BLACK LIGHTNING moves to CW

>EXCLUSIVE: Lightning may strike three times, with a third Greg Berlanti-produced comic book series developed/launched at another network heading to the CW.

>I’ve learned that Black Lightning, the high-profile drama based on the DC character, which had a big production commitment at Fox, is on the move and likely to land at the CW. The project comes from Greg Berlanti, king of the CW’s DC universe, The Game and Being Mary Jane creator Mara Brock Akil and her husband Salim Akil. Discussions are still underway but I hear the drama would likely get a pilot order.

>This is a swift turnaround for the project, which was shopped by Warner Bros. TV immediately after Fox opted not to go to pilot. I hear Fox brass ultimately decided that the superhero show was not a good fit into its already crowded genre drama space that includes the DC/WBTV series Gotham and Lucifer, Seth MacFarlane’s upcoming space dramedy, and two pilots, the X-Men-themed drama written by Matt Nix and The Passage, all from 20th TV.

deadline.com/2017/02/black-lightning-dc-comic-drama-move-the-cw-greg-berlanti-1201901139/

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/a-live-action-black-lightning-series-is-in-development-a144934
i.imgur.com/dwthtRj.gifv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God, it's to the point where I don't even want to discuss black characters on this site anymore, because I know a racist shitstorm is always inevitable.

Are we getting literal black lightning? Because that'd be cool.

That's what they've done with recent interpretations of the character and it looks pretty cool

whoa, someone's gonna be really mad they made him white

welcome to the cwverse

Just change CW into DC Network already.

Good. Fox would've had a bad job like Gotham .

CWverse now has
Black Lightning
Katana
Markovia
Stagg Industry

They just might be able to make a team WB won't use for movies.

I hope he's already a father, I like his daughters

>Katana

Not anymore.

Plus Geoforce is already dead.

Katana has shown up since the movie.

And when did Geoforce even show up much less die?

To wrap up her storyline, never to be seen again.

Also Brion Markov was the creator of the earthquake machine in season 1 of "Arrow". Malcolm killed him in the penultime episode of that season.

Oh yeah that guy. Oh well. Can't really seem to get that upset about Geoforce dying.

Well, he did in the old logline.

>Jefferson Pierce is a meta-human with electric powers who hung up his suit and secret identity years ago to become a high school teacher. But with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, Pierce is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend - Black Lightning".

comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/a-live-action-black-lightning-series-is-in-development-a144934

But then again these things change when the networks change. When Berlanti first pitched SUPERGIRL to The CW Winn was gay and Alex was evil and fucking Hank.

I feel like that is innevitable. Sooner or later CW gonna get renamed/rebranded as DCW or something like that

>implying Winn isn't still gay as Christmas

I am cautiously optimistic

>When Berlanti first pitched SUPERGIRL to The CW Winn was gay and Alex was evil and fucking Hank.
Source?

He totally wants to Eiffel towered by Mon-El and Jimmy

>To wrap up her storyline, never to be seen again.
Her family was mentioned in an episode of LoT

This is so obvious it amazes me it hasn't become a plot point.
But I guess they're busy having the lesbians suck the air out of the room every 15 minutes.

>CW
So its another fucking teen drama, great

The character breakdowns leaked.

Gotham is great though

>Black Lightning meets Joe
Welp I'm sold

CW is the only network that can support DC heroes effectively for the time-being.

I like the fact that CW is utilizing the B-Listers of DC.

Fuck, give me Metamorpho, The Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Adam Strange, Raven, Starfire, the Blackhawks, and everyone else who isn't tied to Superman, Batman, WW, or the nu-52 Justice League.

I hope Static shows up in his show. Black Lightning and Static teaming up would be cool.

>they make him a redhead

Lets be honest at the rate these shows are spinning off amd getting greenlit, CW may actually just become a comic book channel.

Like dont they have a comic show on every day of there line up? They only have like ten shows in the first place!

You know, it's really fucking lazy to have black superheroes with electric powers. Why not give him gravity, wind generation, hard light, or something else?

>Interesting as fuck character
>Great design
>Happens to be black
>Not plagued by fanboys since he's not top tier
>Be made by CW not netflix like Daredevil
I can just picture it now. He's gonna be some half black smarmy bisexual muslim to tease the shipping faggots who watch that garbage.

See Don't be.

He's an original character and not replacing another character, so I don't think you'll get nearly racist response you're counting on.

and well the rest is usually people fucking with you just because

Fuck off.

This art and design reminds me of the art and designs from Milestone.

Am I wrong though? I'm all for exclusivity in comics and shows but when they're so shallow as to shoehorn in that bullshit it's retarded.

>exclusivity
>*inclusivity

I thought The CW had said there were gonna be no more DC shows, pretty recently? Also fuck this, first they save supergirl and possibly this but not Constantine?

or the right to vote

>is my thing I just made up wrong
Considering you had to make it up, yes.

I wonder which Earth he will be at, Arrow/Flash/Legends or Supergirl or separated again?

They saved Constantine by making him 2d.

>Not Static
Being Static Shock is suffering

>archie might go zombie horror
>flash green arrow supergirl and rip hunter and maybe black lightning all have their own shows with crossovers
Gonna be honest here the melodrama still pisses me off a good bit but this shit is kinda cool fuck it

>Promoting an actual black character instead of race swapping

It's really shitty that I'm actually excited we're getting an actual black superhero, not a blackface superhero.

BL has more history, his own family, and has been around since the Superfriend's days. This guy has been around since the 70's and he's never gotten any love, not even like Static did with his own crappy cartoon.

I'd say include static if you have to, but I'm just glad a hero like him is getting his own chance to shine.

Black Lightning?

I really hope that this means that his CW-manditory ground team are the Outsiders.

How did Green Arrow leave Katana? I wasn't watching it when she was on, but I know she was there.

Wait shit if black lightning and flash fought could he pull that farooq shit and depower barry instantly?

One step closer to live action afro-mask

considering barry got ghosted by a weak bitch this week, anything is possible. They make barry job to people that shouldn't even be able to see him coming.

Neat

Well, first Archie needs to go bankrupt and get bought by WB, then Riverdale gets it's DC crossover to turn Jughead into Captain Hero.

eh, wind is for asians or southeast asians or middle east folk. hard light needs to have tech behind it or it's a bullshit power. i cant think of a gravity manipulating hero though, so yeah that could work. it'd go with bein' black pretty nicely. as would bone-armor and spikes, which is why Spyke was pretty cool once he lost the totally radical aspects

massive kek

>Seth MacFarlane’s upcoming space dramedy, and two pilots
Hmmm?

Nice trips

oh right i forgot how not shit most cw shows are

Could it be?

Could we finally get an adaptation of the Outsiders that won't suck or be cut off before it even begins?

>They make barry job to people that shouldn't even be able to see him coming.
They also made everything barry's fault.

Black Lightning is cool I hope his show/pilot is good.

>Tfw DC wants to make their own Luke Cage

k
E
k

HOLLEEEY SHIIIT

>Also Brion Markov was the creator of the earthquake machine in season 1 of "Arrow". Malcolm killed him in the penultime episode of that season.

Couldn't they easily handwave that by saying he was just one of the bastard kids and had a different middle name or something? It's not like anyone would really care that much.

No thanks I had my fill of soap opera's with 10 minutes of capeshit, gave up arrow and legends, and don't plan on looking back.

Static's powers aren't lighting based. He's a human electromagnet.

Or just handwave his survival as part of Barry changing the timeline. I doubt anyone will object.

meanwhile last night:
i.imgur.com/dwthtRj.gifv

This is like something out of a comedy sketch.

>The project comes from Greg Berlanti, king of the CW’s DC universe, The Game and Being Mary Jane creator Mara Brock Akil and her husband Salim Akil.
>black people are required to make show about black person
yeah, that frame of mind worked out so well with supergirl

They'll just give them the same powers to make it easier on the FX team. Subtle nuances would just confuse the audience anyway, and it would be better to focus on the inter-generational aspect. But they'll probably make them both college age and have the guy playing Virgil pretend to be in high school.

Cool

Holy shit. I know they tried making it seem like a cool scene, but it just seems so cringey and ridiculous.

Anyways, they better not fuck up Black Lightning.

Shit. Glad I dropped Arrow midway last season. Really dodged a bullet. Well I still had the first part of last season but glad I didn't have to keep suffering through this shit.

CW is named so for CBS and WB you silly precum babies

That just wouldn't work. I'm sure they would allow him to move metal and such. DC TV puts people a least in the right power territories.

Then what the fuck was upn?

The Top is a girl who makes people experience vertigo
The Atom is an Iron Man knock off who couldn't shrink for like half a season

Damn, I thought it was going to be from Fox.

I'm still excited for it but I really wanted something that wasn't the normal CW shows.

>black lightning

I hope so because it's cool as fuck.

How much does Disney pay you?

>not Static
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fucking retard.

They've had Vixen in those shows for ages.

Static could be his protege, right?
There could be an entire Big Bang subplot, right?

;_;

The can't do everything right. But Barry can run through time. King Shark was King Shark. We are about to get a Music Miester episode. I'm sure if Static appeared they would do him to the best of their budget and not make him Black Lighting Jr.

>people are seriously excited for this monkey's paw bullshit

What's wrong with you all?

don't forget Livewire absorbed and threw back the speedforce lightning bolt Barry threw at her knocking him senseless for a bit.

most of Arrow has been for the last couple seasons. but hey now we have Black Canary number 4 so things gotta get better right?

United Paramount Network CBS owns Paramount

we're eternally optimistic even though it keeps biting us in the ass

not CW, I know, but when is Powerless coming out?
it seemed like it could be fun

It premiered earlier tonight.

shit. missed it.
was it good?

The Top induces vertigo in the comics too.

Save Static for Titans.

literally who? Is he a D-lister or what?

Popular back in the day. D-List probably now. He has several character knock offs or inspirations like Black Volt from Super Friends. He's the black guy with lightning powers that started the whole black guys with lightning powers thing.

I'll be honest and say I'd rather a Static

Read a goddamned comic you casual faggot

solid 5/10

because you have poor taste

>OG thunder nigga
You tell me