When dose it get good?

Season 3, around then. But if you're expecting much from Hank and Dean, then give up now.

Seasons 5 and 6 are hit and miss though.

I thought season 1 was real good. I don't see the problem.

>dose

If you're not loving it by maybe 5 or 6 episodes in you have no taste and should remove yourself

kinda these really. It might just not be your thing.
shit taste

The only episode that isn't good is the first one. Maybe the early one in space, too, because all the jokes are basically "Brock is a Sex Man with big, big penis." You don't have much of an excuse for your poor taste.

Season 1 is pretty fun, but you don't really get a good taste of what's the show is now until the start of season 2.

>Maybe the early one in space, too

SVENGALI!

Season one is a bit rough, but it gets better when the writers get surprised that they got renewed for a second season and start establishing some lore.

The first season mostly blows in my opinion. S1 finale and onwards is where it picks up.

I feel season one really hits its stride at Ghosts of the Sargasso

The one thing that annoys me so much about Venture bros is that out of all the action figures that got made there was never a henchman 21 after he got all dark knight rises.
I'd kill for one, even if it was in that old mego style they all had.

How is 21 higher ranked than 24 when 24 was more knowledgeable about how the suits worked?

21 didn't know the suits could fly, acted as inflatables, or that the goggles provided night-vision. 21 was also clumsy when it came to flying or using weapons.

21 doesn't look this fat in this episode wtf. why shopped?

Season one is good
Season two is excellent
Season three and four are alright, with some exceptional highlights
Season five is pretty bad
Season six is excellent

The lore that the show is known for accumulated slowly. If you started watching from the beginning based on the reputation it earned later, I could imagine being underwhelmed.

Being a childsoldier pays dividends in promotions greater than switching jobs with the (false) accusation of workplace sexual harassment on your work record

The Terrible Secret of Turtle Bay.

when they finish this season

i dont remember season 5 being so bad but its probably because i saw it a while ago and im biased because i love the show

The numbers seemed to be completely arbitrary, outside of "Henchman #1" being a sought-after title because it was important-sounding.

The only thing that really changes is it creates an overarching plot atop the episodic ones, but the episodic-ness never really goes away. Everything sort of just ties together in a sense.
If it's the humor or style than it won't change. The only thing I'll say that does is the animation quality, but the cheaper S1 style is also endearing in its own regard. Long story short, it may just not be for you if you haven't begun to enjoy it within the first few episodes.

I assumed it had to with when they signed up, more than rank.

I will admit it wasn't BAD, it just wasn't really up to the standards set by the first four seasons in my opinion.

You should be really having fun by Are You There God, It's Me Dean. The show only gets better as it goes on.

Spanakopita

SPANAKOPITA!

I just realized I've been eating Spanikopita for years. The damn place I get them at just calls them spinach feta pie.

eh, Spanikopita

The episode I use as acid test for introducing people to the show is "Escape to the House of Mummies pt. II." If they like it, they will probably enjoy the rest of the series.

The structure of it as "Action plot sidelined so that Doc and Orpheus can have an inane pissing contest" get to the overall heart of what the series evolved into. More than a few people I know who started the series from the beginning end up expecting it to be an endless series of murder by Sampson. Conversely, others got turned off thinking the show was just a vehicle for mindless bloody action sequences.

I also try my best to hide that it is from Season Two as to not spoil the Season One finale. Watching the second season opener with Doc and JJ as the venture brothers for the first time was one of the highlights of this show.

I'm pretty sure the first Venture Bros. episode I watched was the last five minutes of the first season finale so yeah, weird way to start the show.

As someone who saw Jonas Jr. as a recurring character without having seen the first season finale beforehand, he was absolutely fucking terrifying in that.

This. But fuck these gaps between seasons.

>started in 2003

FUCK

after first 7-10 episodes

If you were watching it in 2004, it was pretty good by episode 5 and groundbreaking by its second season. It ages well and my only real qualm was hatred replacing Brock's role but warburton probably doesn't come cheap.