Serious questions:

Serious questions:

Who even likes Kang the Conqueror? Other than Mark Waid, apparently.

And... why?

I'll admit, the time travel gimmick is good for some interesting plots, but that's more when his presence allows the Avengers to be shunted off to some interesting history/future (alternative or otherwise), not because of the character himself. You could do that same gimmick with literally any character who has access to time travel. Hell, Dr. Doom has been responsible for stories like that, and he fucking rules.

Plus, the dude has to be up there in the top 5 most confusing Marvel characters, perhaps only second to Stryfe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCHM1do5Vqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Busiek.

And I like him because of everything Busiek did with him.

read Avengers Forever

Kang is awesome, time travel goofery is great. i love his wacky ass

i like the stories involving him because they have that wonderful 60s flavor on them, but I don't care about the actual guy himself

>character named Vision
>firing blindly
cmon guy he aint THAT ugly. and you's a robut.

>Who even likes Kang the Conqueror?
I thought everyone liked Sue Storm.

I like him. I just think he's been sort of forgotten about and not used to his full potential any more. He needs a revamp, as much as I love Kirby his style is outdated now.

Marvel needs to revisit the timeline as Kang proposed it, where everything becomes a technological utopia because of all these super powered people, but it falls apart into feuding city-states and stuff, where Kang comes in.

So any future time traveling story should validate/canonize what Kang says happens. Just to make everything make sense. I'm tired of people forgetting about Kang.

Kang is easily my favorite Avengers villain.

While, yes, his history and interactions can be confusing, the fact that he's conquered timelines and such out of sheer boredom with his home time is pretty awesome. Hell, he runs a small town in America in his spare time, creating with future technology the building blocks for Earth-616 tech via Timely, Inc.
Shit, at a certain point it gets recursive considering that he's the descendant of Nathaniel Richards, providing the basic tech that Nathaniel's son ends up using.

>Who even likes Kang the Conqueror?

When he makes it in the movies, I'm sure we'll see tons of Kang fans crawl out of the woodwork to say "I WAS A FAN ALL ALONG AND THE RUINED HIM REEEEEEE" since it happens every time they adapt a C lister.

No one likes Ultimate Sue

>Mouseketeers

Don't count on it, he's tied to Fox.

>Kang
>C lister

WE WUZ KANGS

Black Panther, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were also tied to Fox.

>Pharaoh/Immortal Wizard/Conqueror/Doom/not-Doom
He's groovy user.

This

Busiek did a great job of defining Kang & explaining why he doesn't 'just kill the Avengers in their cribs'. He uses time travel to go and FIGHT battles not to win them per se.

Kang can be decent but he has some of the most inconsistent powerlevels. Sometimes Thor cannot harm him at all and then he gets oneshot by Doom. He should be damn impossible for nearly anyone to outright kill based on having any little gadget from any corner of time and space.

>He needs a revamp, as much as I love Kirby his style is outdated now.

I definitely think he needs to lose the puffy shirt and weird helmet things.

>I definitely think he needs to lose the puffy shirt and weird helmet things.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Glad someone else agrees with me. I don't think a lot of comic readers realize how much character designs are reflecting the fashion of the day, even the fictional fashion that's going on in other stuff. Sometimes designs end up being timeless though, like Spider-Mans. But Kang's is too dated for the early 60s.

He's aesthetically outdated, but it's still a valid and awesome character concept. So I think giving him a Sinestro-tier revamp will help him out.

I completely agree, even though I kind of like the image of an outdated-looking hero in the middle of a current era book.

One of the problems I have with his design is that at first sight you get absolutely no information about his alignment, habilities or backstory. It took me some backtracking to sort of understand what the fuck he was.

What a pussy.

I really can't stand Kang. If he shows up in a story just expect it not make any sense. Kang himself doesn't even make sense as a character.

Fuck him and fuck Waid for shilling him so much.

Was his design in AA a nod to Birdy Nam Nam?

youtube.com/watch?v=lCHM1do5Vqw

>Black Panther
First I'm hearing of this

i do. time-travel, council of kangs, ravonna.

>And... why?
I love his design

Kang, Thanos, Dr. Doom and Ultron are pretty much the same character with slight differences.

>If he shows up in a story just expect it not make any sense.

Case in point, the latest issue of Old Man Logan. Even though that was Logan getting mind-fucked.

I like the potential he has the problem is writer's never use him right. He could be a great long term thinker/plan type villain like Vandal Savage was in Young Justice

Howzzat?
Thanos is in love with an abstract notion, and wants to kill as much as possible to show his devotion

Doom thinks he's the best and is pissed off everyone else doesn't recognize that (and also hates Reed Richards)

Ultron is just a super pissed off robot with weird familial issues

I don't see the connection, other than the fact that their powers are kind of indistinct