Brand new here, wondering how much of Sup Forums actually avidly reads comic books...

Brand new here, wondering how much of Sup Forums actually avidly reads comic books. Are you bigger on cartoons and animated movies or actual comics?

Not trying to be an asshole, just genuinely curious.

>not lurking

Cartoons? comics? What's that?

We generally talk about Superhero movies here! Suicide Squad rocked!

The reading population of Sup Forums is simultaneously more and less than you'd expect, depending on which side allows for more shitposting, and there's this fairly odd divide between comic Sup Forums and cartoon Sup Forums, but it's fairly even despite the majority of threads being comic based (because the Big Two gives so much material to bitch about).

As for anything else, just pretend it's any other board, shut up, pretend you've always been here, and you'll fit in with the rest of the autistic fucksticks.

read comic a day, couldn't care less about cartoons

I watch American dad on Netflix a lot but I read probably 20 comics a week.

Sup Forums Loves their comics. Give Rat Queens a try, New Female Thor is quite good, but any of Marvel's new Legacy heroes (16 year old black girl Iron Man) are good. Read a few of those comics and just post randomly when you want to talk about them. Sup Forums is love!

Oh, word of warning! Avoid the new Flintstones comics! That should go without saying, comics about old 60's cartoons are almost universally bad. The cool thing to do nowadays is to post updated comic versions of old Cartoon shows and pretend they're awesome. It's a Sup Forums running gag, Flintstones, Apocalyptic Scooby Doo, just hide those threads and move on.

I came here for cartoons, but I stay for the comics.
Modern cartoons and their fanbases are too damn cancerous for me.

This is what we call a shitpost Op

I am big ob both.

I read comics, but not really big on straight-up capes. Love Vertigo stuff, love some Image stuff, definitely love the Mignolaverse.

>Rat Queens
>getting a "soft reboot"
Dropped.

I love cape and non cape comics. Sup Forums story times are what got me I to comics when I first heard of Sup Forums from a friend and I was just getting into the New 52. I watch some cartoons and movies, but it's browsing Sup Forums and reading the story times and seeing how divisive people can get about certain stories and characters that really got me into the medium and hobby. As much as people on Sup Forums tend to fight each other, this is my favorite board.

There's a lot of asshats on Sup Forums. SPOILER!
Because of the recent TV and movie success of so many properties, every jerk that's seen a live-action hero show or remembers an old cartoon thinks they know the related comics.
And I don't know why, but NeoNazi trolls have set up camp on Sup Forums and want to make you believe every superhero is also a Nazi and that being heroic is somehow wrong.

But every comic thread does have at least one honest-to-gosh comicbook fan who has read every single issue of their favorite comic.
Odds are that's not going to be your favorite comic though.
And most just post about how much they hate changes that have been made.
And you will have people like me aggressively post as much obscure canonical trivia as I can in every response to a question I deem interesting enough to answer.
So basically it's a crapshoot.

(abandon all hope, yea who enter)

I dont give a shit for cartoons and animated shit, I wish this board would fuse with manga and cartoons and animated would fuse with anime so it can stay together.

I prefer Image books but a friend gave me his marvel unlimites account. Its so much easier to read marvel when its free.

Im reading books I wouldnt even wipe my ass with.

Anyone read the Eminim/Punisher cross over? Holy fucking shit, it was awful.

Fuck off back to reddi.t, narc

look through the catalog

half of the threads are cartoons

10% are adaptations

20% are tumblr

so like 20% of this board is actual comics

>Eminem/Punisher
Hey at least it had more Barracuda.

yea but the whole thing felt like it was written by a thirteen year old who thought emminim was a hardcore gangster.

Also i didnt like the art

I read comics more often than I watch cartoons but I don't do either that often.
I follow creators more often than characters, so it's not often that I continuously read things, so I can go years without reading anything regularly.

I'm reading Priest's Deathstroke right now. I think the last series I regularly followed before that was the Boys.

I honestly I don't remember the last cartoon that I watched more than one or two episodes of.

Read at least 3 issues a day.

Don't watch any cartoons, unless it's anime on Netflix, for background noise.

>Slyde never got his revenge
>True justice will always elude him

The true heroes aren't always the ones swinging around but the ones living with the horrors costumed creeps spread

I'm definitely a comics guy but I've learned a lot about cartoons just from being here, which I appreciate.

Mostly I'm just here to answer questions with my encyclopedic autistic knowledge of comic history.

I love comics, but I haven't had any time to read any lately. Sadly, real life gets in the way.