We won't be seeing any new lightsabers in The Last Jedi, not even Luke's green saber

We won't be seeing any new lightsabers in The Last Jedi, not even Luke's green saber.

Kylo has a new (albeit almost identical) saber in the recent trailer. Luke's green saber may come back, you don't know it won't. Now let's count. Unless I'm forgetting something there were a total of 4 different sabers in the original trilogy, in order of appearance: Obi Wan's, Anakin's/Luke's blue one, Vader's red one, Luke's green one. For the new trilogy we are currently at 3 different sabers with a high likelihood that Luke and Snoke will wield sabers at some point. Then there's the possibility of Rey getting a saber of her own, maybe after Kylo steals the Anakin-saber from her or for some other reason. Luke got his own, why not Rey, too? So we will likely see more unique sabers in this trilogy than in the OT. If you want more than that you're just a prequel kid. There are only 4 force users left in the galaxy, what are they going to do with a ton of different sabers?

Don't worry user jay jay is gonna make up for it by giving rey a special lightsaber colour that's better and more powerful than every lightsaber in the entire universe.

Rey will share the blue saber with Luke
Kylo will have the crossguard saber
Snoke won't even have a saber

P.S. Kylo's matte black saber, as opposed to chrome before. The shape is identical so this upgrade is mostly cosmetic. We'll see if it's even acknowledged as a new saber. Did he lose his saber in TFA?

Now count the lightsabers in Attack of the Clones.

>rewatch attack of the clones

no thanks.

Didn't it blow up or get cut? I recall Rey shoves it in the ground so it overloads or something.

>no green lightsaber
t>he one bit of fan pandering that would actually be pretty cool is the one they're not doing
What the fuck is wrong with Disney? Seriously. Don't they even know they can sell their shitty little 'Old Luke with green lightsaber' figurines if they do something like that?

if Kylo ends up wielding a darksaber, i will personally suck Kathleen Kennedy's 9 inch cock.

fact: if the prequels had come first the lightsaber would have never become an iconic weapon. having hundreds of them around means they're not special. imagine if there were a hundred millennium falcons or a hundred death stars. worthless.

>liking trash

There is only that black saber.. Was ancient as fuck

>There are only 4 force users left in the galaxy

If I remember right, just before she cut his face, she slammed her lightsaber into it while it was in the ground, but I can't tell if she cut it or just forced it further to put him off balance

How many lightsabers were there in the prequel trilogy?

How was Lukes blue saber even recovered?

>darksaber
Sounds like deviant art fanfiction trash.

One for each jedi, so a fuck ton, plus one for Dooku, Maul, at least 4 for Grievous, and 2 for Sidious

what's your problem?

That is a story for another time.

A STORY FOR ANOTHER TIME, user
Which means fuck you, space magic. Even though it fell into a fucking gas giant

BRAVO JJ

The green saber wasn't in Empire, so it can't be in TLJ.

But of course!

Kanjiklub