What the fuck was Hannibal Lecter's problem?

What the fuck was Hannibal Lecter's problem?

Tried watching that show Hannibal and it seemed good but the volume goes from mumbling dialogue to turbo 11/10 pounding drums and screeching instruments and i cant deal with it so RIP hannibal

He just wanted a room with a view

What problem?

The little murdering and eating people one

Dude was hungry. The only thing around was annoying yuppies. Its like being a black person in a food desert, can a nigga just get an apple...or an earlobe.

Damn Harvey WEinstein looks like THAT?

he enjoyed the taste of human flesh and playing 4D chess

What was wrong with that?

He was a sick twisted man! Didn't he witness Nazis eating his parents or something?

Discourtesy is unspeakably ugly to him.

this desu senpai

Poor guy must have committed his crimes before Golden Corral came around

>During his youth in WW2 he and his family hide out in a forest hideaway home (His father is a rich Count in Latvia). A plane crashes and while the adults come out to investigate/help they are all slaughtered in crossfire.
>Winter comes and Hannibal and his beloved sister Mischa stay at the house (he's about 11, she's about 8) but he develops pneumonia.
>A group of men, just out to loot, show up with another child in chains. They put all three children in the barn while they stay in the house to ride out winter.
>They eat both the other kid and Mischa, and because he's so ill they feed the broth of Mischa to Hannibal. He only realises after.

We don't talk about that movie here

>people starving to death resorted to cannibalism

Are you sure we're not talking about communists here?

were they nazis or soviets?

I've only seen the one with Jodie Foster
are any of the other movies worth watching?

Manhunter, but it doesn't feature the true GOAT Hannibal. It's way better than Red Dragon by far. Other than that and Silence, the rest are trash. You're better off watching the show or reading the books. Or reading about him on wikipedia.

Pretty much this, Manhunter and SOTL are excellent films.
It's a damn shame Hannibal (2001) sucked so bad despite having a good performance from Gary Oldman and a creepy finale.

Ray Liotta is such a shit actor

>Manhunter
>good
this meme needs to end. It's so fucking bad. It gets few things right.

I have kind of a soft side for him because of Goodfellas but yeah he was pretty garbage in that movie.

he just really loved eating pussy

My apologies for your shit taste

Hannibal (2001) is unironic kino. Hannibal's ability to make people hunting them never look over their shoulder is a bit much, but what's the problem?

The show - particularly the first two seasons - is some of the finest television I have ever seen, easily the best rendition of the character. And I say that as a lifelong fan of the first two movies.

Gary Oldman is superb in Hannibal, but the movie is otherwise mediocre at best.

I like Red Dragon, but I know it's a flawed movie.

Hannibal Rising is utter dogshit.

What was so bad about hannibal rising?

It's really weak (and not to sound like a pleb but fucking boring) compared to SOTL, like it has nothing of what made Hannibal so creepy in SOTL despite having that whole brain scene and killing the Italian guy.
Also as much as I like Julianne Moore she really doesn't match up to Jodie Foster's charisma, there's just no real sense of mystery in it.

Characters weren't at all compelling.

The Hannibal book is brilliant, if they did the book justice it would be 2 movies

>Ever thinking this retarded DAMAGED backstory is better than him just being a lunatic with a taste for human flesh
Film as an overall medium is shit

It ruins the creepiness of Hannibal by giving him a reason to kill (and a sympathetic one at that), the reason Hannibal and Buffalo Bill work so well in Silence of the Lambs is because they're direct contrasts of each other despite both being serial killers.

Buffalo Bill is a severely deranged man who's turned into a killer through years of systematic abuse (especially at the hands of his grandparents whom he killed as a kid), isn't very smart outside of killing people, has some capacity for sympathy (with his dog and Catherine to a small degree), and wants to evolve from his current state because he thinks he's inferior. Hannibal on the other hand has no particular reason to start murdering (has a successful career and is well regarded by his peers), is highly intelligent, totally sociopathic and thinks he's the greatest man on the planet while being able to blend in with people. Giving Hannibal a human side when he exists to cause mayhem no matter what is contradictory and ruins the fear behind him.

>implying
pic related
>Hannibal Rising
>Canon
pick one

This is too bad to be true.

>Oh wait, was she a great big fat person?

Thomas Harris wrote Hannibal Rising with the film in mind (and probably cheque in the back pocket) and is nowhere near the quality of his other books but it absolutely is canon

>Catherine is literally a young Starling carrying a fluffy white sheep dog

I read the book. It's terrible.

R I S I N G
I
S
I
N
G

He wrote it because Dino de Laurentiis told him that a Hannibal Lecter prequel was going to be made, with or without his involvement or approval. If I had been in Harris' place, I would have done the same thing. I would have shit out a complete piece of garbage, cashed that check, taken the gross points, and let my fat ass get even fatter.

it`s shit
lifelong fan of the books

he had the psycho genes. that activated it. or, he is just crazy if the movie is not canon.

The show was good? My ass it was. Le Chiffre made for a fairly decent Hannibal Lecter, but that "This is my design" crap was awful.

>create a truly mysterious villain
>one can only begin to imagine what compelled him to become such a monster
>perhaps the truly scary thought is that nothing made him evil, he was just curious and intelligent...maybe anyone could be this evil...woah really makes me think
>oh wait actually lol we made a film explaining it all
>he had a really tough childhood
>lots of people were meanies to him

>lifelong fan of the books
Shit taste in literature

If that's not copypasta.. pretty good analysis..

wouldn't it be crazy if him and will fell in love and anal sex and then will pooed a lil bit but hannibal loved it because he could smell what will had eaten earlier lol wouldn't that be really weird guys hahahahaha

Thanks, I have a really autistic love for this movie for some reason.

How did he know Frederica Bimmel (his first victim) again?

>goes from Mads tier looks to this
JUST

god I hate that shit. I’m with you user, I turn that shit off

get to bed you child

Hopkins should have never tried to outdo mads

i now hate every film in the series except silence, thank you user

people with poor manners

Silence of the Lambs 2 when?

>dude like my sister got eaten boo hoo literally crawling in my skin

Stupid character.

she lived in the neighbourhood

there used to be hilarious green texts about this. hannibal threads were quality

she sewed clothes with the grandma.

>tfw you never be a kid going to Golden Corral with your family ever again
Life is empty

Silence of the Lambs is a good flick, imho, but Hannibal as a character is pretty weak, especially the way he is portrayed in this movie. He is just a maniac that does crazy shit like biting people, and cannibals always have that oddly fascinating aspect to them. The later movies where they go more into his past are slightly better, except they ruined it a lot in some of them.

Forgot to mention that I think as far as Hannibal movies go, Red Dragon is my favorite.