ITT: Good Scenes from Bad Movies

youtube.com/watch?v=Eh7kBV7OtAs

Amazing Spider-Man 2 may have been a mess narratively and tonally, but I genuinely appreciate how they handled Gwen Stacy's death.

The web tendril becoming a hand was a bit melodramatic, I admit, but they didn't sugarcoat it on any level and you really got a sense of that sickening impact in theatres.

On the whole I think Andrew Garfield was a good Spider-Man anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDfz-i1yCFc
youtube.com/watch?v=SnwV6AxRy_E
youtube.com/watch?v=zLTEIaOO8Yo
youtube.com/watch?v=9RynVyFzcis
youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=x8ruQOrx0Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
youtu.be/38Cy_Qlh7VM
youtube.com/watch?v=xVdJKTwARVg
youtube.com/watch?v=WZZEtolFzFI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylugcd_Zt2g
youtube.com/watch?v=MW4BDL0NKDA
youtu.be/6wKdM013szo?t=2m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=n8SrEyTRs0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it was done poorly because Spider-man was too slow instead of being the cause of death personally.

Gwen Stacy died because Peter was careless and arrogant when he caught her.

This version died because the villain successfully slowed him down

Big difference in meaning

Anything with Sabretooth in the Origins movies I thought was great, such a waste of the perfect actor.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDfz-i1yCFc
youtube.com/watch?v=SnwV6AxRy_E
youtube.com/watch?v=zLTEIaOO8Yo
youtube.com/watch?v=9RynVyFzcis
youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=x8ruQOrx0Bc

I'm sure there were more but these were the ones that came to mind

Actually, I'd argue that in the comics Peter was in a lose-lose situation: there's no way he would have been able to swing down to save her before she hit the water, he didn't have the time to create a net using his webbing and he wouldn't have reached her in time if he just flat out dove down to grab her.

Yes he was the one who was ultimately responsible for Gwen's death, but it was just as much a factor of the villain putting him between a rock and a hard place as it was in the movie.

I agree that it might have been more impactful and dramatically significant if he had snapped her neck instead of letting her hit the ground, but you also have to consider that the only reason Gwen was even in that situation is because Peter went against her father's warnings and let her be a part of his life.

The blame still lies with Peter, then, albeit in a more indirect capacity.

The DCEU movies are such a fucking conundrum. It's like they have all the elements of an enjoyable cinematic experience (good actors, powerful scenes, great visuals and cinematography, even a few good lines) but then they just drop it all on the floor on their way to deliver it.

Its so fucking simple.

The director never grew out of being just a music video director, and the movie is written with a "trailer scene" in every scene.

Everyone trash talks the web hand but Peter used to make silly shit like parachutes and tools out of his webbing

youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

This is gonna sound stupid but the villain in spy kids 4 had a fucked up story

>youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE

One of my favorite non-comic Lex moments

No OP fuck you there was nothing good about that movie especially hat scene

Jesus christ those special effects were terrible. The claws look like an obvious photoshop even in that picture.

Terrible directing and zero understanding of what makes their characters great.

>stacks it into the ground from hundreds of feet up hard enough to die instantly
>still looks fine, not a drop of blood

I don't expect full-on gibs in a kids' spoderman movie but that's ridiculous

It's a good scene in spite of Eisenberg's performance and look.

>It's another TASM 2 sucks thread.

How about you post one first?

I just like that she actually died and that for once the hero doesn't bullshit his way out of one of those catch 22 scenarios.
I'm looking at you Spider-Man 1 and Batman Forever.

This is a nice explanation.
youtu.be/38Cy_Qlh7VM

I love videos like this, that talk about a movie from a film making perspective. Every comic fan will have different opinions of what they want from their movies, so I feel like judging movies purely from a comic fan's perspective is less valuable than this sort of critique.

BvS is shit but the death of Superman was done so great

I hate the fact that because this film did Gwen's death, no other Spider-Man film can do it now.

user, they can re-do it just fine. They killed Uncle Ben twice. And the Wayne's have died at least once per batman movie.

They'll do it in 10 years.

That scene where Pepper is using her temporary super powers to fuck the villain's shit up, and then comes to her senses and goes '...oh...that was really violent...' That was such a sexy scene and a cute line despite the story-line being such absolute shit and Pepper not being likable at all in Iron Man 3.

Gambit was also perfect. Damn shame the movie was such a half-assed collage of bad retcons. It had some great actors.

I also liked the scene where Wolverine is boxing with Blob. That felt like the sort of ultra-macho scene we used to love LOGAN for back before he became this pussy named James Howlet.

youtube.com/watch?v=xVdJKTwARVg
If only the whole movie was animated.

But the second time they killed Uncle Ben it was shit.

>this scene was good because despite the face-palming hand web you saw someone hit her head really hard

Raimi's Spiderman 3 sucked but the birth of Sandman scene was fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=WZZEtolFzFI

Movie really should've just focused on him the entire time and dropped Venom for the fourth movie that would never happen honestly.

Raimi was forced to make a Venom movie, but he wanted a Sandman movie. I'm glad we at least got a good Sandman. If he had made the mode with only Venom it probably would have still been bad because he just didn't want to do Venom.

>that crack
i remember the whole theater cringing at that

>we at least got a good Sandman
He was boring as fuck, had a tacked-on "sympathetic" motivation that's hard to give a fuck about because his daughter had like one or two forgettable scenes and his existence retroactively ruined one of the most powerful scenes in the first film.

This.
They couldn't even kill her where she died because Raimi already did that.

>there's no way he would have been able to swing down to save her before she hit the water, he didn't have the time to create a net using his webbing and he wouldn't have reached her in time if he just flat out dove down to grab her.
He learnt to do it later though

I completely forgot that this movie didn't fall into the trope of "the mask/helmet comes off in the final fight" that the movies tend to do.

That's because Garfield fucking loved being Spider-Man and fought to keep things as comic accurate as possible.

I feel sorry for the guy: he got a really bad rap.

>I hate the fact that because this film did Hary becoming Green Goblin, no other Spider-Man film can do it now.

>The montage near the start where he saves the kid from bullies, and helps him fix his science project

Peak levels of Spider-man, right there.

> I genuinely appreciate how they handled Gwen Stacy's death.

Let's see:

>no reason at all whatsoever for her to be even near Spidey's fight except she read the script and knew she had to die

>also this was justified again with the "Peter is the most retarded genius ever and need help from other geniuses to explain shit to him and help him with stuff" excuse

>no emotional build up for Goblin's hatred for Petor

>gwen becomes a mere casualty instead of a victim of premeditated murder

>it happens in a fucking clock tower

>cogs falling appart

>muh_profound_tempus_fugit_allegory.webm

>petor_you_should_have_been_more_with_her_petor_times_up_bitch.gif

>the fucking web hand

>i_get_hes_trying_to_reach_her_no_need_for_blatant_symbolic_imagery_why_dont_you_also_crucify_spidey_mid-air_so_i_can_get_hes_a_savior.jpg

>head smash was deliciously crude and brutal but...

>aside from not using the original neck snap, it eliminates the super drammatic moment of Petor thinking he saved Gwen and realising he killed her

IT'S SHIT

Nearly all of this is wrong.

>He literally did nothing wrong.
No, seriously everything was building up to revenge but her ass wasn't even dead.

the banter with the car thief in ASM1 was pretty much perfect as far as i'm concerned.

I think it's really stupid when comics and cartoons suddenly add realism, details and realistic physics to a world which previously had none of them.

"All Dogs Go To Heaven 2" was shit, but the villain's scenes were pretty great.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ylugcd_Zt2g

I didn't like this movie much (felt like a PG-13 more boring version of a comic it's based on, in my opinion) but this scene was fantastic and a big improvement over a scene in the comic where this character only appear to be immediately killed by Frank.

youtube.com/watch?v=MW4BDL0NKDA

>The webbing turns into a hand

I liked the web hand

I was entertained all through that movie though.
Despite the comic being superior.
Everybody did a swell job I think.
And Thomas Jane was good.

Try to find "Dirty Laundry" - a fan movie with Jane as Punisher again. It's very spot on.

At least the parachutes/tools have a function and are deliberately made, the web hand was just shitty symbolism.

youtu.be/6wKdM013szo?t=2m8s
only good scene in the whole movie, tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=n8SrEyTRs0A
"bad" movie