Netflix's The Witcher

What the fuck is taking them so long?!

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BXoDq6BBoRH/?hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=67wCc-mei1Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hold on my man. They're currently in talks with Idris for the lead role.

They can fucking wait till I finished reading and playing the Witcher series.

They need to wait for Idris Elba’s schedule to clear up

will we have a /witcher/ thread on Sup Forums? Maybe even a sharing a thread with /got/?

Please go to the nearest concentration camp for re-education. Thanks.

Speaking of upcomming Netflix series: WTF happend to Life is Strange?

Elba is a solid casting choice.

You're right and Anita Sarkeesian should play Jennifer. And Ciri should be played by Quevenzhané Wallis

Also: Roach should be played by a donkey and Emhir Var Emreis' role goes to Toccara Jones

They haven't even casted anyone yet. It's not going to come out for at least another 2 years. If they were smart they'd release it shortly after GoT ends as people will be looking to fill the void with a similar type show.

Cast them Sup Forums

I know it is troll/meme but
>slavic medieval lore
>blacks
pick one, they do not mix. Even asians (up to Mongolia) would be more fitting here.

HURRR THERE WERE MOORS IN SPAIN AND POLAND AND SPAIN ARE BOTH IN UROPE DURRR

Okay that would justify a black character in the series. As a background no-name character without a speaking role who can be seen in the backgorund once, as the white main characters walk past the scene. The "moor" will be sold on a slave market.

whoever they cast, it gonna be still better than in 'original' movie

Animation takes a long time.

Did you think it was gonna be live action? Silly boots, do you know how fucking expensive that would be?

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a witcher cartoon, honestly.

I'd cast Zebrowski again
>he was actually decent as Geralt
>he's a better actor now
>he even looks better
Give him a 1 year with English teachers, accent removal classes, swordfighting and voila.

I hope it's good but it'll probably be a boring, melodramatic soap opera GoT-ripoff rather than a comfy dark fairytale.

That's actually a good idea.

Netflix and having a cast less than 30% black don't mix either, though.

I'm not sure if you understand this, but the type of people who would want black people in the Witcher TV series are not the type of people who keep stuff like this mind or would even care.

I think Sapkowski is arguing with the whole production because he doesn't want any POC in the series, and this for an american production is a blasphemy.
Technically Netflix could find a way to buy the rights of the videogames and make a series about them with all the POCs it wants, but this would be counterproductive, because the author himself would disown any ties with the production, and the fans of the games and the books would bash it with no mercy.
This is not GoT, people wants it to be faithfull to the source.

thats why I'm affraid of this project. instead taking it well, they gonna turn it into parody, even worse than 'original' movie and tv series adaptation

The series will premiere early 2019.

Source: I'm working on it.

Oh hi Tommy

Tell more.

Mads for the white wolf

Too. Fucking. Old.

>people wants it to be faithfull to the source.
Hacky and poorly written?
Got it fam

instagram.com/p/BXoDq6BBoRH/?hl=en

Hope they get this guy he has the voice but he might be too young

I want Katie McGrath as Yenn

>Witch-shit

kys

Holy Shit yes.

Certainly has the looks, not sure how good she is at actual acting though, only seen her in Merlin.

Unironically perfect. But I'm afraid they'll get some cheap pretty boy straight out of acting school and splerg the entire budget on CG and le ebin big battles

polefag here, fyi Sapkowski shits on slavic """mythology""" every chance he gets, and his main inspiration were the western fantasy canon, Arthurian legends, and medieval romances

this, and ripping off Moorcock

>adult ciri
>adult cerys
>syanna
>ves

To be honest you should probably just read the first two books, the short stories. The books after that get pretty tedious pretty quick

Eh it's not like he's a big name or anything. I'd say it's entirely possible.

>ripping Morecoke
Go to sleep Razorfist

you know it probably would be quite a bit better to have talented actors in the show rather than actors that look exactly like the characters in the video game

They're going to "Iron Fist" it. I just know it.

You forgot Iris.

She's not a bad actress, and yeah they kind of do need to like the characters from the books. She is described every single time she appears.

What a shit game, pretty much all of them look the same.

>has the same hair and beard as CDPR's version of Geralt, which is irrelevant since this will be based on the books, and a somewhat rough voice
>Unironically perfect.
Fuck off, you faggot. He's too short and is fucking awful at acting. Accurately portraying the Geralt from the books would require an actor capable of a lot subtlety, as he's emotionally stilted and reclusive. A bad actor would just look bored most of the time.

Gamefag here who has never read the books. Since the show will based on the novels what might the plot of the first season of the show look like?

>based on the books

Dropped.

Janet Montgomery as Yen

lol these games aren't good you fags only like them because Geralt is a hardcore Gary Stu self-insert. Garbage.

black geralt, poo loo dandelion, black yennefer, asian triss. its going to be hit by the diversity meme, dont care though. standard jewflixs.

Thank you Idris,thats good to hear!!

It's gonna be shit, thankfully.

I want this meme to end

How blacked will it be?
Polish as fuck 0blacks and fags
50/50Some blacks but no fags
The Netflix's special the only withes are faggots and pathetic virgins.

Bunch of barely connected pastiches of Brothers Grimm fairy tails with even darker themes.

Snow White gets raped by the huntsman for example, kills him by stabbing him in the eye with a hair pin and goes on the run where she ends up prostituting herself to survive and ends up leading a bandit gang under the alias of 'Shrike' on account of her fetish for impaling her victims.

Is it a meme to pretend to want to cast Nicholas Cage as everything? No one actually believes he's a good actor do they?

It's a meme newfriend.

I thought the books were ok, mostly because I listened to them read by Peter Kenny and it did a great job. But yeah, the short stories and first two books are where it's best, especially the stories.

Has Netflix ever had such dark themes and graphic violence in one of their originals before? Castlevania was pretty grim dark, but that still wasn't live action.

So goslibg then?

He'd be too expensive.

>first episode introduces Geralt and the world, is maybe about Geralt cutting up a tavern and curing Foltest's daughter
>the daughter almost kills him, luckily he gets patched up by Nenneke, dandelion is also introduced
>comfy countryside shenanigans with dandelion and monster contracts, character development and whatnot
>banquet with Ciri's mother and father, planting the seeds for season 2 and Geralt's relationship with Ciri
>tragic short story about a cursed man and his romance with a vampire (optional)
>dandelion goes fishing and almost dies by the hands of a djinn, Geralt rushes for help from the nearest magic user, yen is introduced and the last wish
>more stuff about yen
>rivalry between Istredd and Geralt over Yen
>emotional climax with geralt and yen breaking up

It might be too much content for one season and I would like to see more isolated episodes about the short stories or with completely original plots based on fairy tales or european mythology but that's basically it. They might also jump straight into Yen and Geralt's relationship without the backstory.

>>tragic short story about a cursed man and his romance with a vampire (optional)
That was my favorite story.

Informer here, first season will actually have 10 episodes with Sapkowski writing some new stories. 3 seasons planned now with the big climax being Geralt finding Ciri with possibility of going further into saga if all goes well.
The material is Last Wish, Sword of Destiny, Season of Storms and Sapkowski's OC.
Budget for first season is around 50 milion.

That sounds comfy as fuck.

There's no way that they won't intro Yen right away just to cram as much romantic storyline as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=67wCc-mei1Q

The Witcher: Lite

eva green as yen

2old

Shit combat

its a meme based on real facts.

Which characters are they planning on hitting with the diversity stick? I'm gonna guess Triss and Zoltan.

Sapkowski actually got really angry when some writer working for SDC brought the diversity question. He used the n word.
No minorities in main characters.

Incredible if not LARPing. I want to believe.

I think a nice ending to the season would be Geralt refusing to take his reward (Ciri) from Calanthe.

>and fags
There's plenty of faggotry in the books.

Based Sapkowski. If anyone can save it, it's him.

There are a few lesbians but that's it.

Most "mythology" elements are basic european fairy tales and themes. Some slavic stuff sprinkled in, but most can be found all over europe
Its mostly americans who don't know that and write it off as exotic slavic mythology

I'd be fine with the fag quota being lesbians.

For most of the time the collaboration between him and the showrunners is actually pretty great, he just sometimes cling on to some stuff. The diversity debacle was the lowest point.

it's just payback for people white washing everything from avatar to dragon ball ghengis khan and Cleopatra, even avatar used hire saviour in native meat suits. down with the white cis male patriarchy etc etc.

whats Baginski doing? does he have a big role in the production?

>get actress with nicest tits
>get nice wigs for each character
>have her play all roles

>because the author himself would disown any ties with the production, and the fans of the games and the books would bash it with no mercy

Since Sapkowsky is salty as fuck about the games and pretty vocal about it, I don't think him disowning anything will be a hindrance.

>some writer working for SDC brought the diversity question
Why is it so hard to stick to the story and setting you american nigger kikes?
Why didn't they just buy the rights for elder scrolls, plenty of nogs in there.

What exactly did they do that makes them all attractive to me?

At least he's probably making decent money off the games. If the show sucks he's going to shit on it because there's no way he'll be making much off it.

Nic Cage would be a good choice

Witcher wasn't suppose to be 100% serious anyway, Geralt was a bit of dickhead

Cleopatra was a member of the Ptolemaic dynasty, a Greek family of Macedonian origin

>The diversity debacle was the lowest point.
What was the overall opinion on that?

They are probably busy trying to find a way to put black people in it while dealing with the author's rage induced seizures every time it is brought up

Im expecting either Triss or Yennefer to be Black

He's doing great job developing the project but on Netflix's and SDC side everyone wants him to drop the director's chair and focus on production. They have no confidence in his skills and experience, especially when you consider they want to sign Alik Sakharov or Agnieszka Holland for some episoes, Baginski next to them looks poor as fuck.
He owns Platige though and Netflix is contractually obligated to give him at least one episode per season.
Guess how many episodes other than the obligatory one he'll get? You guessed it - 0.

Nivellen mah nigga

The argument was an economical one. Y'know, typical 'target audience' bullshit.

Sapkowski made ~200k USD from the games.

Well, for a few weeks everyone was talking about that 'old racist retard', but he grew on everyone. Sapkowski throws dozens of ideas per minute, he's really interesting to work with (or so I've heard, I'm not allowed into the writer's meetings), has huge knowledge and could talk for hours, getting on weird tangents.