With the Upside Down, we have a 30-page document that is pretty intricate in terms of what it all means...

>With the Upside Down, we have a 30-page document that is pretty intricate in terms of what it all means, and where this monster actually came from, and why aren’t there more monsters — we have all this stuff that we just didn’t have time for, or we didn’t feel like we needed to get into in season one, because of the main tension of Will. We have that whole other world that we haven’t fully explored in this season, and that was very purposeful.

THEN WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS? WHAT THE FUCK IS THE UPSIDE DOWN? WHAT ARE DEMOGORGONS? WHY WAS ANYTHING SPREADING?

WHY WAS SEASON 2 LITERALLY JUST A RETREAD OF SEASON 1 IF THEY HAD IDEAS ON HOW TO EXPAND THEIR CONCEPT WRITTEN OUT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING?

when i first saw this thing i honestly though it was entirely unrelated to the demogorgons and it was a totally different entity altogether that resided in the Upside-Down

that would have been pretty cool

I thought this would be the case, too. But I also thought the monster would be made of flesh, not smoke. More spooky when it's a thousand foot tall tentacle monster.

because they don't actually have any of those things

or they have them and they're super retarded and they're ashamed to put them out in front of people like that

didn't they say the demogorgons didn't reside in the upside down to begin with? that it could of been from another dimension?

if so, perhaps that is the case. only the mind flayer creature actually resides in the upside down, and it dominated the demogorgon's world and took them as mind slaves

Because they know S1 was a smash hit that even if s2 was utter dogshit, they still wouldve had at least a 1 more season renewed contract by Netflix, so they are just stalling.
Now that people liked s2 and they got greenlight for at least 2 more seasons officially, i dont see them what they can do with the story without going full retard.So theu are just saving those ideas as a filler for the next season.
Smart tb h, why waste all your bullets and get creative bankrupt later on

Season 2 was a mashup of at least 3 different H.P. Lovecraft novels.

**Still enjoyed it tho**

which ones?

why didnt the demodogs have dimension travelling powers like the original season 1 one had?

the monster is a metaphor for 11s transgenderism

The Lovecraftian ones

too much hanging on what happened in s1 and 1-2 too many subplots going on

>THEN WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS? WHAT THE FUCK IS THE UPSIDE DOWN?

don't you love some mystery?

>a totally different entity altogether that resided in the Upside-Down

that is what this is

fuck stop with this.

The Lurking Fear with the tunnel dogs
Color Out Of Space with everything rotting in a country town, only for the beast causing it to return to space afterward
The monster is probably some Cthulu shit

I haven't read all of his novels but these are the ones I'm thinking of, there are probably some more

wow

I thought every episode in this season (excluding continuity errors [lmao why was it spring blooming in november]) was defensible. If you ask a question, I wanna answer it.

Think of the mind flayer as the borg: it assimilates shit from different dimensions, and then turns it to its own uses. The demogorgon, the demodogs, and will were all under its influence.

>Redditor Things

>this monster waits the entire season to try and escape
Why didn't it just escape from day 1? Where did all the dirt from the tunnels get moved to without it being noticeable? None of it make sense.

Upside down is actually just an alternate reality that was invaded and taken over by the mindflayer

>where did the dirt from the tunnels move to

Dude, the mind flayer was literally made of the dirt? they went over this when they put the soil samples over a bunsen burner

It didn't want to escape because it likes it cold. It wanted to turn the world cold first

they wasted an episode for that shitty sister character

So in the upside down world do cars just drive themselves? Do things just float around magically when people move things in our dimension?

That episode was a necessary evil. It can't be a side plot for an episode (that would be very distracting), and it gave 11 some semblance of agency. It was very important, albeit atonal to the rest of the season.

The real world influences the upside-down, not the other way around. So yes, in some way, cars might magically drive themselves in some instances, but this has yet to be addressed. It seems that all buildings and long term structures are present in the upside down, but no structures from the upside down are present in the real world, so it's probably like a 2 way mirror.

They didn't. They were lying to generate hype and to let Netflix execs know that they were good for a second season.
Too, 30 pages aren't all that impressive.

I thought the subplots were handled better than the first season, what subplots did you take issue with?

lol if u want to ask questions like that

what the fuck did will eat and drink during the entirety of season 1?

stupid ass show desu

what the fuck is happening in episode 7? fucking dropping this show. holy fuk

I already miss the spooky style

So if you're just walking around the upside down world can you get hit by a car that someone is driving in our world?

It developed 11's morality, it's supposed to upset the viewer. It's literally supposed to be atonal and out of left field.

They had the gate/tunnels to travel back and forth In between them so they didn't really need it seeing as they acted as a hive. Plus it would be kinda hacky if they used that again

Well considering that this never happens, maybe it takes time for objects from the real world to materialize in the upside-down. Like old photography.

The demogorgon was a fundamentally different beast, perhaps the mind flayer arrived after the demogorgon storyline.

>mind flayer was literally made of the dirt
That's not physically impossible. The creature also flies out of Will in the end like some kind of dust apparition, which dirt is not. There is no scientific explanation for any of this, and the writers didn't even try to make it believable.
>a magic alien force entity that defies known laws of physics and seemingly possesses intimate matter like particles of dirt has one weakness, and that weakness is a temperature of a couple degrees above room temperature
Brilliant.

The only problem I had was how the fuck did they survive so many demodogs when they had problems with ONE demogorgon in the first season.

I love how they picked Madrid skateboards. The attention to detail is what I love about the show; she's not sporting PP, because she's not clean cut, nor Santa Cruz, because she's not a bad kid, but just cool, laid back Lucero-days Madrid

they obviously did it because it was a big brand during the 80s, which doesn't exist now

also notice how she can't really skate?? kek

ITT: Why isn't a fantasy horror children's show realistic! Waaah!

>what is a lovecraftian eldritch being from another dimension

plebians

>Max falls in love with Lucas and not Steve
Unrealistic

Charlie Heaton, the actor who portrays Jonathan Byers on the hit Netflix show Stranger Things, was detained at LAX Saturday for alleged cocaine possession, PEOPLE confirms.

The 23-year-old British actor was denied entry into the United States and sent back to the United Kingdom the same day, a law enforcement official confirms to PEOPLE.

Glib facsimile

>they detect literally nothing wrong with the dirt
>everything physical about the dirt is identical to other dirt
>dirt transforms into a whirling dervish under head
>MUH NOT REAL PHYSICS THOUHGHHH

m8 the show is consistent within itself, some shit resides in other dimensions, and you wanna say that this dirt is impossible?

why the FUCK did based Bob have to die?

The only thing that really got me what Lucas's finger snap in episode 8. That shit had so much echo to it I just stopped the show and laughed for a good half minute.

Bob becomes a martyr, he's now iron giant tier hero

>turns out the shadow monster went to Jonathan and drowned him in the punch at the snow Ball for revenge

>read this
>continue watching ep 8
>literally seconds later hear the snap

whoa man

But what about the putrid slime on the trees? And the fact the dirt "transforms" means there is something to detect, since it exists within their universe as a phenomenon and effects them. It's not very well developed, is all I'm saying, and just given as-is to the viewer.

I just finished the season and don't remember this

>sent back to the United Kingdom
So what happens back there, did he have to deal with the local law enforcement?

Lovecraftian

>it's just given as is to the viewer

yes, it's an inexplicable lovecraftian extra-dimensional being called the mind flayer that manifests through soil. Scientists literally have to travel to another dimension to sudy it. Is that so hard to understand? Are you ok, STEM kiddie?

Start at 20:58 on episode 8

JUST GIVE IT UP

cheap fucking shot, it should have happened in a more realistic way, the cliche was disrespecting the character development

update: apparently Madrid still exists and they did a series of boards based on Stranger Things

Sorry, meant 26:31

Same

Will is tapping his fingers, not Lucas?

Anyway I though that this Morse code was kind of bullshit

>cheap fucking shot, it should have happened in a more realistic way, the cliche was disrespecting the character development

are you fucking cinema sins? Bob died because he was, in a lot of ways, a patsy. Loveable, yes, but his downfall was his infatuation with her, so it only makes sense that he died because of it.

just describe the scene

I assume it is like Schrodinger's cat. The upside down is constantly changing, we don't know which influences which but we observe from the point of view of the real world. Once we switch point of view, that makes the other world "stick".

well? why isn't it?

If you need to start your sentence by "I assume" when trying to explain something from a movie, it's 100% of the times lazy writing

>are you fucking cinema sins?

DO I have to be Cinema Sins to express my opinion now? My argument is simple and reasonable.

It isn't necessarily "realistic", but it's consistent, and that's what matters in lovecraftian style horrors like this.

Or maybe it is not supposed to be explained? What the fuck is with people and everything being explained to them so that there are no more mysteries involved? Especially in a show with fucking 2 more seasons already planned.

>If it's not served to me on a silver platter it is bad writing

>Especially in a show with fucking 2 more seasons already planned.
FUCK

YES

Cinema Sins is a rancid youtube channel that should never have existed, it's rotting people's brains.

Is Nancy a Skeleton?

except that wasn't the question I asked, nor is it relevant with our conversation

Nancy is a retarded slut.

Autists have been conditioned by hard sci fi to think we need 'rational' pseudoscientific explanations for everything. Things can't just be spooky magic to them.

>it's an inexplicable
Only until they have to write in an weakness like "warmth", as if the same "lovecraftian extra-dimensional being" would somehow be effected by the natural physics of the world. If if exits in another dimension, then why is it effected by our dimension (temperature, i.e. entropy)? It's lazy, cheap writing - why can't you accept that? It's what the OP pertains to. If they had more screentime, they could have developed it better. But instead they waste an entire episode on El finding those outcast and her "sister".

all I know is that Steve deserves much better and Nancy a shit

I tried to sit straight while watching those scenes but during this one I finally vomited.

Did anyone else catch that the kids are in grade 8?

Maybe this is me just being old now, but I feel like kids in grade 8 didn't look like, well, kids. They're making a big deal out of small kisses/hand holding when I remember kids already getting laid at that point. Is this just the modern grade 8?

Read a book, come back later when you can understand sarcasm

>Only until they have to write in an weakness like "warmth", as if the same "lovecraftian extra-dimensional being" would somehow be effected by the natural physics of the world.

it's a metaphor you spazzie, cold, as in, abscence of warmth, abscence of love, an evil quality. It's not a science project moron, you need suspension of disbelief to HAVE A GOOD TIME.

It was implied that Billy sucked Steves cock in the shower

I don't think you understand what sarcasm means

Is it impossible to think that temperature might exist in both dimensions? We can exist in the upside down just fine, so it would make sense that temperature exists there... it's logically consistent, I'm sorry, but you're just wrong here.

this is gross

Shut up, don't you get that the interdimensional elder being is JUST A VIRUS

IT CAN BE CURED

WITH human bearable HEAT

>Muh pseudo science
You know you are watching a show where they base the monster names on DND. You know the same DND where MAGIC happens and EVIL being dislike to warmth/heat isn't out of place.

dude in my school kids were straight up shooting heroin whom they purchased from the teachers for a blowjob. And I grew up in a gated community

thisis sarcasm

I should be getting paid to post here

Was this supposed to be a proper kiss or a peck on the cheeks? I can't tell. It clearly looks like a peck on the cheeks.

>she's not even going directly towards his mouth
lol

That's more than enough to consider her blacked at that point IMO

i hope so

Those kids are nerds who have not kissed before, what do you expect

We need to let the mindflayer mind rape our children. It's the only way not to be bigoted.

it's just that you don't understand it because you're stupid