I know HISHE is a parody series but they do bring up very legitimate points about the movie...

I know HISHE is a parody series but they do bring up very legitimate points about the movie. What a piece of fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9e5epVDd9h0

>Sup Forums ignores it while sucking marlel cock

of course

Here you go, have a (You)

Is the movie bad?

That's kind of the problem of Magic. It breaks too many rules.

Which points? The slingrings to rob the library, the guns, Dormammu sucker killing Strange, or Strange abusing time?

It's just very formulaic. It's your typical origin story, with some mostly shitty comedy on the side. Has nice visuals though. 7/10

>very legitimate points

so is phineas and ferb
but i like both

The movie implies that Strange using the ring to take books was something relatively new. Strange was a genius with a perfect memory and an insane natural gift for magic, once he accepted it. I doubt anyone else could have used the rings like he did.

I have to assume there's a reason none of them bothered with guns, but we'll see.

Dormammu absolutely would not sucker punch Strange, he'd tried killing him and it didn't work. Strange forced the concept of time on a timeless being, that was literally Hell for Dormammu. He wouldn't risk it again.

Strange changing time was always implied to be extremely dangerous, and the Ancient One wanted to die, it was her time.

The movie is entertaining enough. I used a pass and saw it as straight digital. If I had paid for the pass, it would have been a $6 cost. The movie wasn't worth $13-15 much less the surcharge for 3D, although if you like Inception, you might have enjoyed it for the 3D.

HISHE usually has a collection of nitpicky points and Everyone Does It points, but it also picks out some really brain-dead issues that a lot of people let slide. In this case, they were well deserved call-outs. You don't agree, do your own video.

Like what exactly?

People who use HISHE, Cinema Sins, or RedLetterMedia for that matter, as arguments, don't have a leg to stand on.

Or...
1) Strange already had been let into the library. He of course could use rings to access it. I would assume the others had been blocked somehow, with magic or some shit, requiring them to kick the door in the old fashioned way.

2) Why the fuck would you carry a gun if you're magic? Its like training to use guns, then carrying around a stick of dynamite. Sure it could be useful, but you're really going to carry it around all the time just in case it is?

3) I would think Dormammu couldn't reach into the world yet. Strange had to come to him.

4) I think its more the fact that so much time had gone past. Strange was reversing time in the short term, I don't think he is at the level yet where he could safely turn back hours and days. Weeks, months. Several years.

Cinema Sins straight up ignores shit in the movie. He'll complain about "plot holes" or question something that's explained in the very next scene.

At least HISHE brings up shit like the "The government is calling the Avengers dangerous and a threat to safety when it was the UN who decided to drop a nuke on NYC"

Both are still pretty cringey with how they bring up their points. Sure, it's amusing to nitpick things, but HISHE is pretty one-note, and that note is "let's sarcastically point out a plothole with either overblown sarcasm or a character acting retarded as they point out the irony of something easily missed".

The Avengers are un-elected individuals and the public hates and fears Wanda.

The Avengers being visibly dysfunctional and inept as a team, as the world witnessed in Civil War, has tarnished them.

Many people may well view the UN's actions regarding NYC to be a necessary sacrifice to save the Earth.

Dormammu has no experience of time. Him being an egotist and arrogant makes him especially fearful of time, which he does not understand.

Worth noting that that Strange's ruse would not work at all on Shuma Gorath, Chthon (the Book of Cagliostro is based on the Darkhold), Nightmare, Mephisto, or Set, who all have a firm understanding of time.

>Worth noting that that Strange's ruse would not work at all on Shuma Gorath, Chthon (the Book of Cagliostro is based on the Darkhold), Nightmare, Mephisto, or Set, who all have a firm understanding of time.
kind of a moot point isnt it? Strange's gambit was entirely based on the fact that Dormammu's realm had no time, so by introducing it he had an edge over Dormammu. there no reason to assume he'd use the same tactic on someone who didnt have that kind of snag

>Dormammu couldn't reach into the world yet

Pretty much the point of everything. His followers still fought Strange, and the reason he didn't betray Strange, is because he still couldn't affect the earth dimension. The followers were his only influence.

I don't understand something.If Dormammu's dimension is a timeless dimension and Strange introduced the concept of time to it and put it in a time loop, what does it happen? If there is no time before, does Dormammu not age or progress or anything? And if he's now in a time loop, what's the difference? At least he gets to kill a guy forever and still be sustained forever before time looping back to a stage where he's in pretty good health. Why does it matter if he's in a time loop? How does no time dimension work? I don't understand.

Also I really fucking hate how Dormammu looks. He's Thanos chin but entire face.

Yeah, cinema sins is nit picky garbage. HISHE is just silly alternatives to how scenes could play out.

Strange should have bribed Dormammu

CinemaSins is unwatchable. Their very first videos were only like 3 minutes long and obvious pointers in mistakes or 'plot holes.' Until the fucker started making 30min videos were like 4/500 of his Sin Count actually makes sense.

Obviously CinemaSins is parody, but it's trash and not even funny. HISHE is just as cringey.

Actually, the part I'm confused is why Dormammu would be aware of the time rewinds. Shouldnt awareness be limited to the user?

It's my least favorite Marvel movie.

No, it is not bad, but it's not great either.

Five out of seven? It looks pretty great.

its a typical 8/10 marvel movie. fun to watch but not really remarkable

It's my fave so far. Only one I outright recommended to friends on its strengths. Went to see it a second time with 'em too.

Cinema sins is more like "How many inside jokes and put inside a movie"

I feel it's worth noting that the slingring is just about the only thing the Studio people invented from scratch for the movie.

*In the comics
I'm pretty sure the Dark Dimension has time *in the comics, too.
Shuma et al would work however the movies want them to work, presuming they even get into the MCU.

I'm just sad that they failed to make a joke about how Strange and Ironman were both Sherlock.

It's alright, the only thing that sets it apart is how it used CGI to do things practical effects could never hope to achieve.

Orrrrrr:

>The Book of Cagliostro was in TAO's private collection, you have to physically extend it from the wall AND undo the clasps. Not to mention potential mystic safeguards. Strange himself didn't use the slingring trick to read it, he had to be there in person. Furthermore, Kaecillius has a pose to lead; maybe he wanted to make an emphatic point with the beheading.

>There are almost certainly magical safeguards to deal with common weaponry. Mystics consistently fight/kill other mystics with either artifacts or bound weapons, not common ones. The love interest says it herself, "I've never seen a wound like this".

Dormammu CAN'T pull a psyche, he's a fucking mystic entity. His word is his bond. Sure they don't explicitly state it like in the comics, but they do visually. It's why Strange was making kooky hand gestures whilst announcing the contract; to make it binding.

Mordo has god knows how much experience on Strange and ABUSING THE NATURAL ORDAH, even in the nothing-to-lose situation he did, was enough to make him renounce everything he ever believed in and go rogue himself. It's some deep, risky shit. You do not fucking use it to wipe away every inconvenience. That flies in the face of the message of trade-offs and responsibility the narrative tells (Strange's hands, TAO's immortality, the downer ending etc.).

You gotta wait until Infinity War pham. Agent Ross' gotta be on screen as well.
Cast Jude Law as someone too. Maybe Mar-Vell or Starfox.

>Jude Law as Starfox

holy shit I never realized how perfect this is

>Youtubers bring out points about how a movie is shit rather than me making my own opinion.
And nothing of value was lost.

>the UN
Wait really? Does Whedon really think that's how the UN works? Because they don't have nukes.