Ed Edd and Eddy

>Ed Edd and Eddy
>KnD
>DBZ

Is it just because we were young when we saw them that we think they're better, more magical than what we get now? Do kids watch yhe stuff on Nick and CN and feel the same magic we did, just from different shows, or are they really not getting as good an experience as us?

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1272508
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody thinks Dragonball is good. It's like pro-wrestling: absolute trash, nothing more than muscly sweaty men fighting with a toiler-paper-thin plot, hammy acting, and low production values.

I realized its not even in the same category after I posted. I like it though.

Fuck off
derpibooru.org/1272508

No, seriously, how hard is it for you faggots to not shill your shitty toddlers' show?
Especially since you already posted this same shit a few days ago

What? So someone posted that image on a pony forum. Its fucking Pland from Ed Edd and Eddy.

Face it, Lee. You made this thread to shill your bot all because some user posted a puppet.

I'm not even kidding, you fucking faggots need to fucking kill yourselves already

You know, how are YOU not shilling when you're pointing out pictures NO ONE thought was pony, giving the ponyfags credit, and literally spamming links to a pony website?

But next to it is Boulder, Maud Pie's pet rock.

i feel like the standards for writing in cartoons peaked in the late 90's. i was only 5 in 2000 so most of my exposure was reruns, but dexters lab, courage, ed edd n eddy, and powerpuff girls still hold up.

almost as good as the walt disney/chuck jones eras in my opinion. the 70's, 80's, mid-late 2000s, and 2010's are pretty much garbage with some diamonds in the rut.

And? It's a fucking rock. It is not a pony. Therefore, the mods won't do jack shit about it.

I'm just demonstrating why your shit needs to be fucking deleted.
Especially when the same shit keeps getting spammed since you think you're so ebin!!! and clever.

lol seems someone is obsessed with MLP. i didnt even notice the rock until it was pointed out

>Maud Pie

Huh. I just got the pun in her name.

If I saw a fucking jar of JAM as a vector from the show get deleted, then I can use the same logic to get your shit deleted as well.

Happened when you reposted your shitty thread the second time around. This is the third.

Hey lee, Ive been writing a fanfic about you. Tell me what you think of it so far

>The Goldson residence:
>Lee comes home from college. For the third time that week he skipped all his classes and instead stayed in the library, scouring google for mentions of the words "Barney" and "Pony". The crusades had to continue.
>His mom had a plate of chicken tendies ready for him.
>"Not now mom, I got work to do"
>Lee quickly decended the steps to tbe basement. Yes, there was work to do.
>The newest episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was about to start, and if he was gling to protect Sup Forums and Sup Forums, he had to know his enemy.
>Lee stumbled over his Big Macintosh dildo that he'd left on the stairs. This wasnt the only peice of pony paraphernalia he had parused. He had ammassed quite a collection of pony merch. As much as it sickened him to look at, he knew that in order to be successful in his crusade he had to know everything. Even the slightest pony related image had to be identified and pointed out.
>Lee flipped on the TV. It was already tuned to the right station. He cringed as he heard the theme some begin to play. As usual, he put his hand down his pants and watched the show in shame.
>When the show was over and he had half heartedly wipes up the aftermath with his rag, already covered in evidence of MLP viewings in the past, Lee slid out his chair from his desk, pressed the power switch of his computer and leaned back, listening to the warm buzzing of the fans.

Can't have them shilling their shit where they're not supposed to

And when was that exactly? There was literally a thread about an apple and that stayed afloat, just like this thread is right now. If you really think the mods or even Hiro would give a fuck about fanart of a rock and a plank being posted here, then you and your bot can just get of this board.

Not like you fucking degenerates have anything smart to come up with either.
It's clear you put no effort into it if only to put the minimum amount required to shill your shitty toddlers' show.

Argue all you want, one thing people cant display is all these shows were very diverse and different. From action to slapstick to weekly eps to ongoing narratives. Something fir everyone.

Now its choose your Calarts style hipster comedy meme bullshit, each comes with a new coat of paint!

That's a bit inaccurate, I usually have a laptop with me :^0

>Ed Edd and Eddy
>KnD
>DBZ

I was just barely too old to really get into any of these shows as kid, and don't feel any particular attachment to them today. All of my friends who are 2-3 years younger than me think they were amazing and have fond memories of them.

You're also forgetting that the '90s had a gigantic sea of awful crap that you don't remember.

I'm pretty sure they ended GR15, people just haven't realized it yet.

Wow. Actually surprised you're having kindof a sense of humor about it... I think?

>I'm pretty sure they ended GR15, people just haven't realized it yet.

>checks Sup Forums's bans log
>/vg/ - 3 days - Global 15 - Pony/Ponies Outside of /mlp/
Lol nope
lol no they haven't

Again, what is your diagnosed mental disorder? I got hours to kill making these threads. I can choose to go to sleep instead if you tell me.

It's so irrelevant. There are hardly any bronies now, the show is 7 years old. The rule is ridiculous at this point.

I have none, whatever bullshit you may think I have is clearly outweighed by your lust for shitty toddlers' shows like MLP and your inability to not antagonize people who don't like it.

For years now (frankly, since its inception) it's only caused problems and solved nothing. It needs to go, and the entitled "everyone has walk on eggshells for people who don't like things" attitude that has ruined this website needs to go with it.

>It's so irrelevant. There are hardly any bronies now
The containment board is still among the top 20 fastest on the site.
If you really think it's that ridiculous, try convincing the mods on IRC to change their mind.
PROTIP: It won't work.

Ha ha, you checked.

Lol it sure as hell isn't going with the upcoming theatrical movie in October, that's for sure
If you want to make one of those "state of Sup Forums" meta-threads with that being the main issue, good luck trying to get the mods let alone Hiro to read that shit.

Just making sure, faggot

If people give me the time of day, I act a bit different than when people continue to antagonize me.

Not like OP actually cared, all he wanted to do was shill a shitty toddlers' show.

>implying

Yeah, those fuckers are really uncreative.

But then again, I can't say I'm particularly surprised

being a canadian counts as a mental disorder?

That's what Sup Forums tells you.

You also have to consider the time period. We didn't get a choice on what we watched, you watched what was on TV or you didn't watch anything. That forced a lot more kids to watch and become fans of cartoons of the past. If today's kids don't want to watch 16 hours of TTGo in a row, they hop on their iPad and stream literally anything.

As for DBZ, which is a complete orange to those 2 apples you posted, it's the same story. An entire generation looks at DBZ as the peak of anime. People that hate anime tune in to Toonami every week because they loved DBZ as a kid. When there aren't any other options, shit looks pretty appetizing.

i despised the first two, so...

Again, do you actually think OP gives a shit? I doubt it.

Not like OP cares.

Yea I guess I didn't catch this was a bait thread, oops

It's actually not a bot, but I wish I had such deep knowledge to know of that.

Don't worry, you may be oblivious, but that's ok. once you know their ways, you can spot their shit every time.

Too bad OP isn't actually serious

And it sucks too, but apparently degenerates don't want to listen

But in all seriousness, I really do hate them

posting it once can be a mistake, twice is ignorance, three times it's just plain shilling. Now get out

barneyfag save us

Hey look it's that pet rock!

This. When you couldn't binge watch an entire show in a day or three you actually got attached to that show you had to diligently follow for years to see through the entire thing.

>Nobody thinks Dragonball is good.

user, just because you don't think it's good doesn't mean that nobody does

Fuck off
derpibooru.org/1272508

What did he mean by this?

Seriously, fucking fuck off

>An entire generation looks at DBZ as the peak of anime. People that hate anime tune in to Toonami every week because they loved DBZ as a kid. When there aren't any other options, shit looks pretty appetizing

What? Toonami also played shit like Tenchi Muyo, Gundam, Outlaw Star.Toonami was a gateway for all types of anime.

What's happening? Is this user stalking the guy in your picture and posting this same thing in reply each time he sees the latter?

That'd explain why I keep seeing this randomly appearing in threads that had nothing to do with Barney or MLP.

Kids of today would definitely think the cartoons we watched as a kid are garbage.

However, there will never be a character in all of media better thank Plank

>Is it just because

I can already tell you the answer is no

>Do kids watch yhe stuff on Nick and CN and feel the same magic we did

Cartoons are going through a weird transitional phase, but good cartoons aren't that difficult to find. It just doesn't help that Sup Forums doesn't watch the cartoons it shits on

>It just doesn't help that Sup Forums doesn't watch the cartoons it shits on
This shit didn't happen when I first started luring Sup Forums all those years ago. What the fuck happened?

derpibooru.org/1272508

I still like both user

No, seriously, how hard is it for you faggots to not shill your shitty toddlers' show?

Which one's your favorite?

It's alright. This is a judgement free zone. You can admit it. Besides, theres no way fo us to know if you're sexually attracted to your favorite.

derpibooru.org/1272508

Literally no purpose at all

I feel like the older I get the more I appreciate EEnE and Dragonball respectively. The fact that I am more jaded as an adult now and can still think that EEnE is one of the best cartoons ever is a testament to just how well controlled and good the writing, animation and acting were. Obviously it wasn't flawless but damn is it satisfying.

Dragonball is one of those things that, had I based off of the anime, I probably wouldn't like it much anymore. But because I read the manga from beginning to end I really just appreciate Toriyama's art style and how good he is at drawing easy to follow and good flowing action scenes. Not to mention how great he is at designing mechs and vehicles.

He's barneyfag, he has a severe form of autism that requires him to reverse image search everything on Sup Forums and then spam the shit out of any thread that has any image even vaguely tied to MLP. Even if the thread has nothing to do with it, even if the image has no immediately discernible ties to it.

Can't have them shilling their shit here

You realize you're bringing more attention to it yourself than OP did right? Nobody would look at a fucking rock and think "this must be from that one show, I should really check it out!" But because you're autistic you don't understand basic concepts like this. I'm gonna stop replying and enabling you, feel free to get in the last word if you want.

>implying

derpibooru.org/1272508

Literally no reason for this to exist

I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't hold nostalgic feelings over those kinds of shows. now, I don't hate them, but they're not some mystical paragons of my childhood.

It might just be me feeling a hate for anime since I was a lad. back on techtv they showed this block called animation Unleashed (?). They showed alot of crap back in my day. I remember Serial Experiments lain, Betterman, silent Mobius, Gad Guard, Dual Parallel adventures, and I believe they even showed Cowboy bebop once in a while. And I'll be honest, looking back on them, were BORING as hell.

On the flip side though, the good shows of my childhood often held up to the test of time, like pre-cancellation family guy, the first three seasons of spongebob, the first few seasons of the simpsons, etc. They don't need nostalgia glasses to be good, as they're still good by today's standards.

derpibooru.org/1272508

I used to report your posts, but since I've been getting banned for no reason in the last few months I just let all the shit-posting go by now. I bet you were created by mod abuse. I understand now.

I seriously want to know how you are so acutely aware of a show that you hate, that you can recognize a secondary character's pet rock

Don't reply to him it's just a waste of time

Years of seeing these degenerates trying to get away with it and other fags who are in on it posting shit like "Subtle." when they do.

Neither KnD nor DBZ hold up particularly well. KnD in particular I used to love as a kid but rewatching it now it seems really dull and unexceptional.

Ed Edd and Eddy, on the other hand, is even better than when I remember watching it. I was surprised at how well it still holds up.

Too bad OP isn't actually serious.

derpibooru.org/1272508

Great thread guys.

A FUCKING ROCK