Okay so I just saw pic related...

Okay so I just saw pic related. I might be mentally retarded because there are a lot of things I didn't understand (spoilers, obviously):

>From what I've understood, Jared Leto wants replicants to be able to procreate in order to make a super-race to colonize space. So he's on the replicants' side, right? Then why are they fighting? Why is crazy girl going around killing everyone?
>What's up with that scene where he kills the newborn replicant?
>Why didn't he just make more replicants that can reproduce?
>Why did Harrison Ford's daughter implant her own memories in the main character's (and the other replicants?) mind? She didn't know her parents were replicants, so it can't be in order to find them.
>Who took the records of the daughter working at the orphanage?
>Why did the replicant farmer at the beginning have the mom's corpse in his backyard? Who is he?
>So there were 2 children right? A boy and a girl? Was the boy completely made up as a red herring?
>So the reason crazy girl found main character in Las Vegas was because the hooker planted a tracking device on him. Then what the fuck is she doing with the replicant rebellion when he is rescued? Or is it just a random extra that looked like her?
>On a side note, why didn't they follow up on that whole rebellion thing? That seemed important.

poo lol

I think you are retarded.

you are going to get a lot of responses saying you are stupid and this was all answered, but it wasn't. Most of the answers are things people made up that is nothing but conjecture and them trying to fill in the gaps to make up for this nonsensical movie.

Just remember you watched the movie and it didn't make sense, you going home and having strangers on the internet explain the movie isn't part of the movie

but you can't think so stop trying

Do you have ADHD?

I didn't get that all the replicants had that same memory. I thought thr resistance was just aware of what K saw, not that they all saw the same thing.

Implies they all went to the furnace to look a the horse and put it back.

>So there were 2 children right? A boy and a girl? Was the boy completely made up as a red herring?
Deckard scrambles the records.
>On a side note, why didn't they follow up on that whole rebellion thing? That seemed important.
They left that as a starting point for an inevitable sequel.

The rest of your questions cannot be really answered to satisfaction and is just the result of bad writing/poor execution.

do you?

>>So he's on the replicants' side, right? Then why are they fighting? Why is crazy girl going around killing everyone?
No, he is the slavemaster and they would be his autonomous slaves. He wants to figure out how rachel gave birth. He sends his attack dog out.

>>What's up with that scene where he kills the newborn replicant?
He hoped she/this model could reproduce, she could not.

>>Why didn't he just make more replicants that can reproduce?
He could not make any.

>>Why did Harrison Ford's daughter implant her own memories in the main character's (and the other replicants?) mind? She didn't know her parents were replicants, so it can't be in order to find them.
Somewhat ambiguous. She could have done it for kicks, could have done it out of sentimentality, but yea maybe to be found after all.

>>Who took the records of the daughter working at the orphanage?
Deckard.

>>Why did the replicant farmer at the beginning have the mom's corpse in his backyard? Who is he?
An ally of Rachel/Deckard/Replicant revolution.

>>So there were 2 children right? A boy and a girl? Was the boy completely made up as a red herring?
Yea, boy was made up to throw everyone off the trail.

>>So the reason crazy girl found main character in Las Vegas was because the hooker planted a tracking device on him. Then what the fuck is she doing with the replicant rebellion when he is rescued? Or is it just a random extra that looked like her?
2 parties go to Vegas. First Luv bc she tracked his car, second Replicant revolutionaries bc qt tracker.

>>On a side note, why didn't they follow up on that whole rebellion thing? That seemed important.
It was just to show that there's much larger machinations taking place than the tangential, personal story of K. We/he thought the story revolved around him, being the one and all that, in reality he was another nobody. A lesser film would have done more w/ that plot, Denis knew a little went a long way.

Leto wanted more Replicants to expand his own interests because he sees himself as basically god. They'd be numerous but still slaves.

She was a failure and the movie needed to show Leto was a spooky bad guy, also to set up some pathos for Luv.

It's still regulated, the real problem was also it took a lot of manpower to move Replicants back and forth, it would be easier if they just naturally made a workforce on site.

There was only one child, the girl.

The crazy girl found K by tracking his aircraft, the hooker was never on Leto's side, she was always working for the rebellion.

Last point is probably to set up a shitty threequel hook. I thought the whole rebellion shit was stupid.

They left it open for a sequel.

when does he say they had to be slaves?

That still doesn't explain why he kills her.

the rest is just conjecture

>Implies they all went to the furnace to look a the horse and put it back
I just assumed K was the only one that went to the orphanage while the others didn't know where to find it. So he's the only one that picked up the horse

he never says this, you are just making shit up

That's all you got out of my response? I honestly tried to be helpful.

I think it could have been implied that Stelline wanted to reproduce through her meomories, the only way she could wheather her illnes was real or not.

I do, life is very rough

So they all just never really looked into it? I can go along with that but I though they all seemed to know about it somehow

why would they look into it. they all know they have fake/implanted memories.

also, how would they look into it? the memory never gave a proper location.

basically decakrd wanted the girl for himself nobady help him, but than wallace finds out who did it and sends luv to get them from him so k wants to know who does it belong to and when he finds out they have these other type of replicants that are doing the exact same thing and k has to choose whether or not he loves dackard enough or his old girlfriend.

Other replicant's dindn't know shit theyve just never seen any wood.

>Why didn't he just make more replicants that can reproduce?
I think this is one of the biggest plot holes of the flick. If Rachael was designed to be able to bear children then surely the Tyrell corporation would obviously have known about it and it would have been on record somewhere. If she wasn't designed to give birth, then nothing in the film suggests or even begins to explain how that may have come to be. lol it's a miracle, ain't got to explain shit!

>>From what I've understood, Jared Leto wants replicants to be able to procreate in order to make a super-race to colonize space. So he's on the replicants' side, right? Then why are they fighting? Why is crazy girl going around killing everyone?
I've always thought that this was due to the fact that Wallace thought K was still on his mission to kill the halfbreed, or that K would kill deckard or make it harder for them to find him
>>What's up with that scene where he kills the newborn replicant?
I always thought he was unhappy how it didn't have a womb, hence why he cut her stomach
>>Why didn't he just make more replicants that can reproduce?
He didn't know how, that's why he needs the halfbreed to know how and why
>>Why did Harrison Ford's daughter implant her own memories in the main character's (and the other replicants?) mind? She didn't know her parents were replicants, so it can't be in order to find them.
She might've and been told to lie, she was raised by replicants iirc or at least watched by them before the furnace, and I assume she did this or was told to do this in order to throw anyone off her path
>>Who took the records of the daughter working at the orphanage?
I'm assuming that order or rebellious replicants or buatista's character
>>Why did the replicant farmer at the beginning have the mom's corpse in his backyard? Who is he?
I'm assuming he's of that order of replicants deckard met with in las vegas
>>So there were 2 children right? A boy and a girl? Was the boy completely made up as a red herring?
Red herring
>So the reason crazy girl found main character in Las Vegas was because the hooker planted a tracking device on him. Then what the fuck is she doing with the replicant rebellion when he is rescued? Or is it just a random extra that looked like her?
That I don't remember well enough
I guess it wasn't relevant to K's story and personal journey

if thats the case then where does the other girl come into play and why did she come to k when she already know what he wanted from them if she wasn't with the same group from the beginning of the movie?

I forgot they all knew about them being fake for some reason.

I think they just had her doing that to show us who she really was and had her do a few things that could be interpreted in different ways so we see that maybe there is something more to than it just being what you see from it

>on record somewhere
user. The records were fucked.

Don't forget there was the 10 day blackout that helped destroy an absolute shit tonne of records, on top of it probably being highly confidential and hidden due to being illegal.

I dont think you really understoond what was going on I think you just saw what you wanted to see and you are just filling in the large gaps this movie has to offer so that anyone can sort of put their own spin on what happened when in reality nothing really happens and nothing is really important

People blame TFA for nostalgia pandering but this was the same thing. Some of the stuff taken from the old film was pure cringe.

rachel was made way before that

Any part where k is in the city looked like something snl would do if they had a bladrunner skit

Yeeeeah, that's the entire point? he cant find the secret to how wallace did it.

Maybe someone here can answer this: why was a replicant like K even hired as a cop? They make it clear that he's disliked/distrusted by the LAPD force, but they never explain why they'd even have replicants hunting other replicants considering how unstable they are (hence the need for fucking blade runners in the first place)

>I think you just saw what you wanted to see and you are just filling in the large gaps this movie has to offer so that anyone can sort of put their own spin on what happened
I don't think so

>when in reality nothing really happens and nothing is really important
Well duh it's a movie, not some real life tragedy or event, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things

The new Replicants are way less prone to going crazy than the old ones.
It makes sense that you'd send superhumans after superhumans.
Nearly no human cop would risk his life just to hunt down a "skinjob"

he bought the company from tyrell, he didnt even need to have that problem

It never expands as to whether they are normal cops or just bladerunners.

Having them as blade runners works because they would know their own kind best, and be able to stand toe to toe with them in combat, unlike normal humans.

Their stability is also constantly tracked as well, we saw 2 or 3 times where he was assessed.

In the years since they got Replicants sorted and under control. Far as we know K was the first of the poilce ones to rebel fully. Think they were hunting Nexus 6 right?

Still, I don't get the rebellion though

How can replicants even give birth? What are replicants really? And why couldn't Wallace make more of them?

Okay, thanks for the answers. Beside the whole daughter memory thing that doesn't really add up, there is still something that bothers me:
>Why couldn't Jared Leto make another replicant that can reproduce? He made a clone of the mother, wouldn't that clone be able to do the same thing? Her eyes are not the same color, but that seems pretty minor.

Replicants are genetically human, not robots by any manner.

some movies do this and it requires understanding to see them

... After Wallace was dead. The research was also illegal, so wouldn't have just been in a folder labelled 'how to make babies'. Then there is the blackout to consider... as we already mentioned.

b-but its kino..

>when does he say they had to be slaves?

Does it need to be said? (I mean, it was - explicitly - in his monologue). Wallace manufactures replicants, and as per his monologue, he feels humanity's biggest bottleneck to colonizing other worlds (via replicant slave labor) is the slow rate of production, so his interest in replicant reproduction is clearly financial.

Are you sure you watched the flick? I felt like just about everything was spelled out pretty well.

they could have just sent anyone to kill them

He doesn't have the knowledge of HOW to make them reproduce. He keeps trying and failing. It's why they are so desperate to find the child.

The eyecolour being wrong is just another example of them not having complete records.

Oh right, I forgot about the whole blackout thing

Sure, but those normies would've been blown the fuck out by replicants if they ever actually did go.

>>So the reason crazy girl found main character in Las Vegas was because the hooker planted a tracking device on him. Then what the fuck is she doing with the replicant rebellion when he is rescued? Or is it just a random extra that looked like her?
No, the two are unrelated. Luv kills the police chief and goes through her computer presumably to track K.

1. They aren't JUST sent to kill them, they have to investigate.

2. Anyone isn't as strong as a single replicant, or as capable of identifying them (probably).

3. Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you need a companion guide to spell out every single decision the movie makes? The film isn't as straightforward as some nonsense like transformers, but its not exactly complicated either.

there is nothing to consider with the black out, if the data with rachel was a secret how did wallace even know to try and make a replicant that can have babies?

basically this. the whole movie was poo

Far from a blade runner (a decent flick, but not more) apologist, but
>if you didn't understand the movie, it's the movie's fault for not being clear, not your mental illness
You're a mentally ill retard, and you're not alone,but there will come a time when your sinister generation will be worm food, then we'll get back on track again.

Am i the only one who felt this movie originally had an even bigger run time? Things seemed rushed after K found Deckard.

they have guns and can kill them its not that big of a deal.

No I don't need a companion guide for shit you are making up for the movie

But what about their super strength?

First of all leto isn't wallace.

Secondly... what? He knew is was possible, he just didn't know HOW.

there he is

It's heavily implied that he always tried. He never stopped bitching about not having enough replicants. Easy fix is to make them able to reproduce.
Then he finds out Tyrell managed to do it years earlier so he goes heavy into the investigation.

Leto is Niander Wallace lmaooooo

how did he know it was possible without knowing about rachel, so she is not a secret

also leto was wallace...

I know right, the same people who think they know what this movie is about can't even distinguish the characters but attack people who for legitimate reasons are confused by the movie

Here's a you for the carefully constructed bait thread. It's magnificent.

what about guns that seem to be able to kill replicants...

specially engineered muscles and proteins? ant can lift 10x her own weight, mantis shrimp can punch with supersonic speeds. if I was a scientist with a grant to create officer K, i'd start looking into shit like that for inspiration and steal molecules and proteins that allow those feats from nature

89615050(you)

You don't know if it's a replicant until you check their right? eye for their serial number.
Replicants are able to react much faster than regular humans.
Being that close as a regular human to a replicant that knows it's fucked is going to end with a dead human.

thats why you bring a gun genius

Greatest film ever made this year, it was like Tears In The Rain.

Why does K even try to shut down Sapper "peacefully?" Just shoot him and get done with it.

Aren't replicants basically clones withot a original donor?

>Do ANDROIDS dream of electric sheep

makes a sequel about stupid clones. This movie makes less and less sense when you pick it apart

>"Last trick of Tyrell"

post your favorite shot in the whole movie

>instagram movie

>Not giant Joi
Plebs.

Wait, was this in the movie?

no lol

There I made it better for you.

Why Sup Forums is so obsessed with Gosling?

He was part of the police, not the army.

Rural people will never understand.

I agree it was Greatest Film of the Year.

However one hour and forty-five minutes of autistic replicant till Blade Runner shows up who then spend most of his time handcuffed or underwater is bit of a turn off.

This is the third 1980s film Harrison had a long lost, did not know he had, adult child used as a plot point.

It's a dangerous non-human, just kill him.

Why are we still here ? Just to Suffer....

>who then spend most of his time handcuffed or underwater is bit of a turn off.
What did you expect him to do? Go Indiana Jones on everybody? Break the cuffs?

He's also looking for information, He was arresting him at first and used self defense. Simply put.

He was not arresting him, he was going to kill him anyway, but peacefully.

This picture clearly shows, that Deckard is human.

How? I think Deckard is human, but I can't see how this pic justify it.

do you not know what drama is? So if people aren't involved in action scenes they are just standing around huh?

You cant break those cuffs

He's wearing K's coat. He's cold.

he says that he wants to bring him in peacefully. and he can't shoot him before he confirms hes a replicant by checking his eye. you're either baiting or literally retarded.

pretty much this, non memeing

the most bitter moment in the entire film

Are you referring how Deckard is sitting behind K, being Human by looking up for him ?

It also connect to the Wallace corporation Logo Being - Iii - A superior God and the human/replicant at the same height

It's not specify really, but the real answer is to give a semblance of humanity to K and surprise the audience when he's not the one. Being the more passive one of this first scene.

Replicants can feel things too, user. I think you should watch the movie again.