intelligent, and independent, Nico embodies teenage angst. A budding "Wiccan", Nico's carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.

wast he always? i mean aleast at first glance

Why do you care?

you do realize television shows don't matter to the movies right?

you do realize at this point tv shows are entirely different universe, right?

MTU, get ready.

KAROLINA DEAN (Virginia Gardner)

>A model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, Karolina is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, she is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.

>playing video games
Will they be able to do the whole Superhero MMO thing?

>since this will probably be on ABC
We've always known it'll be on Hulu

>It will try to hard to be cool and edgy
so...like the comic.

arya kills littlefinger
jon and dany have sex
viserion is killed and bought back as the night's king dragon
euron destroys yara's fleet and kills the sand snakes
lannisters conquer dorne and highgarden
olenna poisons herself
beric and thoros are killed by wights
the wall falls
Jorah is cured
cersei becomes pregnant but has a miscarriage

GERT YORKES (Ariela Barer)

>A purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.

Then there is hope

user dont you rember? the hole point of the pride is that they were an underground secre group and beside they were in los angeles witch dont have a lot of hero population

I don't care

>riot grrrl
>social justice warrior
haha no but seriously now what's the real description

>as a brash social justice warrior
:^)

MOLLY HERNANDEZ (Allegra Acosta)

>The youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, Molly is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.

she could be a cute goth girl.
not bad, sounds older than he looks
yeah...that's her

Sold.

I don't really get why "it's just comics" matters here? I make comics. Comics are all I do. You're saying my life doesn't matter. Ok yes I'm not being serious. I'm just having my first heard of this news meltdown which I will later turn into rage driven artwork.

Oh yeah. I really didn't want a Live show. I really wanted an animated series. Something about live seems to ruin a lot of the fun of comics. Granted most of this is the origin and won't have to deal with a lot of CG.

I enjoy the movies and such but I was never a fan of most of the movie's characters so I don't feel let down by them.

Runaways on the other hand was my first comic and actors aside I don't think they're going to get it. It's all pretty people playing a bunch of losers. Then again fucking Hollywood.

the face is spot on i hope she win some weigth

non of this matters user