/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: Recommend a lesser known film from the year that corresponds to the last two digits of this OP

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/farre/
youtube.com/watch?v=suEIGyl3qTI
youtube.com/watch?v=dYduDWEEmAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A Clockwork Orange

Glad to have finally rolled a non-nerd year
Rec some good 1971 films to me friends

For now I will suggest abominable dr phibes, it's like a bong 70s saw, really creative murders with Vincent price and an incredible sense of style
good Halloween watching!

A touch of zen & Du coté d'Orouët

What are they about/why are they good

1946 was the year It's A Wonderful Life was released
It bombed at the box office.

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Google told me they were good films from 71

That might just be my

FUCK YOU

The Panic In Needle Park
Walkabout

Questions are for the apes. If a man thinks, he should be asking the question himself. Griffith made statements, not questions, and the weak are offended by them. This is why Bergman never fulfilled his life's ambition to be as good as his idol, DW Griffith. He died trying and never managed an ounce let alone an equal.

>hippie shit

Who was ingrid bergman influenced by?

>trusting jewgle
Oops!

>And why is it 49 not 50
There are only 49 posters on the image!!!!!!

Her superior

me

YOU WHORE

letterboxd.com/farre/

you

>wahhhh the facts offend me
>b-b-b-but my pwecious burpman couldn't have liked that EVIL racist Griffith!

everyone should watch Gentleman's Agreement (1947) so everyone can finally learn agree on everything

AHHAHAHAHHHAHHHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHH

>ingrid burpman

Go eat a dick bruce

lol

lol

effeminate faggot

His superior

He already has!

Griffith loved the negros! To say he didn't would be to say he hated his own children!

were you too lazy to scroll

Renoir is the beta pacifist version of Griffith.

"I hope Emily Jean doesn't hate me, she's the only being I've ever loved" ~ D.W. Griffith

what a cutie!!!

cringe

he put all that work into his beautiful name and all you can say is "cringe"

>le obscure unknown films

look everyone, Bruce is crying!

bs photoshop

Bruce only cries when he's starstuck over Emily Jean

Jean-luc Godard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jacques Rivette>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alain Resnais>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Claude Chabrol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Francois Truffaut>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Varda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Malle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rohmer

Post that meme i like

Emily Jean-Luc Godard was influenced by Griffith, bucko.

Francis Truefow was influenced by Griffith
pic related

griffith is shit faggot

If he was so shit then why was everyone influenced by him?

griffith didn't do anything except bore me

Boredom is a symptom of low attention span, low attention span is a symptom of infantilism, infantilism is a symptom of bad genes, bad genes are a symptom of delayed evolution.

>bore
That's why Bruce gave low stars to every Griffith work!

Hi, Nylon TV, I'm Clara Bow...
*chooooooooooo*
And that's a boat!
*laughs*
The timing was impeccable!

Clara Bow>Emma Hoe

Emma Stone>Clara Hope

>*neighs
ftfy

I WANT AUDREY HEPBURN TO

do really disgusting things

touch of zen is good coz it's a kung fu movie but it's still smart

the other is good because it has cute french girls chilling at the beach

>kung fu movie
>smart
And here I thought all kung foo movies were dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=suEIGyl3qTI

Greta Gerwig's directorial debut #LadyBird is remains at 100% , with 40 reviews

What would you do if you were able to siphon and harvest the excrement of the most bodacious beauty you knew

i'd make this post

So they're only good if you're a lonely beta. got it

I'll never know what it is since you never made it and I can't see it

How does one partition and preserve terminable quantities of another's fecal matter?

Why do the 21st century middlebrow perceive lack of humor as distinctly intellectual?

The true purpose of the intellect is to interpret the information coming to us through our senses. Intellect comes from the latin "intellectus," which means to understand, thus confirming this claim. Creation is, and always will be, the job of the soul. The soul is something Damon Lindeloff clearly does not understand, so my recommendation to him would be to stop relying on his intellect so heavily, as it is not very big to begin with.

And why is camp frowned upon by these hordes? A Fine Madness is perhaps the definitve, doubly best representation of anti-social common man plight and severely puts the likes of akin to the route taken by A Clockwork Orange, The Devil Probably, or There Will Be Blood to shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=dYduDWEEmAA

Wrong. Information can be absorbed from anything and anywhere. The idea of self-effacing self-conscious monotonous seriousness being a constituent trait of distinctly intellectual material is anything but, especially if the content is just a vehicle for hemorrhaging ideas or just a vehicle for stimulating tepid emotion.

Any conscious thinker already interprets ideas and asks their own questions. They don't need a source to tell or forcibly expound them.

What is this?

megaautist encountering a child molester without any sense of disgust

"A film without a message is just a waste of time." ~ Peter Griffith

what's a good monday movie?

Bad Boys

Griffith neithers tell nor forcibly expounds. Griffith reveals and hides. Take his frontality as an example. What is in front? His windowed view disrupts the seemingly omniscient nature of his crosscuts, masks, and irises. Total omniscience and total reality is an impossibility. Griffith knows this and Griffith consciously knows you see what he wants you to see.

>Griffith neithers tell nor forcibly expounds.
ahem
*picrelated*

Griffith is a wizard. Welles is a child magician.

That's in a picture not a moving picture

Everything he can do, she can do better. And she can do everything better than her.

>how to trigger the letterboxd
>bring Griffith to the conversation

There is nothing more despicable than a cinephile

The cinema is a tawdry and vulgar medium.

I find it absolutely hilarious how each Jon Watts, Tom Holland, and Zendaya all made such a poor remake of Stone's works.

The Cat o’ Nine Tails

>top 25 all time

stone suuuuuux u suuuuuuk

Not happening buckaroo

You think I jest, but Renoir carries Griffith on his vest with unashamed zeal, gleefully appropriating every technique, theme, and even content. From Toni being a shallow Idol Dancer to The River being a pale imitation of True Heart Susie disguised by technicolor fluff and Elena and Her Men being a dingily forged Lady of the Pavements. Griffith was a forward thinker, while Renoir was a backward-walking clown.