Predator vs scavenger

>predator vs scavenger
>equivalent of a crocodile vs a hyena

Why are people surprised the spinosaurus kicked T-Rex's ass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTzfaY2kx0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That scene was made to sell toys user.

Obvious bait. Have a pity bump.

a jaw designed to eat fishes vs. a very strong Bull Terrier like jaw

>rex was a scavenger
>hyenas are scavengers
Fuck off Jack Horner, you hack

>t-rex was an exclusive scavenger and never hunted!

Spinosaurus was bigger but T-Rex got the most powerful bite of all carnivorous dinosaurs. Spino could have a chance if it avoid the mighty claws but in the movie he got rekt just in the neck, it should had died right there.

Fight would've ended at the 10 second mark when Rex got the pretender's neck.

J U S T
U
S
T

why don't they have feathers?

>you will never be crushed by a stinky t-rex foot

Not with that attitude.

That has to be one of the most stupid and incorrect analogies I ever read, and I have been here since 2008
Jesus fucking christ, you disgust me OP

This makes me actually upset

The TRex would have snapped the Spinos neck as soon as it first grabbed him, it's bite force was insane

I like how no one points out that apex predators rarely (if ever) clash like this, and even then it's only under the most dire circumstances involving food scarcity or over control of pack leadership.

There's a reason for instance that you almost never see bears and cougars going at it beyond trying to intimidate one another until one of them fucks off. From an evolutionary perspective, it just doesn't make much sense for predators to fight each other to the death.

The risk of serious injury is just too high, with the reward too low when compared with downing a fatter and less clawy prey.

It makes about as much sense as a predator of spinos size wasting huge amounts of energy chasing down a handful of humans. It's like a human walking 10 miles to eat 3 mice.

3 is a total piece of shit.

>It's in all the trailers
>It's hyped to hell in every featurette
>Keeps being pushed harder by interviews
>Gets pushed to the point you literally get fucking action figures and a COMPUTER GAME BASED OFF JUST I
>Ready for some action
>It's not even 1 minute long and it's over

I guess the 2000's kid needed their own Super Shredder but damn do I feel bad for them.

I saw it and was floored. It was a 12 year old dream.

Did the same 15 years later for Jurassic world.

The first bite would have broken the spinos neck, killing it instantly

scientists actually know believe that the spinosaurus spent his entire life in the water, similar to an crocodile. it was simply to big to life, let alone hunt on the surface. so it´s very unlikely that a scene like this ever happened

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAH

in all seriousness a t-rex spends most of it's life relatively small compared to a full grown t-rex, first decade of their life they're quick and agile and hunt to survive. As they get gigantic, they do what a male lion does and only help when necessary to take down bigger prey, but mostly just let the smaller t-rexes and other predators kill the prey and then steal it for themselves. However, to assume that every T-rex is always a scavenger is to assume that t-rexes are always gigantic.

What I want to know is where are the T-Rex's feathers?

Why was T-Rex killed off screen?

>when you realize her facebook picture was bullshit

>it just doesn't make much sense for predators to fight each other to the death
Why do humans do it

agricultural revolution mostly, but when it sporadically happened before that it was for dwindling resources in certain areas, just like predators. Only when the chips are down and your options are thin

When will they learn?

Spinosaurus was a fucking fish eater. It fished for its food and spent most of its time near body of water. Its teeth were hollow meaning its bite force was weak as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=VTzfaY2kx0U

Is this from old J. Park? Holy fuck it still looks good today

Nigga it's a fucking movie suck my dick

this looks so stupid

You guys do realize the new recontruction isn't accurate at all and just guess work, right? They don't even have 50% of Spinos skeleton, so they just bashed it up with Bronyx and some other dinos to fill in the blank.

Given its teeth and diet, you can extrapolate what it might have looked like from the evolution of similar animals. Therefore it's likely to be low to the ground with slender jaws that are fast but not necessarily strong. Long, narrow body for swimming with a powerful tail for thrust.

This is far more likely that Horner trying to pump up his find as the New Big Thing based on a piece of tail.

I thought it was bullshit how the T-Rex doesn't seal the deal straight away once it gets purchase on that goose neck

>A glorified crocodile with conical teeth can beat an apex predator.
There's a reason Tyrannosaurids drew other large theropods to extinction in their hemisphere.

>Therefore it's likely to be low to the ground with slender jaws that are fast but not necessarily strong

no

Yes.

>T. rex was a scavenger

Jack Horner pls

Because we're retarded.

No that kind of makes sense
Food is scarce for predators
Lions and other big predators hunt small prey if they can
Humans aren't mouse sized to a Spino

apex predators rarely clash because they typically occupy their own separate niches and don't overlap. Basically, the problem isn't that Rex and Spino fight, it's that they're in the same area at all.

Spino is a water-based ambush predator, similar to crocodilians. It wouldn't be hanging out in the same habitat as Rex in the first place.

kevin spacey fighting the scavenger was his best role

Yes it could have, if they lived in the same time
Lions and crocodiles are in the same areas

A lot of people grew up watching the original Jurassic Park and its sequel when they were really young kids so when they saw their hero the T-Rex get stomped out like a little bitch without even a chance to redeem itself later in the film (which even as a Spino fan I agree should have happened, the T-Rex is the hero of the series), they got all mad.

I was only five when I saw Jurassic Park 3 and I saw it before all the others so the Spinosaurus has always been my favorite dinosaur to this thing, with Carnotaurus being my second favorite

Unrelated post; I love the Jurassic Park films, even Jurassic World but I wish they didn't have such a monopoly on dinosaurs. I'd really like to see a movie like Turok about people who artificially advance the age of the planet and recreate a planet of dinosaurs

holy shit,
>the state of cgi